"Run it back"

SndYeah his probationary period is over. It’s either put up or shut up time. Act like a boss lol
I concur with this post and @DMoney a little boldness wouldn’t hurt here on this team.
I’ve been harping on this and have accumulated a world record of down votes for it.

I’m not the smartest person I don’t know want that at all and most here will 👍 vote me on this .

I have a little common sense and a sprinkling of wisdom though and zero pride but LOADS of Passion a very good but to many a strange BREW

Advertisement
I'm happy our seniors came back. Age is important. They're all good program guys with physical and mental maturity. The '21 team got better.

But now that it's done, we need to retire the #RunItBack slogan. We don't want to run back the team that finished 22nd. The standards are higher. It's finally time for true competition.

This is an unprecedented offseason. COVID kept our seniors back. We didn't have juniors leave prematurely. We added three starter-quality transfers (and counting). The freshman class is loaded and will have a normal summer. Add it all up, and this is the deepest Miami team in years. There is no excuse to play guys who aren't preparing or performing like Miami players.

Manny was too loose with his standards in '19. He was desperate for talent and didn't hold guys accountable. 2020 felt like a rehab project. This year, he needs to be ruthless, even if it means a senior losing his job or a talented player getting disciplined. There should be no compromising the Miami standard.
100% agreed. We needed the culture change of our best players staying that extra year or two. Having senior leadership and experience can make a huge deference. I am all for starters like Gaynor, Williams and Harris returning. However, we have to ensure that they are challenged and If a better option presents itself we must play the best players.

I love these lofty expectations. Yes, our team is deeper than decades ago. So is every other team on the schedule. 8 wins.

I thought “Run it Back” meant that for the first time in years we would run a kick back for a touchdown. Who knew it mean play 2020 again...
97% of kick off returns don't get to the 25 yard line. 61% of those have a flag thrown. Take the free 25 yard line is always the best option

Advertisement
Manny ain’t changing ****. He’s the king of gimmick ****. Get rid of the chain, the rings and the BS... Learn to develop kids and coach them to a high level instead of a bullshyt slogan for players who wouldn’t even get drafted..

Manny being ruthless? Not in his gene pool.

From a physical standpoint, I think “age” is more beneficial for the OL and DL. Overall, I think it’s overrated especially for other positions. You don’t need a team full of seniors to win in this day an age. Play the best man.

Unfortunately, with a staff that plays favorites, age could back fire. 2020 showed the Ivey’s, Wiggins, McCloud’s, Carter’s and Jennings of the world were favored by coaches. I get the feeling Diaz prioritizes being liked by players rather than respected; therefore, the staff is consistently not playing younger players.

Advertisement
honey badger image GIF

I'm happy our seniors came back. Age is important. They're all good program guys with physical and mental maturity. The '21 team got better.

But now that it's done, we need to retire the #RunItBack slogan. We don't want to run back the team that finished 22nd. The standards are higher. It's finally time for true competition.

This is an unprecedented offseason. COVID kept our seniors back. We didn't have juniors leave prematurely. We added three starter-quality transfers (and counting). The freshman class is loaded and will have a normal summer. Add it all up, and this is the deepest Miami team in years. There is no excuse to play guys who aren't preparing or performing like Miami players.

Manny was too loose with his standards in '19. He was desperate for talent and didn't hold guys accountable. 2020 felt like a rehab project. This year, he needs to be ruthless, even if it means a senior losing his job or a talented player getting disciplined. There should be no compromising the Miami standard.
While I understand what your saying, your last sentence is confusing. The "Miami Standard" for the last 15yrs hasn't been anywhere near ruthless and accountable. Manny didn't set that standard either when he became head coach and there is 0 reason to believe he will start now.

Alabama
App State
Michigan
CCSU
@UNC
@FSU
@Duke
@Pittsburgh
N.C. State
UVA
GT
VT

-So we return like 18 of 21 starters off a team that went 8-3(7-2).

-The entire board has already conceded the Alabama game.

What is the expectation for record?

-UNC will return Howell, their OL, and their defense will be better.

-Pittsburgh returns a good amount of their offense, loses a good amount on defense.

-N.C. State gets QB Devin Leary back from injury, and they should be better.

-UVA Returns most of offense including QB Brennan Armstrong. They are well coached, never an easy out.

App State and Michigan State are not gimmie non conference games.

I think the key is King’s health.

If he is close to 100% we should go at least 10-2.

Manny being ruthless? Not in his gene pool.

From a physical standpoint, I think “age” is more beneficial for the OL and DL. Overall, I think it’s overrated especially for other positions. You don’t need a team full of seniors to win in this day an age. Play the best man.

Unfortunately, with a staff that plays favorites, age could back fire. 2020 showed the Ivey’s, Wiggins, McCloud’s, Carter’s and Jennings of the world were favored by coaches. I get the feeling Diaz prioritizes being liked by players rather than respected; therefore, the staff is consistently not playing younger players.
Except Chaney, Knighton, JHH, Zion (last year), couch, Flagg, X, Harvey, cam Williams, chantz, and the guys that got more burn late in the season like dunson and TAC.

But don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Advertisement
Alabama
App State
Michigan
CCSU
@UNC
@FSU
@Duke
@Pittsburgh
N.C. State
UVA
GT
VT

-So we return like 18 of 21 starters off a team that went 8-3(7-2).

-The entire board has already conceded the Alabama game.

What is the expectation for record?

-UNC will return Howell, their OL, and their defense will be better.

-Pittsburgh returns a good amount of their offense, loses a good amount on defense.

-N.C. State gets QB Devin Leary back from injury, and they should be better.

-UVA Returns most of offense including QB Brennan Armstrong. They are well coached, never an easy out.

App State and Michigan State are not gimmie non conference games.

I think the key is King’s health.

If he is close to 100% we should go at least 10-2.
Do not like the four away games in a row. A couple of years ago we had four out of five games away and that did not turn out so well.

So what would be a successful upcoming season in your eyes?? IMO if we don't win the Coastal it's a bust.

Baker and Patke are running it back!

sorry had to... I’ll stop now

Advertisement

My friend, you’re right. But if you’re expecting 2021 to be any different in the babying players, plying favorites, lack of accountability, etc, you’re a fool. These tweet edits confirm it. I’m sure Mandy is pushing these tweet edits - that’s consistent with his MO...all style over substance. Big on the PR campaign, not so much on the product. This is consistent with the chain coming back, etc. unless something in mandy’s style changes drastically, this is what it is - and 8-4/9-3 team.

My friend, you’re right. But if you’re expecting 2021 to be any different in the babying players, plying favorites, lack of accountability, etc, you’re a fool. These tweet edits confirm it. I’m sure Mandy is pushing these tweet edits - that’s consistent with his MO...all style over substance. Big on the PR campaign, not so much on the product. This is consistent with the chain coming back, etc. unless something in mandy’s style changes drastically, this is what it is - and 8-4/9-3 team.
100000%.

Nailed it.

Except Chaney, Knighton, JHH, Zion (last year), couch, Flagg, X, Harvey, cam Williams, chantz, and the guys that got more burn late in the season like dunson and TAC.

But don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative.
Manny absolutely favors the older players, it's not debatable

Advertisement
Back