Running Backs South Florida (All Time)

Don’t sleep on my alma mater Columbus...

Zo Highsmith although he played primarily DE
Mike Reddick
Danyell Ferguson
John Mosure
Darrell Shepard
Jakhari Gore
Lorenzo Woodley
Brandon Radcliffe
Henry Parrish

Probably missing a few more.

Solid players not a lot of legends there but Mosure Ferguson Reddick Parrish were **** good backs.

Underrated group here for sure.

Advertisement
Can't argue with Central on that. Two schools that are definitely in the conversation are Springs and Southridge. It's been kinda dry at that position recently for both places but they both have an impressive list historically. Y'all know about the Davis Bros. & Kevin Smith but that '99-'00 backfield was LOADED. Them cats had about 5000 yards as a unit. Marion "Yam" Jackson, Curtis Cannon, Travis Glasford & Steve Miller. Burners, Bruisers, Slashers, Home Run Threats, they had it all. As far as Springs goes, Freddie Miles, Mitch Greene, the Troy Saunders/Dre McNeal combo in '94, Bookie Shavers(Johnson). Central was fortunate to get Willis, he could've easily been a Bull with Dante Jimerson. Y'all already know where he went first. And although they never played a down for them, Antwain Easterling & Chad Simpson are from the Brown Sub/Gladeview area(Springs Zone)....

Please don't forget about Elvis Paecock from Central! Carol City should also be in this conversation.

Advertisement
Personally the hardest RB hit I ever felt was from Rocky Rumnick Killian high 1974 UM alumni.

He told me before the game he’d nod his head before the play he did .

The collision was of epic proportions we hit head on blew me back and barely BARELY tripped him up for 10 yard gain.

Still feel it

Last edited:
Freddie Miles is the Best HS RB to EVER come outta South Fl....PERIOD....Tony Smith was a Bad Boy as well...Davis Bros were Elite...but none of them were Freddie....He was the #1 Ranked HS RB in the country prior to 1980...Ranked over Bo Jackson...Hershall Walker and Marcus Dupree....Absolutely Electrifying...

Advertisement
KILLIAN:
Bobby Washington
Lamar Miller
Tony Gaiter
Rufus Ferguson

DA WEST:
Melvin Bratton
Torrie Cox
Antwan Easterling
Larry Brinson

Next up...

Willis Mcgahee

https%3A%2F%2Fcaneswarning.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F2017758-willis-mcgahee.jpg-850x560.jpg

Porter and Wilkerson --'92

Believe Wilkerson was slated to start over Eddie George...

Palmetto class of 2001.
That was The Year of The RB in Dade. 4 dudes broke the 2K mark(Gore, Kinsey, Sheppard, Pittman), a gang of cats had 1500-1900+ yards. Every team with a pulse had a running game you had to respect. If your school didn't have a feature back, they likely had a committee. I'm talking 4-6 deep. When I was a Senior in '01, we ended up having to start a QB with a 30 yard "deep ball". As one-dimensional as we were, our RB group ran for around 2300 yds and we went 9-3 and made the playoffs...

Advertisement
Freddie Miles is the Best HS RB to EVER come outta South Fl....PERIOD....Tony Smith was a Bad Boy as well...Davis Bros were Elite...but none of them were Freddie....He was the #1 Ranked HS RB in the country prior to 1980...Ranked over Bo Jackson...Hershall Walker and Marcus Dupree....Absolutely Electrifying...

Any film out there anywher?

Advertisement
Can't argue with Central on that. Two schools that are definitely in the conversation are Springs and Southridge. It's been kinda dry at that position recently for both places but they both have an impressive list historically. Y'all know about the Davis Bros. & Kevin Smith but that '99-'00 backfield was LOADED. Them cats had about 5000 yards as a unit. Marion "Yam" Jackson, Curtis Cannon, Travis Glasford & Steve Miller. Burners, Bruisers, Slashers, Home Run Threats, they had it all. As far as Springs goes, Freddie Miles, Mitch Greene, the Troy Saunders/Dre McNeal combo in '94, Bookie Shavers(Johnson). Central was fortunate to get Willis, he could've easily been a Bull with Dante Jimerson. Y'all already know where he went first. And although they never played a down for them, Antwain Easterling & Chad Simpson are from the Brown Sub/Gladeview area(Springs Zone)....
Mitch Green was such a baller.....

Advertisement
Back