S&C yielding early returns

Advertisement
IDk how big you like your backers but this is him 10/2020. Looks like a LB to me. View attachment 178652
Ice Cube Movie GIF

Dang...... Give him an IEP and put him on the field....

Does a new strength and conditioning coach make that much difference in a month or two?
Or a we getting the off season hype we always get only to go back to moping during the season.

I don't know the different qualifications of the current s&c coach or the past ones but the difference can't be that much.
Try to look at it like this.... If I do 200 pushups a day every day for 2 months straight I'll look way different than I do now.... So when it comes to these guys they have an actual S&C coach, plus nutrition people and a host of others at their disposal so in 2 months time you'll see a pretty big difference...

Advertisement
Try to look at it like this.... If I do 200 pushups a day every day for 2 months straight I'll look way different than I do now.... So when it comes to these guys they have an actual S&C coach, plus nutrition people and a host of others at their disposal so in 2 months time you'll see a pretty big difference...

I get that, but every time we get a new S&C coach I hear the same things.
So the past strength coaches were that bad or what?

It was a few LBs that had problems with the scheme and playbook last year that's the main reason Ragone got on the field a lot last year
And I'm glad Ragone got on the field last year. That's what playing with heart looks like. Love that kids passion and football IQ!! Kid just kept making plays. I hope Strong gives him the nod to start and makes the other guys try and take the job from him.

Advertisement
It's not just the strength coach. This time around we've overhauled nutrition staff & now have a Director of Sports Performance from a pro sports team overseeing everything. This is different and something we've never seen at Miami. That level of investment is very likely to pay dividends on the field.

Advertisement
Gus was atrocious and Feeley, while better than Gus, had limitations... So yes they were subpar compared to Feld and his crew...
Plus the updated nutrition program, that helps too...

Can't explain the pic of Huff muscled up in '20. I've seen him look straight skinny in photos since. Sometimes guys that are all muscle/extremely-low fat look that way in t-shirts. Too, after months of practicing in extreme heat there's probably weight loss, possibly significant for some.
At any rate, with some guys it just takes time to physically mature, AND credit the new program as well. Guys can't just quietly come around after 2-3 years in the program with the microscope the highly touted one's are under in the day we live. Hopefully we get a handful of surprises from guys we've written off too soon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back