Rumph tragedy conitues 2022 S Marquis Lymon

While I agree with the general idea of this post, in the case of Lymon he is solidly built. And he has great instincts on the back end. He isn't one of those kids that will need 2 years in a college S&C program before he gets going, or 2 years learning the position. His issue is height/length and that his developmental ceiling is low compared to the top flight guys, but male no mistake, he isn't one of these scrawny South Florida DB who hasn't hit the weight room.

He's almost certainly behind national guys like Wilson and Branch on our board, and maybe even a little lower than that. But this kid can play and most years would be a take at safety. Problem is we aren't taking more than 2 safeties and may end up taking just 1. As a plan B/C kid, we could do a lot worse.

I'm very familiar with him as a player, I never said he was scrawny or even really to small to play here. He could play here and be good, its just if there's two players with similar attributes but one is bigger, you take the bigger one. That means a height, length, strength advantage which are things you can't teach. If we would like to get towards a championship level of recruiting we have to start landing players that have the ability and the size advantage. And also just in general landing the targets on top of the recruiting board. That's all I was saying.

Advertisement
Yeah I know it’s wiki but it’s pretty amazing, if true, that his 40 and vertical improved by this much from when Bob Sanders got to college to when he left.

75AC3EE1-FCBF-432C-BA57-A3DCA8795FA1.jpeg

Yeah I know it’s wiki but it’s pretty amazing, if true, that his 40 and vertical improved by this much from when Bob Sanders got to college to when he left.

View attachment 144265

One of my college teammates started out at Iowa b4 transferring to us. He said Bob Sanders hit him the hardest he ever been hit. And this was a dude that played ont hose good Plantation teams in Broward. He was also like a 6'1 205pd wr

Advertisement
Advertisement
What in the holy **** is going on in this thread???
****, I’m lost. Did Lymon commit somewhere? Did he put out a top 10 excluding Miami? Did he eliminate Miami? The only thing I gleaned from the snippet was that LSU was reaching out to him. I don’t get the tragedy and Rumph convo at all in this thread. Neither the we don’t want or like Lymon talk. Just weird stuff to say the least.

****, I’m lost. Did Lymon commit somewhere? Did he put out a top 10 excluding Miami? Did he eliminate Miami? The only thing I gleaned from the snippet was that LSU was reaching out to him. I don’t get the tragedy and Rumph convo at all in this thread. Neither the we don’t want or like Lymon talk. Just weird stuff to say the least.
Sorry. Moral of the story. Rumph doesn't even check out his own highschool that has talent. Another thread about how the **** is this guy on staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back