Rumph tragedy conitues 2022 S Marquis Lymon

YEP. IM A FAN OF VERY AGGRESSIVE DEFENDERS THAT RUN THROUGH GUYS. HE COULD BE 5'6...THAT KID TAKES SOULS...AND HAS A HIGH FOOTBALL IQ.

There isnt much safety recruits I have ranked above him. Wilson and the kid from Louisiana probably

last kid I thought was like that was that carol city kid that went to UF but had to medically retire. Dude annihilated people in HS. Forget his name.

Advertisement
Rumph has a museum curator role rn. Most likely won’t be in direct contact with recruits on a daily. Probably host fams and **** like that. DVD and Trob will be running point
That’s my point , the proof will be in the pudding when we magically start landing guys at cb. I’m not a Rumph defender , I’m a truth defender. He was never a good recruiter , he actually disliked it. But I’ll let people continue to fight the good fight.

Advertisement
That’s my point , the proof will be in the pudding when we magically start landing guys at cb. I’m not a Rumph defender , I’m a truth defender. He was never a good recruiter , he actually disliked it. But I’ll let people continue to fight the good fight.
Rumph recruiting defenders are out for blood..this is like the DB cooper mystery

Anyone under 5’10 playing safety gets the “ Bob sanders “ comparison. You know why? 5’8-5’9 safeties are hard to find at high levels of football.
Lol was think the same thing..who else at that size played at a high level? Lamarcus Joyner and bob sanders

Lol was think the same thing..who else at that size played at a high level? Lamarcus Joyner and bob sanders

Also Honey Badger and on a much less talented level Ricardo Allen.

edit: Gotta add Jaquan Johnson to the list

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anyone under 5’10 playing safety gets the “ Bob sanders “ comparison. You know why? 5’8-5’9 safeties are hard to find at high levels of football.

True but Bob Sanders was one of the hardest hitting safeties of all time. So if a player is being compared to him my expectation is playmaker and destroyer.

Also Honey Badger and on a much less talented level Ricardo Allen.
And honey badger has an extra senses for the ball. Very few players have that his brain for the game. Once you line him up and make him play man you can work him.

For a small Safety to be a take or to play at the highest level he has to have something elite to make up for the size. Either an elite athlete at that size or a ball hawk with something that you aren’t born with. While being a good athlete. I mean every short safety we recruit gets the Bob Sanders treatment. The kid that went to Auburn a couple years ago was Bob sanders. Same with Dallas Crawford, even though he was slow as ****. He still got that comparison lol.

Advertisement
And honey badger has an extra senses for the ball. Very few players have that his brain for the game. Once you line him up and make him play man you can work him.

For a small Safety to be a take or to play at the highest level he has to have something elite to make up for the size. Either an elite athlete at that size or a ball hawk with something that you aren’t born with. While being a good athlete. I mean every short safety we recruit gets the Bob Sanders treatment. The kid that went to Auburn a couple years ago was Bob sanders. Same with Dallas Crawford, even though he was slow as ****. He still got that comparison lol.
Ladarius Tennison

Yep, odds don’t favor that is the point. We’ve played this game around here a lot with short safeties.

Yup. I actually really like Lymons, and I really love some of those tough undersized players that we have had over the years, but I really kinda feel we're at a crossroads where we really need to step up our recruiting and try to get more players who are complete packages, less undersized guys and especially less developmental type players. Its nice to have those types of players, but if you want to win in college you gotta get the kids who not only have the ability but who are also already grown men coming out. That's really the difference between top 100 players and the rest. That's why the Alabamas and Clemsons continue to look way more grown then teams and continue to get credit for development, because they recruit guys that are already ready to go. Just my opinion.

Yup. I actually really like Lymons, and I really love some of those tough undersized players that we have had over the years, but I really kinda feel we're at a crossroads where we really need to step up our recruiting and try to get more players who are complete packages, less undersized guys and especially less developmental type players. Its nice to have those types of players, but if you want to win in college you gotta get the kids who not only have the ability but who are also already grown men coming out. That's really the difference between top 100 players and the rest. That's why the Alabamas and Clemsons continue to look way more grown then teams and continue to get credit for development, because they recruit guys that are already ready to go. Just my opinion.
This is how I feel. I also don’t expect more than two safeties in this class. Unless we move guys up to striker. Any other year I think he’s a take , this is just the year we might not have the spots. He’s a good player but like you said we need to aim higher. Now if you have a spot late and open you take and sit for a year or two. That’s why they need to stay on kids who aren’t plan a’s, you never know when your b or c might move up to a.

Advertisement
True but Bob Sanders was one of the hardest hitting safeties of all time. So if a player is being compared to him my expectation is playmaker and destroyer.
I think the point is it’s a lazy comp cause there’s very few examples..it’s like comparing every 6’3 safety to Sean and every 6’5 safety to Kam

Fentress was a Bob Sanders clone.

While I agree with the general idea of this post, in the case of Lymon he is solidly built. And he has great instincts on the back end. He isn't one of those kids that will need 2 years in a college S&C program before he gets going, or 2 years learning the position. His issue is height/length and that his developmental ceiling is low compared to the top flight guys, but male no mistake, he isn't one of these scrawny South Florida DB who hasn't hit the weight room.

He's almost certainly behind national guys like Wilson and Branch on our board, and maybe even a little lower than that. But this kid can play and most years would be a take at safety. Problem is we aren't taking more than 2 safeties and may end up taking just 1. As a plan B/C kid, we could do a lot worse.

Advertisement
Back