Rumph's big test will be next cycle

So you're saying we gotta depend on rumph to land some 4-5 star local DBs?

giphy.gif

he’s helped land 7 4 star corners in the last 3 classes with all but 1 (Christian Williams) coming from south Florida but continue lol. Either way this db crop isn’t that good in Florida this year so I’m not expecting that this year. I mean there’s a few good dbs but yeah..

Last edited:
Advertisement
The reason kids dont come here when they are from soflo is because this great miami we on this board have love and know they have never seen. These 2021 have never seen miami be relevant what so ever. Then u add the factor that if they are good enough the top schools in the nation will pay them our whole recruiting budget. That's the end all be all

The criticism that Rumph and Banda get is absurd.

-No position group on the roster has more 4 stars than DB (10).
-We brought in 6 consensus 4 stars last year, 3 of which were DBs. 3 of our 4 ESPN300 players last year were DBs. Probably our biggest recruiting win last year was Rumph bringing in Christian Williams.
-We fielded the #1 pass defense in the nation last year.
-Despite being very young, the secondary is quickly improving: pass efficiency defense is now 40th; Hall is our highest graded player (80, suggesting he is a borderline all-conference guy); Blades has one of the lowest passer ratings allowed in the country; Bandy just got DB of the week in the conference; Bolden took a huge step forward in his 2nd game; etc.
-There are 2 months until the first signing day, and 4 months until the second. Our class in the secondary may not look amazing right now (although it doesn't look bad, with a few high 3 stars that have a chance for a bump to 4), there is plenty of time to go.

I think the problem is that, like OL, it is easier to notice bad plays in the secondary than good plays. Since most of you guys overreact to everything, you tend to overreact to the handful of times a game that we get beat - as all secondaries get beat - and fail to give credit for all of the good plays our secondary makes.

Advertisement
The reason kids dont come here when they are from soflo is because this great miami we on this board have love and know they have never seen. These 2021 have never seen miami be relevant what so ever. Then u add the factor that if they are good enough the top schools in the nation will pay them our whole recruiting budget. That's the end all be all

Agreed 100%.

We rarely get the top South Florida guys at ANY position. It's not just DB. Think of all of the great South Florida WRs that have gone elsewhere this decade.

A narrative has emerged on this site that Banda/Rumph stink, and since most of the folks on here are incapable of using logic and data to form their own opinions, people just continue to feed into it.

First off I am Black

Second off, I grew up in Crown Heights Brooklyn

Third off, If I grew up less than 10 mins from a Major Top 50 Institution, My mother would have forced me to go there for the education and play a little football.

Also what football player that goes to Miami still lives with their parents while in school? Like I said, its an excuse to collect bags.
But but but you moved to Long Island?

just kidding. I can vouch for this. I saw your Twitter way back. Didn’t know it all began for you by Eastern Parkway though. Been through there years ago in the mid 80’s with a friend who was a music producer and what I saw was rough. Burned out buildings with holes knocked in the side brick where crackheads we’re going in and out non-stop.

Advertisement
we did get Hodges but who really wanted him bro?

Good Question fam... I had to go back myself to dig up some research because I didn't really follow his recruitment. Apparently it showed that he gained offers from though from USF (Local of course lol), IU, Vtech, Lville, KY, Cincy, Unc, Ou, Tx, and Lsu.

Marquevious Brown
Kevin Knowles
Tim Burns (already committed)

but not on the same level

Have to hold on to Burns...Forget about them little rankings if he is behind them it isn't by much. He is a priority...Obviously Marshall is a specimen, and prob a 5*. I would put Burns up there with the rest or above though. Also O'Brien should probably be listed here, although obv we know how Deerfield go.

The STA pair will be recruited strongly as well...Russell and Mcburrows. Then some nice smaller nickel-type corners including the Carol City kid whose name escapes me.

I also think there's a chance Rumph isn't here, I think it's time to part ways. Banda moving on would be great too...And yes I know Mike Rumph is a decent coach (he's not the god many of you make him to be), and we can all agree the man can't recruit (I would be a bad recruiter/salesman too, so I can relate, but I'm not getting paid to do it)

Last edited:
Advertisement
The criticism that Rumph and Banda get is absurd.

-No position group on the roster has more 4 stars than DB (10).
-We brought in 6 consensus 4 stars last year, 3 of which were DBs. 3 of our 4 ESPN300 players last year were DBs. Probably our biggest recruiting win last year was Rumph bringing in Christian Williams.

Only if you give a **** where they are ranked.

Williams couldn't go to Bama or LSU, but yes he's definitely welcome and hope he pans out, looks like he could be a player.

Advertisement
Take Banda off any valuable recruits, and give Rumph free reign. Banda is garbage and hasn’t signed anyone of significance. Rumph can but has to get a thumbs up. Why does Banda have that free reign and is garbage, any player 4/5 star we won’t get!!

Maybe we should just move the university up between Georgia and South Carolina and we would have a chance at some of these SFL players. This has too long been becoming a joke to recruit a player out of our own backyard.

Advertisement
Back