S.fla Coaches on Who Miami Should Hire (It's Long)

Advertisement
Honestly didn't read it, but I'll tell you anyone who says Doc Holliday would be a good hire is just stupid.

When will people realize that no matter what at this school you will have elite talent, and at the ABSOLUTE WORST will have the 3rd most talented team in the ACC. They need to ****ing hire a coach who can, you know....COACH!

And who will Cristobal bring in as his assistants? Certainly not ones as good as Butch, Hue Jackson, Pagano, Chud, etc. And thats just a fact.

If Cristobal wants to be on this coaching staff, it better be as an position coach/assistant head coach, Not offensive coordinator Or Head Coach.

The only people I want less than Cristobal are probably Fuente and Schiano.

So your saying that we have enough talent on this team to win a NC?

This team right here has an average ranked class of 16.75 and has no depth and more holes in it than swiss cheese.

If you are so sure thats elite talent. show me the last NC to have a 4 yr class ranked that low.

Or tell me why facts like this dont matter.

Our greatest team ever was built off our difference making resource (not coaching).

Stop it buddy, scheme matters.

When we were throwing the ball all around the park under Schnells, we were doing it against teams that were built to stop the run.

When Hail Flutie happened, Stubbs was downfield in coverage in that bull$h!T *** 5-2 defense, instead of in the backfield trying to plant Flutie...hence, the Miami 4-3.

Erickson took it to another level with the 1-Back. ****, I contend that if Erickson was our OC in that 86' Fiesta Bowl, we blow PSU out.

Coaching matters...scheme matters.

Last edited:
Our greatest team ever was built off our difference making resource (not coaching).

Stop it buddy, scheme matters.

When we were throwing the ball all around the park under Schnells, we were doing it against teams that were built to stop the run.

When Hail Flutie happened, Stubbs was downfield in coverage in that bull$h!T *** 5-2 defense, instead of in the backfield trying to plant Flutie...hence, the Miami 4-3.

Erickson took it to another level with the 1-Back. ****, I contend that if Erickson was our OC in that 86' Fiesta Bowl, we blow PSU out.

Coaching matters...scheme matters.

OK bring back Elmer Fudd... The search is over.

I am not saying it doesn't matter. What I am saying is that you could use our talent base to make any coach look like a god. If you cant tap into that talent we wont win titles.

Honestly didn't read it, but I'll tell you anyone who says Doc Holliday would be a good hire is just stupid.

When will people realize that no matter what at this school you will have elite talent, and at the ABSOLUTE WORST will have the 3rd most talented team in the ACC. They need to ****ing hire a coach who can, you know....COACH!

And who will Cristobal bring in as his assistants? Certainly not ones as good as Butch, Hue Jackson, Pagano, Chud, etc. And thats just a fact.

If Cristobal wants to be on this coaching staff, it better be as an position coach/assistant head coach, Not offensive coordinator Or Head Coach.

The only people I want less than Cristobal are probably Fuente and Schiano.

So your saying that we have enough talent on this team to win a NC?

This team right here has an average ranked class of 16.75 and has no depth and more holes in it than swiss cheese.

If you are so sure thats elite talent. show me the last NC to have a 4 yr class ranked that low.

Or tell me why facts like this dont matter.

You're entire argument is flawed because we had a coaching staff that couldn't win. My entire point was that if you hire a coach that can actually coach, thats all that matters. Al Golden couldn't coach AT ALL, and was a decent recruiter, at best. So if we get a guy that can actually coach and win, the recruits will come. If you think that recruits wont come her for a good coach, you're just plain wrong. As you said the past 4 years we averaged 16th in recruiting, WITH AL GOLDEN!!! Imagine if we had an actual HC. Sure we may not have the talent to win the NC this year, but we DID LAST YEAR. The draft, and the fact that we still have a lot of talent proves it. We will always have top level talent, the key is if we can find a coach that will develop that talent and actually has a good scheme. Thats why Cristobal shouldn't be hired, he's not proven, I don't care how well you think he did at FIU. All he is is a top recruiter, thats not good enough. Hue Jackson or Butch Davis all the way for this coaching hire.

Advertisement
Most of the guys on that list have never shown the ability to win without a team that's loaded with talent so of course they would all preach about recruiting.

I didn't read the whole thing word for word but did anybody mention innovation? Development? Getting the most out of the players?

How 'bout you go get the opinion of the guys who's winning football games at West Broward? Or the guy who went 7-3 at Coral Springs and won Coach Of The Year?

You're interviewing guys who rely on talent. What do you think they're gonna say?

Well in recent years no team that hasn't had at least 50% of the roster with blue chip recruits(4 & 5 stars) has won a championship.

Cause the teams that are winning championships are the schools who recruit heavily and are loaded with talent.

Advertisement
Dear God. We went that route with Randy Shannon, did we not? A Miami guy. A guy that coached here, played here, had deep ties to the community. To **** with that. We need a good coach, not a good recruiter. A good coach will draw local players by producing results. Yes, we want someone that can recruit, but if they can't coach themselves out of a wet paper bag they are USELESS. Mario can recruit, but dear lord, ANY good coach can recruit well at UM.
Shannon was not well liked by hs coaches

Advertisement
Advertisement
I dunno man.

It’s nice to hear their opinions of course but asking people not qualified for the position what we should look for in the position?

Grain of salt. Several grains of salt.

Advertisement
Back