Running Backs South Florida (All Time)

Next up...

Willis Mcgahee

https%3A%2F%2Fcaneswarning.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F2017758-willis-mcgahee.jpg-850x560.jpg

Alot of people forget how good he actually was pre injury. If it wasn’t for his injuries he’s probably a HOFer.

Advertisement
Miami Central definitely has it if we’re going within the last decade. But if we extend it, Ely high has it. James Jones/ Dou Innocent/ Rod Baker/Zach Crockett/ Tyrone Moss every one of them was an All-American

SEE THIS IS WHY I STARTED THIS....

I didnt even have schools like columbus or ely on my initial list. But that Ely group is pretty good.

Miami Jackson is another school that should be mentioned...

They had a lot old school RB's that was before I was even alive, but one of my relatives who went to Jackson back in the day always used to tell me they had multiple dudes make the league that played during the 70's era like Mike Strachan, Joe McCall, Kenny Johnson & in the 90's they had Jeamillio Lewis (who was a beast) & in the 00's they had Stefan Logan.

don't forget joe brodsky at jackson!

can't fight you on Central.

although, since freddie miles went to springs, i'm thinking he could win it for them all by himself :cool:

Chaminade while not at the top has produced some guys over the years.

Thad Franklin
Shaun Shivers (Auburn)
Myles Graham (Indiana)
Alex Broomfield (Very underrated)
Jerry Seymour (Yes I know he graduated from Pace but he was unreal at chaminade)

Who was the duo that STA had in the early 90s? Keith Wilkerson and what was the other dude's name? They were some baaaaad dudes back in the day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who was the duo that STA had in the early 90s? Keith Wilkerson and what was the other dude's name? They were some baaaaad dudes back in the day.

Darrel Porter went to BC and played in the league for 10 years as a DB. Also had Shaun Sands who was pretty **** good too

@RattlerCane. Chad Simpson ended up at USF and kinda flamed out, what happened to him? He had some wiggle and wheels.

Two best I played with and against over the years: Miles at Springs and Rhymes at MNW. As good as Rhymes was, and he was **** good, no one was better than Miles. All time top 2 may be Miles then Gore with a ton of dudes battling for the 3 spot.
Overall all time as a group, Central.

Yea Chad was the rb and my lil homie was the qb for that Edison group. I think they went 3rd round in playoffs.

Southridge had some heat in them days foreal...always was a scary team down south...they rose and won state few years back but fell back off again. I just made a post about southridge and whats going on down south. **** down south had some running backs then with the ridge kids, Bobby Washington at Killian, South dade rb that came here and played.
Chris Paul-Etienne. Dude had a cannon.

Advertisement
Darrel Porter went to BC and played in the league for 10 years as a DB. Also had Shaun Sands who was pretty **** good too

@RattlerCane. Chad Simpson ended up at USF and kinda flamed out, what happened to him? He had some wiggle and wheels.

Tony Sands. Who i believe is Michael Irvin's nephew. He trains guys now...and his son went to sta and played at Kansas at rb

Advertisement
Tony Sands. Who i believe is Michael Irvin's nephew. He trains guys now...and his son went to sta and played at Kansas at rb

that was Shaun who was #5 in that backfield. The 3rd RB. Wilkerson was #3 and Porter #2. They both graduated in 93, sands was 94.
Wilkerson was the best return man I ever seen and Greg golden at sta a few years later was a close 2nd. Keith was just a bozo and ruined what could’ve been a great life for himself.

Can't argue with Central on that. Two schools that are definitely in the conversation are Springs and Southridge. It's been kinda dry at that position recently for both places but they both have an impressive list historically. Y'all know about the Davis Bros. & Kevin Smith but that '99-'00 backfield was LOADED. Them cats had about 5000 yards as a unit. Marion "Yam" Jackson, Curtis Cannon, Travis Glasford & Steve Miller. Burners, Bruisers, Slashers, Home Run Threats, they had it all. As far as Springs goes, Freddie Miles, Mitch Greene, the Troy Saunders/Dre McNeal combo in '94, Bookie Shavers(Johnson). Central was fortunate to get Willis, he could've easily been a Bull with Dante Jimerson. Y'all already know where he went first. And although they never played a down for them, Antwain Easterling & Chad Simpson are from the Brown Sub/Gladeview area(Springs Zone)....
Marion Jackson was at Columbus my freshman year. Did he play at Youngstown?

Advertisement
Back