Rumph tragedy conitues 2022 S Marquis Lymon

Advertisement
I like Lymon a lot and would be happy with him in this class...But safety is a huge need and we aren't taking him over an Allen or Wilson.

Advertisement
To be fair. T Rob is just getting started. MR is in a ghost position to appease the Canes family

Lymon - goes to atlantic where RUMPH went to highschool. He wants to be a cane, his mother wants him to be a cane. LSU reaches out to him.. KID is a BALLER !! will play Safety and striker. Rumph doesnt even reach out to him is so sad, I cant believe this guy doesn't even recruit his own HS... well I believe but just a sad story. Hopefully T rob steps up or Rumph wakes TF up and call Lymon and get him committed asap.. Lets get this **** rolling already
beating a dead horse wtf GIF

Advertisement
Lymon - goes to atlantic where RUMPH went to highschool. He wants to be a cane, his mother wants him to be a cane. LSU reaches out to him.. KID is a BALLER !! will play Safety and striker. Rumph doesnt even reach out to him is so sad, I cant believe this guy doesn't even recruit his own HS... well I believe but just a sad story. Hopefully T rob steps up or Rumph wakes TF up and call Lymon and get him committed asap.. Lets get this **** rolling already

Who was it that kept Rumph on the staph 3 time in a row????

You’re right we really need to stop playing around and start landing safeties like Lymon if we’re going to take the next step. We haven’t landed an elite safety prospect in I don’t know how long. I know we’re going after Wilson and have landed a couple guys but we need to stop looking at the stars that’s not important...

Advertisement
You’re right we really need to stop playing around and start landing safeties like Lymon if we’re going to take the next step. We haven’t landed an elite safety prospect in I don’t know how long. I know we’re going after Wilson and have landed a couple guys but we need to stop looking at the stars that’s not important...

Im not sure what this is, but I like it.

The buck always stops with the HC. That being said, Rumph’s title is assistant director of RECRUITING. He is absolutely responsible for reaching out to kids. His complete failure recruiting as a position coach will also never be forgotten. That’s more or less what people are complaining about.
You say a lot without understanding what is asked of him and what guidelines are given him by the recruiting department and head corch.

Advertisement
The buck always stops with the HC. That being said, Rumph’s title is assistant director of RECRUITING. He is absolutely responsible for reaching out to kids. His complete failure recruiting as a position coach will also never be forgotten. That’s more or less what people are complaining about.

I was all for coming after Rumph with pitchforks and torches once his recruiting failures started to stack up against him. I have also been on record numerous times saying the whole "poor Rumph doesn't get to pick his guys" is a nonsensical red herring (and the same situation faced by the overwhelming majority of position coaches who do not get to decide which recruits are prioritized).

That said, Rumph's title is only Assistant Director of Recruiting because Manny gave him that job after pulling him from an on-field position because of (what looks like) Rumph's failings as a recruiter. At this point, if Rumph is still messing things up in recruiting, it is 100% on Manny. You throw a giraffe into a lake to catch some fish, and you can't be mad when it drowns and catches none.

Advertisement
Back