S&C yielding early returns

Advertisement
The kids are always working harder. The new program is better. We’re seeing so many gains. Wow, what were we doing before?

Yawn. Show me on Saturday in the fall. We haven’t been able to push people around in decades.

Agree 1000000%

Until Miami is actually competing for an ACC ship, and then playoffs

Everything else is fake tough guy social media fodder

Just win

He is good. It is just wash rinse repeat- every time there is a coaching change there is some revelation that the strength and nutrition staff was sub par. Swasey not allowed in the gym, Gus fattening everyone up, food was crap etc etc.
I agree I had a reasonable opinion of feeley. I don’t think he himself was the issue. Now clearly Mario is putting together a more comprehensive enterprise that hopefully takes it to the next level, but these guys haven’t all gained 30 lbs in a month. A lot of them had likely made some gains previously.

Nevermind the fact that guys like cave and huff weren’t playing for other reasons. Lord knows ragone wasn’t on the field for his physique.

Advertisement
And I'm glad Ragone got on the field last year. That's what playing with heart looks like. Love that kids passion and football IQ!! Kid just kept making plays. I hope Strong gives him the nod to start and makes the other guys try and take the job from him.
I agree about his passion and football IQ but he lacks size and speed to be a great LB or start at a power 5 school but if none of the other LB can get the playbook down or no the scheme enough to be effective then Ragone is the only answer unless we hit the portal

Respectfully, FOH. Lol. Those mofos were being dragged & bouncing off of ppl like ping pongs. U can sleep at night telling urself that, but that ain’t true. We definitely had a S&C problem.
Glad I kept scrolling before I replied because these are my sentiments exactly.

Too many times I seen our player sniff a play out for a loss or minimal gain only to get drug for an additional 5 yards or more.

Every program does.

The kids are always working harder. The new program is better. We’re seeing so many gains. Wow, what were we doing before?

Yawn. Show me on Saturday in the fall. We haven’t been able to push people around in decades.
People also forget:

1- you lose weight during the season
2- if you aren't in a bowl, Dec-Feb are when you're packing on mass / strength
3- vs in-season when you're focusing on peak power and recovery, and you hope micro-dosing top end speed (HOPE)
4- Diaz was passive, Feeley had to follow the leader, both were out the door before Thanksgiving

So of course "Mat Drill" season looks good. Let me know when guys are setting vert, broad, CMJ records. Fuhk your 1RM squat for a WR (or really anyone), who gives a chit?!

Advertisement
Yeah man, you don’t make ridiculous gains like that in 2-3 months unless you’re taking crazy supplements or weren’t working out. I hate to be the negative dude in the room, but some of these gains tie back to some of the players on record saying that some of the dudes in the past who weren’t all in, are now all in.

Let me chime in here.

I still use the UM gym. I bump into the kids all the time. Last year's team was physically impressive. In fact, it was likely one of the more impressive teams physically I've seen here in a long time. I attribute that to a fairly veteran roster, particularly with various super-seniors. I was pretty excited about the squad (preseason), although I remember posting that looking like a bodybuilder doesn't necessarily mean a kid can play or can't. Like some have said here, what makes an S&C coach look good is a talented roster but more importantly competent coaching. You think Bama's guy would be a household name if he was anywhere else? All of these reports are great but the roster is largely the same as last year so temper your enthusiasm. We still have weaknesses and S&C isn't going to change that (OL/DL/LB). That said, I have no doubt that we're going to play better and the perception may be that this S&C staff is better than the prior which is truly a difficult assessment for any fan to make.

Let me chime in here.

I still use the UM gym. I bump into the kids all the time. Last year's team was physically impressive. In fact, it was likely one of the more impressive teams physically I've seen here in a long time. I attribute that to a fairly veteran roster, particularly with various super-seniors. I was pretty excited about the squad (preseason), although I remember posting that looking like a bodybuilder doesn't necessarily mean a kid can play or can't. Like some have said here, what makes an S&C coach look good is a talented roster but more importantly competent coaching. You think Bama's guy would be a household name if he was anywhere else? All of these reports are great but the roster is largely the same as last year so temper your enthusiasm. We still have weaknesses and S&C isn't going to change that (OL/DL/LB). That said, I have no doubt that we're going to play better and the perception may be that this S&C staff is better than the prior which is truly a difficult assessment for any fan to make.
Helluva lot different perspective when you’re actually seeing it versus just speculating about it.

Advertisement
Yeah man, you don’t make ridiculous gains like that in 2-3 months unless you’re taking crazy supplements or weren’t working out. I hate to be the negative dude in the room, but some of these gains tie back to some of the players on record saying that some of the dudes in the past who weren’t all in, are now all in.

Gains like this are realistic if there's enough "good work" already put in and the nutrition gets cleaned up to a point where everything is hitting on all cylinders.

I've said it before - Feeley is a good S&C coach. But one of the things that keeps coming up is how much better nutrition is now, and it really seems to have been a point of emphasis for Feld/Cristobal. If the nutrition is better, there's no question these guys could add 10-15 pounds of good weight, because Feeley had these guys in shape the last few years.

1646062894050.png

Advertisement
Gains like this are realistic if there's enough "good work" already put in and the nutrition gets cleaned up to a point where everything is hitting on all cylinders.

I've said it before - Feeley is a good S&C coach. But one of the things that keeps coming up is how much better nutrition is now, and it really seems to have been a point of emphasis for Feld/Cristobal. If the nutrition is better, there's no question these guys could add 10-15 pounds of good weight, because Feeley had these guys in shape the last few years.
I read a really great quote once: "you can't out train a bad diet"

Let me chime in here.

So let me chime in, my boy, and it’s something u said that I’ve said for a min;

My flack for our previous S&C wasn’t how our guys looked. I mentioned several times that our guys had body builder physiques, which looked good, but I questioned functional strength in relation to football. It was interesting to hear both Feld & Love talk about it’s important to get guys strong, but it’s incorporating strengths as it pertains to football functionality. Hence, when see a guy like McCloud who looked physically gifted, make contact in the back field & get pulled fwd 3-4 yrds.

Also, when we went up against a lot of teams, not just the elite, we looked small. Defined? Yes; but bulk, no. Then a poster hit me w/ the nutritional side, & it made perfect sense as to y our guys looked good w/ shirts off, but many didn’t have elite football size at this level. B/c I used to personal train, I never get impressed by how a guy looks; I’ve seen guys look great, but can’t bust out 50 push ups, squat 315+, or even have a strong grip (my former brother in law is a prime example).

So I appreciate u saying how good our guys looked in person, but I was one of the main ones on here that mentioned I didn’t care about how they looked b/c looks vs. abilities or techniques r on separate platforms. Our S&C was on the level of a 24hr fitness personal trainer level vs. football program.

Advertisement
Back