Rumph's big test will be next cycle

Only if you give a **** where they are ranked.

Williams couldn't go to Bama or LSU, but yes he's definitely welcome and hope he pans out, looks like he could be a player.

What do you mean "Only if you give a **** where they are ranked."? Ranked coming out of HS? Yes, we should care about that.

No need to revisit the endless (but settled) stars debate. Let's just look at our players' careers.

-They are ranked as very good (not great) players in high school. 4 stars, not 5 stars, with a few 3 stars here and there. Similar to or better than every other position group at UM, with the possible exception of RB.
-They play like very good (not great) players in college. We had the #1 ranked pass defense last year. Even if you think that's overstating how good they were due to the competition, it's still clear it was a very good secondary. Jaquan, Redwine, Jackson all earned some sort of honors their past couple of years here. Bandy has earned his share of honors, too. None were candidates for the Thorpe award, nor were they consensus All-Americans.
-They get drafted like very good (not great) players into the NFL. They have almost all gotten drafted, which means the NFL has viewed them as good players. None have been drafted in the first or second round.
-It's too early to tell on the NFL careers part...but so far most of them have made rosters, and some of them have played well (Rayshawn Jenkins is having a very nice season). We'll see how Redwine, Jaquan, and co. do when they are given more opportunities, but given how they were recruited, how they played in college, and how they were drafted, I wouldn't expect them to be stars. Probably just solid pros.

So what more do you want? Our DBs are good-not-great players coming in, good-not-great players while they're here, and good-not-great players when they leave. That means they are maximizing their talent. Compare that to WR, where we recruit at a similar level, but the kids don't shine when they are here, and few of them do anything in the NFL.

The only reasonable complaint is that we're not landing the elite kids - but we're not landing the elite kids at ANY position. It's not a Rumph/Banda thing. It's a Miami thing. We've been mediocre for a lifetime. Wanting to fire Rumph/Banda for not landing elite kids is ludicrous, especially given how rock solid they are in every other way.

Advertisement
Rumph is Nice... I like Rumph, he just goes to work every day and his players do the same... this HATE Rumph sh$t is getting old.
Did DJ get bombed last Friday night?
**** yeah, but it happens to the best...
Rumph is Solid and so is his resume

This cycle is the 5th straight cycle to be the make or break cycle for Mike Rumph according to this board.

Personally, I’d like to see him teach our cornerbacks how to turn their head around while the ball is in the air. Maybe it’d be easier if he hadn’t spent the last 4 cycles landing diamonds in the rough that are tall and stiff like he was.

Advertisement
This cycle is the 5th straight cycle to be the make or break cycle for Mike Rumph according to this board.

Personally, I’d like to see him teach our cornerbacks how to turn their head around while the ball is in the air. Maybe it’d be easier if he hadn’t spent the last 4 cycles landing diamonds in the rough that are tall and stiff like he was.
I watched lsu vs uf and seen several times lsu corners didn't turn their head around. Raymond is considered a elite corners coach and recruiter. So why didn't those elite recruits do it?

We already lost any big names for next year with this **** season we are having. We need to win out and even then it might not be enough. We don't have elite recruiters so they will lose battles. Add in the few bag chasing kids and things won't be pretty next year.

Rumph is Nice... I like Rumph, he just goes to work every day and his players do the same... this HATE Rumph sh$t is getting old.

Rumph is Solid and so is his resume

I felt this way and stuck with him a lot longer than most...But I just think it's time for new blood. Way too many misses, and they are starting to add up. I also think CB is just so/so...Was a big Mike Jackson fan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I felt this way and stuck with him a lot longer than most...But I just think it's time for new blood. Way too many misses, and they are starting to add up. I also think CB is just so/so...Was a big Mike Jackson fan.
They haven’t been Ohio State, but they have been really solid, I know we haven’t played nobody but we’ve given up less passing yards than LSU this year and just 25 more than GA. Yes, I understand that a lot more plays into passing yards per game and that we haven’t played nobody, but sometimes you gotta be thankful for what you have because the grass isn’t always greener on the other side, Go ask Fl state.... Their Pass defense is TRASH 🗑...Old Miss Pass defense has given up double the amount of yards we have 👀 ... “I’m just saying doe”... Rumph is solid... Hopefully we can start winning some games and recruit some faster cbs, that’s my only gripe... they solid but look like the All-Irregular team at times...🤣
Go Canes

They haven’t been Ohio State, but they have been really solid, I know we haven’t played nobody but we’ve given up less passing yards than LSU this year and just 25 more than GA. Yes, I understand that a lot more plays into passing yards per game and that we haven’t played nobody, but sometimes you gotta be thankful for what you have because the grass isn’t always greener on the other side, Go ask Fl state.... Their Pass defense is TRASH 🗑...Old Miss Pass defense has given up double the amount of yards we have 👀 ... “I’m just saying doe”... Rumph is solid... Hopefully we can start winning some games and recruit some faster cbs, that’s my only gripe... they solid but look like the All-Irregular team at times...🤣
Go Canes

I would want one ace DB coach...Maybe give him a co-def coordinator title. Cut ties with both Banda and Rumph. See how the season goes.

Advertisement
Just an FYI, Marshall is UF bound and Collier is probably FSU bound.

Rumph never had a shot.

Ahem...You counting DJ Ivey in your lead 4 star tally huh?

Obviously. Why wouldn't I? He was a 4 star...

Not all 4 stars work out. And some 3 stars perform like 4 stars. Obviously. Their performance doesn't change their recruiting ranking.

Advertisement
Back