Running info on Bama.

Do you think we should put D'Eriq King out there? I've always sort of felt like we make sure King is 120% before sending him out there, ESPECIALLY when its an Alabama team you're facing. Possibility of a 14 game season if we make the ACC title game, we are major underdogs vs Bama so it is what is is, but vs App St/Mich St/we can win those 2 games with TVD/Matocha/Garcia at the QB spot. Then in Game 4 vs the FCS opponent we ease King in there for about 2-3 quarters, see how he responds to live game reps, and if all is well, we unleash him vs UVA the next week in the ACC opener.

My point: I don't think it's a good idea AT ALL to have your star QB coming off a major ACL injury to have his first live game reps post injury vs a supercharged, NCAA Football "create a player" cheat code of a frickin team that could probably win 8 or 9 games in the NFL. If King goes down I think our seasons trajectory changes significantly, although I do think we could win some games. Much better season for us, likely 10 or 11 wins if we get out the Bama game injury free.
I agree with you 100% regarding King.
As a guy that’s had NUMEROUS knee surgeries including 2 full replacements and getting ready to have another one it’s one thing to be running and throwing with a red jersey on it’s another thing to get hit on that knee while running or throwing by 250-260 lb LBers.
Can King be back by August..sure...Can he be ready to get hit on that knee in August...I’m not so sure.

Lashlee better make **** sure he has someone ready to start cause IMO,which I really hope is wrong,There’s no way that knee will be ready to be hit especially by Bama’s animals who you know will be targeting it to get him out the game..

King will want to play but it’s Manny’s and Lashlee’s job to protect him against himself.As someone said above the other possible 13 games in the season are a lot more important than this one.

PS...Bama wouldn’t come close to winning A GAME in the NFL....none the less 8 or 9...

Advertisement
Alabama lost a lot of production on both sides of the ball. I'm sure the guys that move into those vacated positions will be equally as talented. The thing they'll have less of is experience. They may still be the best team in college football, but this is Miami's best case scenario of breaking in a new QB with not much experience in a brand new offense. Hopefully it takes them 2-3 quarters or more to get on track.

On one hand you have perhaps the best team in college football with less experienced personnel going against a less talented more mature and experienced team. It's going to be interesting how it plays out. I just hope it's a competive game.
If there ever a good time to play them it’s this year. On paper they have the talent but not in experience. We are actually the more experienced team. I hope that we have enough of the talent.

Has Saban ever lost a week one game in his career at Bama?

He has 20 nerds breaking down Kings mannerisms as we speak

Those same nerds did the same thing to a ton of QBS who then shredded their D over the last few seasons.

Advertisement
Very interesting post , shows good insight Saban knows this game has every possible intangible and Scenario going his way .
Deep inside there’s a uncomfortable little empty feeling ever so small saying what can happen IF we miss something and he can’t figure it out.

So Sabans over preparation and overwhelming clog of WHAT IF and BAMA slows down by THINKING to an analyzing clog.

BAMA is supposed to have there way but WHAT IF THEY GET SNACKED AND CUT and sees there own blood by a NOBODY that does have surprised TALENT and NOT PHASED .

OVER THINKING SLIWS YOUR GAME.

GOCANES
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth".

Thought I’d start a thread to update Bama stuff heading into our matchup with them Sep 4th.

I plan to clip practice updates etc from their 247 site when I can. Believe they start spring ball later this week.

Very interested to see how Bill o brien does with this new age offense Saban wants him to run as well as how the new QB holds up.
Why bother lol use your time on something else

i'm old jamie lee curtis GIF'm old jamie lee curtis GIF
So is Jobe, isn't he about 28 by now.

Has Saban ever lost a week one game in his career at Bama?

He has 20 nerds breaking down Kings mannerisms as we speak
No.
2020 Missouri W 38-19
2019 Duke W 42-3
2018 Louisville W 51-14
2017 FSU W 24-7
2016 USC W 52-6
2015 Wisconsin W 35-17
2014 West Virginia W 33-23
2013 Virginia Tech W 35-10
2012 Michigan W 41-14
2011 Kent State W 48-7
2010 San Jose State W 48-3
2009 Virginia Tech 34-24
2008 Clemson W 34-10
2007 Western Carolina W 52-6

No streak lasts forever.

Advertisement
No.
2020 Missouri W 38-19
2019 Duke W 42-3
2018 Louisville W 51-14
2017 FSU W 24-7
2016 USC W 52-6
2015 Wisconsin W 35-17
2014 West Virginia W 33-23
2013 Virginia Tech W 35-10
2012 Michigan W 41-14
2011 Kent State W 48-7
2010 San Jose State W 48-3
2009 Virginia Tech 34-24
2008 Clemson W 34-10
2007 Western Carolina W 52-6

No streak lasts forever.

IllustriousPointlessFallowdeer-small.gif

Those same nerds did the same thing to a ton of QBS who then shredded their D over the last few seasons.
Stupid. They are 24-2 last two years. We all hate Sabin but don't twist the reality of what has put together up there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Video is embedded in the link. It’s a free article.

also appears that Agiye hall is stepping up big time this spring. Might be a freshman WR to watch.

DAMMIT; I was waiting for those back shoulders, crossing the middle of the field throws that we’ve become famous for. Oh well.

I suspect Bama will think King will be trying to throw from the pocket most game to allow him more recovery time. I expect UM to require him to do the opposite to play.

king being mobile is priority number 1 if he’s playing vs bama.

I suspect Bama will think King will be trying to throw from the pocket most game to allow him more recovery time. I expect UM to require him to do the opposite to play.

king being mobile is priority number 1 if he’s playing vs bama.
Bama is thinking, "will our third string DL immediately get into the backfield or will it take .5 secs to get there?"

Lets not kid ourselves, right or wrong, Manuela led Hurricane squad isn't causing any sleepless nights for Saban. Watch him rip into his team for "taking the rat poison" if the game is closer than 30 points.

Richt really believed he woulf have Miami at UGA level at this point. Whoops.

Bama is thinking, "will our third string DL immediately get into the backfield or will it take .5 secs to get there?"

Lets not kid ourselves, right or wrong, Manuela led Hurricane squad isn't causing any sleepless nights for Saban. Watch him rip into his team for "taking the rat poison" if the game is closer than 30 points.

Richt really believed he woulf have Miami at UGA level at this point. Whoops.

LOL what is your solution then lol. You are insufferable hahahaha

Advertisement
Back