Running info on Bama.

I love this program....but people have to be realistic.

Is it possible we can win? Sure.

Is it likely? No.

Posters are setting themselves up for disappointment if they think we, in any regard, have an advantage on paper. We don’t.

Be competitive, look like you belong on a national stage, make Bama take the game seriously until the very end — I’ll be content if that’s the result.

And no, you don’t go into the game thinking you have “no chance,” but let’s dispel the notion that this is a make-or-break game for the season.

The goal should be to beat UNC’s ***, win the coastal, and give Clemson a **** of a game in the ACC Championship game. I’ll consider the season a failure if we fail to accomplish those goals, not whether we upset Bama.
I plan on going up there and having fun with friends.

We win? I may die in an Atlanta bar.

Advertisement
I plan on going up there and having fun with friends.

We win? I may die in an Atlanta bar.
If we win and you manage to make it through the night, we'll set up a gofundme for your liver transplant.

Don’t think we have the guys on the DL to cause many havoc plays against them. Going to have to play sound defensive football... anddddd you know that’s not manny’s scheme so. Take that as you will
We need a very good gameplan to stop Bama.

LB: Will Anderson might be player of the year, Chris Allen not far behind. Christian Harris AP all American. Moody had a great spring. We have depth for the first time with Sanders, Lee, King Kennedy, Jackson, and Lawson. True freshman Deontae Lawson is the guy to watch. He is the next star and could even start before it is over. Remember this name!!
Must be nice...

I still don't understand how Manny's been here for five years and only has had 2 good LBs.

Advertisement
Our Guards & Centers vs their DT is what I’m worried about. I don’t see how we win if we are getting bullied in the interior.

Here's the recap of spring from their "inside guy" - he seems to have access to practice etc.

This will be one of NS's best defenses. Our strength will be led by our LB's, Depth at DL, and safeties. No excuses this year.

LB: Will Anderson might be player of the year, Chris Allen not far behind. Christian Harris AP all American. Moody had a great spring. We have depth for the first time with Sanders, Lee, King Kennedy, Jackson, and Lawson. True freshman Deontae Lawson is the guy to watch. He is the next star and could even start before it is over. Remember this name!!

DL: We might that have that top 10 guy but we have 9 guys that can really play: Mathis, Eboigbe, Dale, Young, Ray, Smith, Wynn, Latham, Burroughs, and Goodwine. This is Ray's year and he stepped up. Look for Smith to play a lot. Burroughs is coming on strong.

Safety and Star: Battle and DeMarco continued to impress and they are by far the best two in secondary. Branch had a solid spring. It will be a huge battle between Branch and Moore at Star. Story and Wright will be solid backups at safety and play money. Fun fact: DJ Douglas could have earned scholarship as he is a really good player that can add depth.

Corner: Jobe and Armour-Davis both had solid springs and are going into fall as the two starters. Look out for McKinstry as he could be the guy that starts by midseason. Banks had a great spring, too. Williams and Turnage will be solid backups. And nobody knows about summer enrollee yet.

QB: Young had a solid spring and was the starter from the first day. He showed why he was the number 1 player in the country. He got 90% of the first team reps all spring. His favorite receivers were the TEs (Billingsley and Latu), and WRs Baker and Holden. His roommate is Holden so they have a special bond. Young strength showed out in ADAY which is ability to extend plays and instinct. The only concern on Young is size and durability. The coaches are excited about Bryce's future throwing to NFL TEs and future star WRs. Tyson had a solid spring and will be a very good backup this year and will be prepared. He played through a hamstring pull all spring. He finished strong as he graded really high in spring game where he converted 5 third down completions in tight coverage and had no turnovers with big rush. The coaches like that Tyson takes care of the ball, knows offense and can make every throw. Milroe had a good spring but is way behind in starting as QB. He is the best runner by far and great athlete. Milroe could play multiple positions. He had a rough first scrimmage as he was sacked 10 times but the second scrimmage he had two nice runs. He came from a running offense so it will take him awhile to get used to our offense.

OL: The coaches feel very good about a starting 5 but know they have work to do in developing second team. Neal, Ekiyor, Owens, and T Brown will start and, Randolph, Cohen, and George will battle for last spot. But, as season goes on Latham could be in the mix. As of now Randolph is the most consistent one and will play at RT or blocking TE. Seth improved a lot over spring as well as Kight. Brockermeyer and Ferguson have a long ways to go but will get there. Dalcourt is a solid center if needed. Quick has not played for the new coaches but he will be a guard to watch this fall.

WR: As I have been saying, Hall is the best of this years class. Brooks and Leary had good spring too. I wish we could have seen them in ADAY on second team. Metchie, Baker, Holden and Bolden will all play with ones. Xavier had a good spring but finished with some key drops in ADay. Jones-Bell is fastest and they are using K Robinson to get some more speed at WR in situations.

TE: Billingsley and Latu will both be in NFL. Both huge targets for Bryce this year. Look for us to play them at the same time a lot next year. Billingsley can play anywhere and he is a match up nightmare for short defenders.

RB: Brian Robinson will be the starter but others could get more carries. This backfield is loaded with Jase McClellan, Roydell, KRob, Edwards, Sanders, and our stud freshman.... Nobody really knows who is going to be the next guy. Most expect 3 to 4 backs to get 5 to 10 carries per game. One will break out after the first two games. Roydell made the biggest move over spring as he was outside looking in but he is now in the mix.
Reads and sounds like a CIS recap and fluff piece designed to get fans excited about the upcoming year. There is, however, one big difference. Bama has a STRONG track record that leads me to believe much of what was written is true. We don't and therefore most of us are in a wait-and-see mode.

Reads and sounds like a CIS recap and fluff piece designed to get fans excited about the upcoming year. There is, however, one big difference. Bama has a STRONG track record that leads me to believe much of what was written is true. We don't and therefore most of us are in a wait-and-see mode.
The guy that puts out this info has a distinct writing style. I noticed that after reading a few of his posts. He seems to be a universally accepted "insider" on that board, even by their 27 guys. He has access to practices and appears to talk to staff. He doesn't post a lot. I haven't seen him post on recruiting, either. Just team stuff.

Advertisement
I love this program....but people have to be realistic.

Is it possible we can win? Sure.

Is it likely? No.

We're 100% in agreement up to here.

I just don't like the guys who are saying we are certain to lose. That's defeatist. Fvck Bama and all their racist inbred fans.

Their D is disgustingly good. Lashlee needs a find a way to help King score 30+ against possibly the best D in the country. No one said that was easy or likely. But we do have a decent offense for the first time in many years. Their O isn't all that, at least from a backfield perspective. Manny needs to stop the run, and everything will flow from there. Play the game.

We're 100% in agreement up to here.

I just don't like the guys who are saying we are certain to lose. That's defeatist. Fvck Bama and all their racist inbred fans.

Their D is disgustingly good. Lashlee needs a find a way to help King score 30+ against possibly the best D in the country. No one said that was easy or likely. But we do have a decent offense for the first time in many years. Their O isn't all that, at least from a backfield perspective. Manny needs to stop the run, and everything will flow from there. Play the game.

They haven’t stopped a good offense in two seasons.

We will score.

The key imo is slowing down their very green offense.

Here's the recap of spring from their "inside guy" - he seems to have access to practice etc.

This will be one of NS's best defenses. Our strength will be led by our LB's, Depth at DL, and safeties. No excuses this year.

DL: We might that have that top 10 guy but we have 9 guys that can really play: Mathis, Eboigbe, Dale, Young, Ray, Smith, Wynn, Latham, Burroughs, and Goodwine. This is Ray's year and he stepped up. Look for Smith to play a lot. Burroughs is coming on strong.

Safety and Star: Battle and DeMarco continued to impress and they are by far the best two in secondary. Branch had a solid spring. It will be a huge battle between Branch and Moore at Star. Story and Wright will be solid backups at safety and play money. Fun fact: DJ Douglas could have earned scholarship as he is a really good player that can add depth.

Corner: Jobe and Armour-Davis both had solid springs and are going into fall as the two starters. Look out for McKinstry as he could be the guy that starts by midseason. Banks had a great spring, too. Williams and Turnage will be solid backups. And nobody knows about summer enrollee yet.

QB: Young had a solid spring and was the starter from the first day. He showed why he was the number 1 player in the country. He got 90% of the first team reps all spring. His favorite receivers were the TEs (Billingsley and Latu), and WRs Baker and Holden. His roommate is Holden so they have a special bond. Young strength showed out in ADAY which is ability to extend plays and instinct. The only concern on Young is size and durability. The coaches are excited about Bryce's future throwing to NFL TEs and future star WRs. Tyson had a solid spring and will be a very good backup this year and will be prepared. He played through a hamstring pull all spring. He finished strong as he graded really high in spring game where he converted 5 third down completions in tight coverage and had no turnovers with big rush. The coaches like that Tyson takes care of the ball, knows offense and can make every throw. Milroe had a good spring but is way behind in starting as QB. He is the best runner by far and great athlete. Milroe could play multiple positions. He had a rough first scrimmage as he was sacked 10 times but the second scrimmage he had two nice runs. He came from a running offense so it will take him awhile to get used to our offense.

OL: The coaches feel very good about a starting 5 but know they have work to do in developing second team. Neal, Ekiyor, Owens, and T Brown will start and, Randolph, Cohen, and George will battle for last spot. But, as season goes on Latham could be in the mix. As of now Randolph is the most consistent one and will play at RT or blocking TE. Seth improved a lot over spring as well as Kight. Brockermeyer and Ferguson have a long ways to go but will get there. Dalcourt is a solid center if needed. Quick has not played for the new coaches but he will be a guard to watch this fall.

WR: As I have been saying, Hall is the best of this years class. Brooks and Leary had good spring too. I wish we could have seen them in ADAY on second team. Metchie, Baker, Holden and Bolden will all play with ones. Xavier had a good spring but finished with some key drops in ADay. Jones-Bell is fastest and they are using K Robinson to get some more speed at WR in situations.

TE: Billingsley and Latu will both be in NFL. Both huge targets for Bryce this year. Look for us to play them at the same time a lot next year. Billingsley can play anywhere and he is a match up nightmare for short defenders.

RB: Brian Robinson will be the starter but others could get more carries. This backfield is loaded with Jase McClellan, Roydell, KRob, Edwards, Sanders, and our stud freshman.... Nobody really knows who is going to be the next guy. Most expect 3 to 4 backs to get 5 to 10 carries per game. One will break out after the first two games. Roydell made the biggest move over spring as he was outside looking in but he is now in the mix

Lol. So the "strength of the defense" is literally every single position on defense except CB? I can play that game too- Miami's defensive strength will be led by the depth at DL, safeties, and CBs.

Allow me to summarize the rest:

"We have the best team money can buy."

Also, in terms of the best defense that NS has ever had? Nah. They said the same thing last year.

They still got lit up by the Fightin' Lane Kiffins and Dan Mullen. You just aren't going to see lockdown defenses for the time being (at least until the rules shift back in the defense's favor). Saban all but said that himself. At least one team will drop 40+ on them next year, the problem is that it may not be enough with their offense. Fortunately they lost a lot of offensive weapons so if there is ever going to be a time where Miami can win a shootout with Bama, this is the year.

Last edited:

RB: Brian Robinson will be the starter but others could get more carries. This backfield is loaded with Jase McClellan, Roydell, KRob, Edwards, Sanders, and our stud freshman.... Nobody really knows who is going to be the next guy. Most expect 3 to 4 backs to get 5 to 10 carries per game. One will break out after the first two games. Roydell made the biggest move over spring as he was outside looking in but he is now in the mix.
Personally I’m not scared of them this year. They are bottom 5 in returning starters. Yea I know they recruit the best but week 1 is the week to beat them when the new guys make mistakes

Advertisement
Heart: Miami 35. Bama 31

Head: Bama 45 Miami 28

Bama is real tough in these early season OOC Power 5 games. Metchie and the Bama backs scare the **** outta me and the defense is loaded with NFL players. Hope we make a good showing.

They haven’t stopped a good offense in two seasons.

We will score.

The key imo is slowing down their very green offense.
Huh? Our offense is decent but let's not kid ourselves. We were 7th in the ACC in total offense a year ago.

We have to hope that the Shoop addition adds some consistency and toughness to the D. Green offense or not, this is still one of the top schools in the country.

Advertisement
Heart: Miami 35. Bama 31

Head: Bama 45 Miami 28

Bama is real tough in these early season OOC Power 5 games. Metchie and the Bama backs scare the **** outta me and the defense is loaded with NFL players. Hope we make a good showing.
The offense has to improve leaps and bounds for me to predict us scoring 28 points.

Their QB's ability to make off-script plays is what worries me. That and how our offense responds to a physical defense.

Huh? Our offense is decent but let's not kid ourselves. We were 7th in the ACC in total offense a year ago.

We have to hope that the Shoop addition adds some consistency and toughness to the D. Green offense or not, this is still one of the top schools in the country.
Most of the poor offensive play was due to #8 and #6 been trash *** ******

We were top 30 in the country in scoring, total offense and passing offense. All with limited extremely limited practice time under a whole new coaching staff, QB and offense.

We were more than just decent.

Last edited:
We were 67th in total offense, should be better if King can bounce back and more seasoned OL. Will we be able to score with Bama? I doubt it but one can hope

Advertisement
Back