"Run it back"

Diaz’ next step is to learn how to step back and have a more business-like approach with the players. He's been pretty decent about that with the staff. Baker not getting fired is probably the weakest he's been on that end. As far as players, don't put in the work, don't perform on the field, then you don't play. ***** up, within reason, then you're pulled. As long as there's consistency, kids will just know that going in. Don't make it personal, just something that's understood, from mat drills on through the season.

Advertisement
Except Chaney, Knighton, JHH, Zion (last year), couch, Flagg, X, Harvey, cam Williams, chantz, and the guys that got more burn late in the season like dunson and TAC.

But don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative.
Context is everything. How many of those Defensive players got burn because of injury or covid?

It was a given Knighton and Chaney were going to play because of terrible depth. That’s your argument?

Believe what you want but I know for a fact Diaz and his friends play favorites and have played favorites since they arrived in 2016.

Alabama
App State
Michigan
CCSU
@UNC
@FSU
@Duke
@Pittsburgh
N.C. State
UVA
GT
VT

-So we return like 18 of 21 starters off a team that went 8-3(7-2).

-The entire board has already conceded the Alabama game.

What is the expectation for record?

-UNC will return Howell, their OL, and their defense will be better.

-Pittsburgh returns a good amount of their offense, loses a good amount on defense.

-N.C. State gets QB Devin Leary back from injury, and they should be better.

-UVA Returns most of offense including QB Brennan Armstrong. They are well coached, never an easy out.

App State and Michigan State are not gimmie non conference games.

I think the key is King’s health.

If he is close to 100% we should go at least 10-2.

Funny how many years we’ll be nervous about playing uva because they’re vastly better coached before we just go and get that guy.

We won’t though because his names Bronco, and wouldn’t be a “fit” and we’ll consider Charlie Strong or the next hot Cuban assistant.

Advertisement
we need to retire the #RunItBack slogan. We don't want to run back the team that finished 22nd.

I don't understand this take. Anyone that has played sports would want to run it back after they failed to meet their own expectations. It makes less sense to "run it back" after you win a championship for example - you did what you set out to accomplish, now you move on to bigger and better things.

We always complained about players leaving early and now seemingly everyone is staying, and you guys complain about a freaking slogan...

I'm happy our seniors came back. Age is important. They're all good program guys with physical and mental maturity. The '21 team got better.

But now that it's done, we need to retire the #RunItBack slogan. We don't want to run back the team that finished 22nd. The standards are higher. It's finally time for true competition.

This is an unprecedented offseason. COVID kept our seniors back. We didn't have juniors leave prematurely. We added three starter-quality transfers (and counting). The freshman class is loaded and will have a normal summer. Add it all up, and this is the deepest Miami team in years. There is no excuse to play guys who aren't preparing or performing like Miami players.

Manny was too loose with his standards in '19. He was desperate for talent and didn't hold guys accountable. 2020 felt like a rehab project. This year, he needs to be ruthless, even if it means a senior losing his job or a talented player getting disciplined. There should be no compromising the Miami standard.
You hit the nail on the head Dmoney! Hopefully @SFbayCane @305to954 and @Hoyacane1620 read your post because I posted basically the same exact thing and got downvoted for it. Lmao

Is “Run It Back” this years “The New Miami”? I love these slogans & way the staff strategically uses the offseason & social media to paint their picture. True salesmen, love fake business. Timmy D would be proud.

Advertisement
I think they will. Personally, I'm fired up. This is a good thing and a welcome change. All I'm saying is that the 2021 team is a new team. Time to let the cream rise to the top.
I think for the first time in forever we have requisite talent and depth along with experience. The experience factor is key because for the most part it’s not 18/19 year olds who will be in trenched in camp battles. It’s guys going into their 2nd and 3rd years. I agree and stated before this should be the most competitive spring/fall camp in at least a decade going back to 2009. And it’s really across the board.

I disagree about the fact things are back to normal tho. The Covid situation is still a obstacle that has to be navigated at least for winter workouts. Hopefully by spring it’s close to a normal environment

Manny being ruthless? Not in his gene pool.

From a physical standpoint, I think “age” is more beneficial for the OL and DL. Overall, I think it’s overrated especially for other positions. You don’t need a team full of seniors to win in this day an age. Play the best man.

Unfortunately, with a staff that plays favorites, age could back fire. 2020 showed the Ivey’s, Wiggins, McCloud’s, Carter’s and Jennings of the world were favored by coaches. I get the feeling Diaz prioritizes being liked by players rather than respected; therefore, the staff is consistently not playing younger players.

Let me help you out. You don’t want to say “not in his gene pool“. That’s a malapropism. You should say “not in his genome”. Or just say not in his genetic make up. Better yet, just say “not in his character“. That’s actually what you’re trying to say.

Advertisement
Did McCloud come back to try and play DE? If he starts at LB we already know what time it is.

Advertisement
Diaz has struggled to beat average teams and gets slaughtered by the better ones. He is going to open the season by getting slaughtered again.

He’s not making up ground on his two biggest obstacles to a Coastal and ACC title, UNC and Clemson. King will be a shell of himself next year and the OL is still weak, just for starters.

How many coaches in a row now have we all held

Advertisement
Back