Running Backs South Florida (All Time)

Darrel Porter went to BC and played in the league for 10 years as a DB. Also had Shaun Sands who was pretty **** good too

@RattlerCane. Chad Simpson ended up at USF and kinda flamed out, what happened to him? He had some wiggle and wheels.
He wound up transferring to Morgan State. He'll be in their athletic HOF and he played for the Colts & Skins for a few seasons.

Advertisement
Marion Jackson was at Columbus my freshman year. Did he play at Youngstown?
Nah, if I'm not mistaken he verbally committed to Georgia but he wound up at FAMU. If I'm not mistaken, it was a test score issue that kept him from being a dawg. Didn't play a down in college. That was when our football program started to nosedive for years. My first two years in college, you'd see so many Nike Dade-Broward Game jerseys walking around campus. Nearly as many as you would across town. Problem was nearly all of ours weren't suiting up for the school on Saturdays...

As you know, he was super close to being a Cane. The rest of the story is unfortunate
Adults failed Freddie miserably...and Freddie in turn failed himself....The Late Joe Brodsky who coached RBs at UM and the Cowboys (when Emmitt was there) said on multiple occasions, that Freddie was the best RB (regardless of age...HS...CFB...or NFL) that he ever saw....Don Soldinger till this day will tell you the same.

Advertisement
As you know, he was super close to being a Cane. The rest of the story is unfortunate
For those of us that don't know what happened to him? I grew up on the West side of the state, but this thread has been pure gold, especially the highlights of Najeh and Willis

Any highlights of people like Mel Bratton, Zo, Leonard Conley, or any of our other great RBs from 80s + 90s out there?

Adults failed Freddie miserably...and Freddie in turn failed himself....The Late Joe Brodsky who coached RBs at UM and the Cowboys (when Emmitt was there) said on multiple occasions, that Freddie was the best RB (regardless of age...HS...CFB...or NFL) that he ever saw....Don Soldinger till this day will tell you the same.
💯

Another Central Legend coming up..

I remember @DMoney was all over this kid. Freakish talent. Wouldve loved to have gotten him he would of gave us 2+ wins a year in his college years.

I know @Liberty City El mentioned him with the Miami Central group. But Travaris Cadet played qb at Central. He was a qb during the run they had from like 2002-2007 or 08 where all of their qbs signed div 1. Which was a pretty good run for miami dade qbs at a high school. He went to APP STATE, then played 7+years in the nfl at rb

Advertisement
Freddie Miles is the Best HS RB to EVER come outta South Fl....PERIOD....Tony Smith was a Bad Boy as well...Davis Bros were Elite...but none of them were Freddie....He was the #1 Ranked HS RB in the country prior to 1980...Ranked over Bo Jackson...Hershall Walker and Marcus Dupree....Absolutely Electrifying...
I have to agree with you on Freddie Miles, that dude was the ****. I also say Frank Gore was also a beast at Coral Gables High.

Ely in Pompano Beach had some great ones, namely Tyrone Moss and James Jones but their best was Rod Baker. Unfortunately Rod Baker was a criminal and was one nasty individual.

Advertisement
Ely in Pompano Beach had some great ones, namely Tyrone Moss and James Jones but their best was Rod Baker. Unfortunately Rod Baker was a criminal and was one nasty individual.

You had to be a really good player to be ahead of those names. James Jones was a freak, that could run through you or around you. Tyrone before the knee injury was well on his way and Baker is still the guy everyone speaks the most about. Missouri loved him so much they bonded him out the first time he got caught robbing gas stations

Yup, my alma mater, Killian, should be near the top.

You forgot Killian's best back of them all. It's understandable because he made his biggest name at safety and transferred to Gulliver.

Killian High product Sean Taylor.

Besides that, almost all of Southridge's backs would have gone to Killian before Southridge started stealing our players in ~77.

KILLIAN:
Bobby Washington
Lamar Miller
Tony Gaiter
Rufus Ferguson

Advertisement
My freshman year of high school, we played Nova high school who normally isn't much of a football program but at the time they had Khalid Abdullah (who went on to play FB at FSU) and Autry Denson who I believe is still Notre Dame's all time leading rusher. That was a pretty strong backfield. They didn't attempt a single pass.

My freshman year of high school, we played Nova high school who normally isn't much of a football program but at the time they had Khalid Abdullah (who went on to play FB at FSU) and Autry Denson who I believe is still Notre Dame's all time leading rusher. That was a pretty strong backfield. They didn't attempt a single pass.

i think Autry Denson is an fbs head coach now

Advertisement
Back