Rumph's big test will be next cycle

Cuban-Cane

Recruit
This is a very down year for corners in South Florida. All major corner prospects in the area are either too slow or too stiff and will likely end up at safety. However, next year is a completely different story. South Florida will once again be home to two the best corner prospects in the nation. The difference is that this year there is no DJ Ivey yet. No Al blades. No Frierson or Jobe. That class was ridiculously deep and it allowed room for some misses. Its not a very deep class at the position which means Rumph has got to land these studs. I think this should be the biggest test of his career and his job should depend on it because as good a coach as he is, recruiting 3 stars and trying to turn them into monsters will catch up to him eventually.

This kid out of Lehigh Acres also looks good:

Advertisement
This is a very down year for corners in South Florida. All major corner prospects in the area are either too slow or too stiff and will likely end up at safety. However, next year is a completely different story. South Florida will once again be home to two the best corner prospects in the nation. The difference is that this year there is no DJ Ivey yet. No Al blades. No Frierson or Jobe. That class was ridiculously deep and it allowed room for some misses. Its not a very deep class at the position which means Rumph has got to land these studs. I think this should be the biggest test of his career and his job should depend on it because as good a coach as he is, recruiting 3 stars and trying to turn them into monsters will catch up to him eventually.

I appreciate what you are saying, but we have seen this story before and we know how it ends. Frankly, if you were one of Marshall or Collier, would you come here or would you go to Bama/OSU/Clemson/LSU? Ignoring bags, all of those schools have been churning out top 2-3 round draft picks while Miami guys are underdeveloped, undervalued, and underpaid in their first contract.

Advertisement
Why? who cares about the ranks. We were all excited about T.Howard and what happened? Just give me a coach that develops players. You dont have to recruit when you produce players. Example if LSU or Bama DC want you, you come because they produce. They do not spend time and money in recruiting you at LSU for DB.

Advertisement
Torrie Cox jr has looked good too..not sure what grade he is in though. He may be 2021

Advertisement

Who cares about this ****, we havent even gotten a chance to see te'cory couch or williams become starters yet and Blades, ivey and hall are only in their 2nd years, so WTF are you bringing this up. You bringing this up like last year dont count, the #1 pass defense in the nation. Do you even know UM football, top notch safeties is what we're known for putting out, top notch cb's, not to many that went to the league and balled out. The ones who balled out while at UM most didnt do so well in the league. So this topic is irrelevant, coach rumph belongs here at UM and is doing an excellent job, the guys he coach will consistently do better here and in the nfl the longer he's here. Did you not see the stat where Blades is ranked among db's when it comes to passes being completed against him!

Advertisement

Literally zero chance on Marshall or Collier. Pipe dreams.

Dont think so. They are aware of him though.
That and a nickel will get me a piece of gum. Diaz's lackadaisical approach to recruiting and offers is absolutely infuriating. It may not make a difference and is often just an excuse, but do we really need to give ammo to the narrative that "Miami did not offer early enough"? The guy is the southern end of a north facing horse.

Advertisement
Back