Running Backs South Florida (All Time)

Advertisement
There was a kid Corey Kinsey thta put up alot of yards one year i believe he was down south

Palmetto class of 01.’ We graduated and had several classes together. I was cool with his older brother. Corey broke my ankles in PE where I still haven’t fully recovered from. Kid was short but built strong.

Slip Watkins was an Aquinas kid around the same time as Tony Sands, and he was fast! Went to LSU. Side note, senior year we took a field trip to the Broward courthouse and they took us in court and also through one of the floors of the jail. Rod Baker was in there then (87 or 88). Man that dude was huge. One of my friends is probably still scarred from getting propositioned by Baker.

Advertisement
No way in **** a 5-10 185 running thru anybody from the weightlifting generations.
I never found out personally if he could run through me. I spent most of my time chasing him. That cat could go. I did observe him running over and through people though too. I'm telling you, this dude was the real deal. He, Rhymes (MNW), Lawrence (Palmetto) and Smith (Southridge) all had outstanding seasons in '79. There were some other great backs that year too, but statistically these were the top four if memory serves me right. Smith was a junior. The others were seniors. The U was so close to getting Miles. Miles was by far the best, but Rhymes was one of the most God-given athletes I've ever played with/against. All everything in basketball too.

I have to agree with you on Freddie Miles, that dude was the ****. I also say Frank Gore was also a beast at Coral Gables High.

I have said this for many years, on this board and elsewhere. Anyone who picks someone other than Freddie Miles is woefully misinformed.

I never found out personally if he could run through me. I spent most of my time chasing him. That cat could go. I did observe him running over and through people though too. I'm telling you, this dude was the real deal. He, Rhymes (MNW), Lawrence (Palmetto) and Smith (Southridge) all had outstanding seasons in '79. There were some other great backs that year too, but statistically these were the top four if memory serves me right. Smith was a junior. The others were seniors. The U was so close to getting Miles. Miles was by far the best, but Rhymes was one of the most God-given athletes I've ever played with/against. All everything in basketball too.

UM did get Freddie. Until he was caught stealing a stereo from one of the dorms his first couple weeks on campus. Howard kicked him off the team, and his downfall started there.

UM did get Freddie. Until he was caught stealing a stereo from one of the dorms his first couple weeks on campus. Howard kicked him off the team, and his downfall started there.
I don't want to trash my man. Let's just say he had some "academic issues". I know he did sign with Howard. We'll just end the story there for now. ✌

Advertisement
Whe
[/QUOT
Did Miles go to school?

I know @Liberty City El mentioned him with the Miami Central group. But Travaris Cadet played qb at Central. He was a qb during the run they had from like 2002-2007 or 08 where all of their qbs signed div 1. Which was a pretty good run for miami dade qbs at a high school. He went to APP STATE, then played 7+years in the nfl at rb

Didn't Central have a RB named Gainer? Played CB at UL

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't want to trash my man. Let's just say he had some "academic issues". I know he did sign with Howard. We'll just end the story there for now. ✌
This is true, that cat was my mom's #1 cautionary tale about putting all your eggs into football and none into academics. They grew up together and she saw first-hand how his life turned out...

Advertisement
Back