Rumph on Ragone/King Show

A lot of fans scape goated rumph one of our own and it was insane then and insane now after the diaz tenure. He’s a good dude
We didn’t scapegoat him. He wasn’t recruiting. That’s just plain and simple. He said it himself. He can coach he just couldn’t recruit. No way he shouldn’t have landed Tyson. That was a layup

Advertisement
Advertisement
Technically nobody, and I should have said gotten commitments or we led for to be more clear.

He had Graves and we almost lost him. Im pretty sure he played a huge part in Rogers committing. He had Fegans, who flipped to Alabama after we crapped ourselves during the year. His name escapes me, but there was a highly ranked DB who backed off his commitment to Ohio St and we were leading until our wheels fell off.

I think anybody being objective can see how much more success he had in his short time on campus than Rumph had under 2 HC's and a ton of personal connections in South FL
Singletary

FSU outrecruited us in the secondary by a wide margin during Mike's entire tenure here. So did that cesspool in gainesville. So everyone had big bags but us?

We landed some pretty **** good recruits from 2016 to 2020 at a lot of positions other than in the secondary. So did the other members of the staff have access to bags, and Mike didn't?

Come on my man. Of course, walking around with a duffle bag helps. We all know this. But that's a lazy *** excuse for not getting your job done. Todd Hartley sure got his job done during the same time period, did he not? He just get lucky that his kids didn't like money?

I know Mike is your dude, and that's cool. I've never met him, but I know people who have, and they've told me that he catches more flack than he deserves. And he probably does. But take personal bias out of it. He didn't get the job done, period. He can be the best guy in the world, and maybe he is. If so, he deserves respect for that. At the end of the day, that holds more weight than how you are as a football coach. But, speaking strictly as a football coach, he didn't get the job done. I don't think there's anything wrong with calling it how it is.
Why yes FSU and UF have been dropping bags for decades.. Did you think they weren't??

Advertisement
The entire program had been a dumpster fire where even legacy recruits were turning us down. It went well beyond Rumph, he may not be Cristobal at recruiting, don't know, but during his time here, even with Richt and the temp jolt he brought, this program was not moving in one direction or being supported in the way it needed. He may not be lighting it up like big bad T-Rob greatest recruiter of all time (/s) but it can be assumed he and many others didn't get the support they needed to succeed here. Either way, I know he's bringing value to the U and hope he stays for years to come.
He was not a good recruiter. The recruits were and are high on DVD even when Diaz was here. Some of yall can't accept whats obvious. I aint arguing about the other stuff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's amazing how a great head coach makes the rest of his staff better. That's pretty much true no matter what the organization is, the leader sets the tone.

We didn’t scapegoat him. He wasn’t recruiting. That’s just plain and simple. He said it himself. He can coach he just couldn’t recruit. No way he shouldn’t have landed Tyson. That was a layup
Isn't that what you're doing here, "scapegoating"?

Campbell was never coming here. Don't allow a late "courtesy visit" fool you.

Isn't that what you're doing here, "scapegoating"?

Campbell was never coming here. Don't allow a late "courtesy visit" fool you.
Why wasn’t Campbell coming here? We had our best calls since 08 that year, and the hype around the program was at its highest in a decade.

Advertisement
Back