Running Backs South Florida (All Time)

Advertisement
No way in **** a 5-10 185 running thru anybody from the weightlifting generations.
The weightlifting generations??...Lol....you think they weren't lifting weights in 1980??
UMs all-time Bench record was set by Tony Fitzpatrick in 1981 at 6'0 240....Keep thinking Miles couldn't run through people...
Frank Gore was 5'9 190 in HS...and could run right through your *** if need be...

Last edited:
Advertisement
The weightlifting generations??...Lol....you think they weren't lifting weights in 1980??
UMs all-time Bench record was set by Tony Fitzpatrick in 1981 at 6'0 240....Keep thinking Miles couldn't run through people...
Frank Gore was 5'9 190 in HS...and could run right through your *** if need be...
I know they weren’t like they do now or have thru years.

Truth ☝️

I know they weren’t like they do now or have thru years.
it was definitely different then, but maybe not as much as people think. Today's weight rooms definitely look a lot more glorious. Everybody's got to keep up with the Jones. I remember going into our football weight room in the early 80s thinking it was decent. looking back, there are now high schools that have nicer looking weight rooms than we had1 then. Back then you did a lot more basic lifting and then stuff in the sand pits, etc. then it got away from that for a little while. Funny thing is, now many of the so-called great strength coaches actually have gone back to some of that basic indoor and outdoor training that we all used to do in the 70s/early 80s
I will say this: most athletes today know a whole lot more about nutrition than we did back then. If we wanted extra protein, a lot of times it was just raw eggs and stuff like that. today there's literally hundreds of choices of protein you can get. Back then you could get it but it was pretty basic. There were definitely some strong *** dudes back then

Advertisement
it was definitely different then, but maybe not as much as people think. Today's weight rooms definitely look a lot more glorious. Everybody's got to keep up with the Jones. I remember going into our football weight room in the early 80s thinking it was decent. looking back, there are now high schools that have nicer looking weight rooms than we had1 then. Back then you did a lot more basic lifting and then stuff in the sand pits, etc. then it got away from that for a little while. Funny thing is, now many of the so-called great strength coaches actually have gone back to some of that basic indoor and outdoor training that we all used to do in the 70s/early 80s
I will say this: most athletes today know a whole lot more about nutrition than we did back then. If we wanted extra protein, a lot of times it was just raw eggs and stuff like that. today there's literally hundreds of choices of protein you can get. Back then you could get it but it was pretty basic. There were definitely some strong *** dudes back then
Lol....Most of our Weightlifting/Strength Records were from the Early 80s...Complete Absurdity to think Freddie at 5'10 185 couldn't run through a DB or LBer in HS...

Ray Ganong was no joke as a Strength & Conditioning Coach back in the day....Best of the Best.....just because our Weightlifting room resembled a HS WL room, doesn't mean Iron wasn't getting thrown up...this is an actual Picture of UMs Weightlifting room in 1981...(That's Ganong in Orange shorts)
FB_IMG_1527337041525.jpg

Miami Jackson is another school that should be mentioned...

They had a lot old school RB's that was before I was even alive, but one of my relatives who went to Jackson back in the day always used to tell me they had multiple dudes make the league that played during the 70's era like Mike Strachan, Joe McCall, Kenny Johnson & in the 90's they had Jeamillio Lewis (who was a beast) & in the 00's they had Stefan Logan.
Is that the same “Do It All” Joe McCall that played with Dan Marino at Pitt?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol....Most of our Weightlifting/Strength Records were from the Early 80s...Complete Absurdity to think Freddie at 5'10 185 couldn't run through a DB or LBer in HS...
The average High school linebacker is only around 185-190lbs anyway. Even in today’s game. We see these superstar recruits who are 225-230 in high school but 95% of the kids aren’t built like those beasts.

The coaching talent level we used to have across the board was otherworldly.
Butch knew his weaknesses...So he surrounded himself with a Grade A staff....just like JJ did....Bobby Bowden did the same thing with Brad Scott/Richt and Micky Andrews....You're Nothing as a HC without a quality staff...regardless of anything else...

Advertisement
Back