"Run it back"

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I'm happy our seniors came back. Age is important. They're all good program guys with physical and mental maturity. The '21 team got better.

But now that it's done, we need to retire the #RunItBack slogan. We don't want to run back the team that finished 22nd. The standards are higher. It's finally time for true competition.

This is an unprecedented offseason. COVID kept our seniors back. We didn't have juniors leave prematurely. We added three starter-quality transfers (and counting). The freshman class is loaded and will have a normal summer. Add it all up, and this is the deepest Miami team in years. There is no excuse to play guys who aren't preparing or performing like Miami players.

Manny was too loose with his standards in '19. He was desperate for talent and didn't hold guys accountable. 2020 felt like a rehab project. This year, he needs to be ruthless, even if it means a senior losing his job or a talented player getting disciplined. There should be no compromising the Miami standard.

Advertisement
You Got It Yes GIF by NickRewind

I'm happy our seniors came back. Age is important. They're all good program guys with physical and mental maturity. The '21 team got better.

But now that it's done, we need to retire the #RunItBack slogan. We don't want to run back the team that finished 22nd. The standards are higher. It's finally time for true competition.

This is an unprecedented offseason. COVID kept our seniors back. We didn't have juniors leave prematurely. We added three starter-quality transfers (and counting). The freshman class is loaded and will have a normal summer. Add it all up, and this is the deepest Miami team in years. There is no excuse to play guys who aren't preparing or performing like Miami players.

Manny was too loose with his standards in '19. He was desperate for talent and didn't hold guys accountable. 2020 felt like a rehab project. This year, he needs to be ruthless, even if it means a senior losing his job. There should be no compromising the Miami standard.

Yeah his probationary period is over. It’s either put up or shut up time. Act like a boss.

Advertisement

Manny was too loose with his standards in '19. He was desperate for talent and didn't hold guys accountable. 2020 felt like a rehab project. This year, he needs to be ruthless, even if it means a senior losing his job. There should be no compromising the Miami standard.
Well stated D$ I couldn’t agree more. How’s the time to truly allow the most talented to rise to the top, and secure starters roles. The JR and Sr that came back offer very good backup and depth roles. It’s truly time to see what we have across the classes on this team and start the best who can secure the only thing that will keep Manny employed - wins.

Advertisement

Run It Back to them just means they basically coming back to play again that's all. Yes they want to win and by coming back they're showing they're buying in. Veteran teams usually are solid teams I don't see us going backwards having more upperclassmen in the team is nothing but a positive. As fans we should'nt try to take a dump on the players if they want to have a slogan that they're coming back. They're the ones busting there *** with school and football. I usually agree with your post but this one is a tad off just my opinion. I think you're leaving out a lot of positives to run it back because year after year guys weren't coming back and that hurt them and the team.

Last edited:
This is just another corny off season tactic to draw hype to the program and keep the players locked in

But we’re Miami and don’t do that corny ****. Go to work, play the best players, and Win football games against good teams

Talk to me when your 12-0 not 6-7 and 8-3

Run It Back to them just means they basically coming back to play again that's all. Yes they want to win and by coming back they're showing they're buying in. Veteran teams usually are solid teams I don't see us going backwards having more upperclassmen in the team is nothing but a positive. As fans we should'nt try to take a dump on the players if they want to a slogan that they're coming back. They're the ones busting there *** with school and football. Is usually agree with your post but this one is a tad off just my opinion. I think you're leaving out a lot of positives to run it back because year after year guys weren't coming back and that hurt them and the team.
I'm not mad about the slogan. It's January, let the players get hyped. It's really more about the coaches. They need to shift gears and convey the message that it's time for competition.

And that doesn't necessarily mean starting all the young players. Every coach in America loves experience. I'm just saying we need to make clear that every spot outside King is truly up for grabs.

Advertisement
I think Manny knows he has no other choice this yr. I 100% guarantee he knew no matter what happened last season, he wasn't getting fired. "Covid" was going to be an excuse for a tough season no matter what our record would have been. Him taking back over the D for this upcoming season is a very risky but accountable move to make and I think he's trying to prove to the masses that he's capable. This is just my optimistic outlook on it.

Advertisement
I'm not mad about the slogan. It's January, let the players get hyped. It's really more about the coaches. This needs to be the most competitive summer in years.

And that doesn't necessarily mean starting all the young players. Every coach in America loves experience. I'm just saying we need to make clear that every spot outside King is truly up for grabs.
At least we know TRob is going to bring that type of competitive energy.

I'm not mad about the slogan. It's January, let the players get hyped. It's really more about the coaches. This needs to be the most competitive summer in years.

And letting the best players start doesn't mean playing all the young players. Every coach in America loves experience. I'm just saying we need to make clear that every spot outside King is truly up for grabs.

As we add superior talent the competition levels will increase do you really think coaches like Simpson and Robinson aren't going to push this staff and players level of competition??? I'm pretty sure this will be the most competitive team and summer we've seen in decades.

Last edited:
As we add superior talent the competition levels will increase do you really think coaches like Simpsin and Robinson aren't going to push this staff and players level of competition??? I'm pretty sure this will be the most competitive team and summer we've seen in decades.
I think they will. Personally, I'm fired up. This is a good thing and a welcome change. All I'm saying is that the 2021 team is a new team. Time to let the cream rise to the top.

Advertisement
Back