Running info on Bama.

Advertisement
I'm glad this game is #1 on the schedule. With all of Bama's coaching turnover and their usual mass exodus to the NFL, if there's a time to at least keep it close, it's week 1. With that said, Bama by 20+ due to huge talent gap and coaching (even if they aren't firing on all cylinders yet).

We've laid eggs in all big games in recent memory (minus ND/VT in 17) so it's time to shine when the lights are brightest.

Im going to venture a guess that even the kids stepping into starting roles for Bama this year will be better prepared than the kids at UM who will be returning starters.

Paul Tyson name makes no sense, how the **** did the parents thought about it for 9 months and end up with that?

I don't want to mope, and I liked our improvements last season, but if our offense plays another Clemson/UNC level game against Bama I would like an upgrade on OC. The problem is King is hurt, our WRs (until they prove otherwise) are sorry and our OL is a work in progress, so I don't know if I can even be too harsh on Lash

Advertisement
Paul Tyson name makes no sense, how the **** did the parents thought about it for 9 months and end up with that?

I don't want to mope, and I liked our improvements last season, but if our offense plays another Clemson/UNC level game against Bama I would like an upgrade on OC. The problem is King is hurt, our WRs (until they prove otherwise) are sorry and our OL is a work in progress, so I don't know if I can even be too harsh on Lash
I think you answered your own question. I don't think we can objectively fault Lashlee a whole lot for game 1 in year 2 against a **** dynasty.

Insider from Bama board:

Here are some team nuggets from the first three practices. It’s early, so don’t write this in stone.

-- On Wednesday, Nick Saban said sophomore Bryce Young is “a little bit ahead” of the other quarterbacks. In practice, Young has taken the majority of the first-team reps, with Paul Tyson working with the twos but also receiving some first-team work through three days.

-- With a couple of offensive linemen out, including Emil Ekiyor, the O-line could look different by the end of the spring -- and start of fall camp -- but early on, the first unit has consisted of, from left to right, Evan Neal, Tommy Brown, Chris Owens, Javion Cohen and Damieon George with Kendall Randolph working at tight end and right tackle, too. The second group has been Amari Kight, Terrence Ferguson, Darrian Dalcourt, Tanner Bowles and JC Latham.

-- At the receiver position, all of the healthy players are getting reps. Slade Bolden, Javon Baker, Xavier Williams and Traeshon Holden have all worked with the first group. As for the freshmen, Jacorey Brooks, Agiye Hall and Christian Leary, they have all looked the part in their first college practices. One source made sure to mention Leary “can fly,” which is no surprise.

-- Brian Robinson is leading the running backs, but Jase McClellan has also seen work with the first-team offense. Keilan Robinson, after missing last season, has been the third tailback.

-- Defensively, there’s not much to report at this point, but the cornerback position, which is open with Patrick Surtain II turning pro, has been manned by Jalyn Armour-Davis. No surprise to see some of the program’s older players filling first-team roles at this point in the spring, but again, it’s early and things can change. Ronald Williams has also been standing out.

*** Alabama will practice again this afternoon and tomorrow before taking two days off.

Bama had there 1st scrimmage yesterday and the insider info is below:

Alabama held its first of three scrimmages on Friday afternoon -- a two-hour, game-like practice at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Here are nuggets from the Crimson Tide’s scrimmage:

-- It sounds like the first-team defense, especially the defensive front, had a strong showing on Friday. Outside linebackers Christopher Allen and Will Anderson applied consistent pressure on second-team quarterback Paul Tyson. They bookended a defensive front that featured a D-line with a combination of Justin Eboigbe, Byron Young, DJ Dale and LaBryan Ray. Rounding out the defense at inside ‘backer were Christian Harris and Jaylen Moody, while the secondary was comprised of Josh Jobe and Jalyn Armour-Davis at cornerback, Jordan Battle and DeMarcco Hellams at safety and Brian Branch at Star. Hellams scored via a pick-six.

-- Tyson primarily faced the first-team offense and while faced with plenty of pressure, threw a lot of quick passes. Second-year quarterback Bryce Young ran the first-team offense and, for the most part, competed against the second-team defense where he had a successful day. In his post-scrimmage press conference, head coach Nick Saban applauded Young.

“I thought Bryce did a pretty good job of managing the game and was accurate with the ball and did a nice job,” Saban said of the sophomore. “Made a few explosive plays. But I thought really did a good job of managing the whole situation on offense when he was in there.”

As things stand at the midway point of the spring, Young is the No. 1 quarterback, Tyson is the No. 2 signal-caller and true freshman Jalen Milroe is third in Alabama’s quarterback race.

-- Even though Young was solid in his first-ever spring scrimmage, he still faced pressure from the Tide’s second-team defense. The second unit of Tim Smith, Jah Marien-Latham and Jamil Burroughs played well and showcased the depth of Alabama’s defensive line position.

-- The quarterbacks targeted the tight ends quite a bit Friday afternoon, and Cameron Latu and Jahleel Billingsley benefited from it. Latu was a name that popped up last preseason as a player that performed well in practice, and that seems to have started up again this spring. At wide receiver, Slade Bolden is the most experienced player with John Metchie sidelined, so some of the young players need to step up. It sounds like Javon Baker had a good day.

-- With the defensive front being the standout of the scrimmage, the offensive line consequently did not. But that’s to be somewhat expected given the number of players out with injuries. As for the running game, Brian Robinson, Jase McClellan and Keilan Robinson continue to be the top three backs, and all three had at least one impressive run Friday.

-- Closing things out with special teams, Charlie Scott is still with the team and was the punter with the ones during the first scrimmage. He also held for placekicker Will Reichard. Ty Perine was the second-team punter and looked good when he got a chance to kick the ball.

-- A bit of housekeeping: the team will have the next two days off for Easter before returning to practice on Monday. It will practice three times before another scrimmage Saturday, April 10.

Advertisement
We are going to get blown out this game but how much is inexcusable?? 🤔.... I say getting blow out period no matter the score.

We are going to get blown out this game but how much is inexcusable?? 🤔.... I say getting blow out period no matter the score.
There is absolutely no reason to get blown out in this game. In fact, this game is setting up for an upset with all the talent they lose and all the players we return. If Díaz can’t compete in this game then he needs to go. This is year 3. No more excuses.

There is absolutely no reason to get blown out in this game. In fact, this game is setting up for an upset with all the talent they lose and all the players we return. If Díaz can’t compete in this game then he needs to go. This is year 3. No more excuses.
winner award GIF

Advertisement
Florida’s starting QB was our starting QB’s backup. Pessimistic *** fans that call themselves “realist” need to stfu. WE GOT ALL THE CHANCE IN THE WORLD TO BEAT BAMA!!!

Advertisement
Every one of our players came to Miami hoping to have a shot to play and win against Alabama. Every one of our coaches did the same. We used to be Bama. So I do not accept that we're just going to lie down and die. I personally am looking forward to seeing how our team responds to the challenge.

Every one of our players came to Miami hoping to have a shot to play and win against Alabama. Every one of our coaches did the same. We used to be Bama. So I do not accept that we're just going to lie down and die. I personally am looking forward to seeing how our team responds to the challenge.
I'm sorry but we are going to get worked dog. And it has nothing to do with coaching.....if u put Diaz at bama right now and saban on our sideline they still clap us. Too many dogs over there just like Coker had to many dogs.

Advertisement
Back