Rumph Learning from Mistakes?

Didn't learn a **** thing from Byrd doing the exact same thing last year.

So he should be invested in recruiting players acting like total assclowns in high school. Spend 80% of the time on dealing with a couple players with terrible attitudes and disciplinary issues instead of coaching technique. You know what Rumph has proven he was actually very good at? Coaching CBs and turning ok players into good players. Until it's proven otherwise, he should be able to recruit the type of players he believes will be most successful.

Dude this thread is about Rumph learning from mistakes this year and I am simply saying he didn't learn **** from last year and I am willing to bet history will repeat itself. You can be the best **** DB coach in the history of football but if you don't have the dogs you sure af can't hunt.

Advertisement
Mike Rumph is excited about the cornerbacks UM signed, Trajan Bandy and JUCO arrival Jhavonte Dean.

“I think we finished pretty well, we got two really good corners who love the University of Miami,” Rumph said. “They’re selfless corners, all about the team.”

He adds that “You can pay attention to the four stars and the rankings, but you can’t measure those kids’ hearts. Us being in South Florida and really listening and learning about these kids, it showed us they’re kids with big hearts that want to be successful here. We’re excited to have them.”

Asked about Bandy, Rumph said, “I think he’ll be able to play different positions whether it’s nickel or corner. He has a big passion for the game, a lot of the locker room is familiar with him because he’s been around a good amount. He’s going to fit us well.”

Of Dean, Rumph said, “he’s a mature corner, great athleticism. He’s going to fit in real good because he’s from here, the corners know him, and he’s a confident kid. It’ll make our room more mature and confident.”

Rumph also says Dean’s mentality “is like a throwback Sean Taylor, Frank Gore - just `coach, I don’t fear anyone, I just want to play ball, I just want to win.’ I said `Wow, you sound like the throwbacks I used to play with.’”

Of course, Brian Edwards and CJ Henderson are the ones that got away.

“It came down to two days before signing (day) and they don’t know what they want to do,” Rumph said. “It’s just confusing to me. I wish the parents were a little more involved. When you’re making a big decision, for him to have his first decision about the rest of his life, I wish the parents would be more involved., but it was just very tedious and nerve-racking, I can tell you that up until the phone call I got at 12 (a.m. from Dean committing).”

Rumph says he’s learned from the recruiting losses.

“I always tell the high school kids it’s a business, go with your hearts, (but) I really want kids to consider to come here and not flake out on us at the last minute,” he said. “We’ll learn from when we do lose. When they finally tell me `Okay, I want to go here, I’m not going to Miami (I asked) `What was it, what can we do better the next time?’ And now I have some idea of different ways we can pursue things.”

Rumph says that he’s “already had” those conversations with Edwards and Henderson.

“I just wish more people would talk to them about their decisions, think about it more,” Rumph said, adding that an emphasis will be “just more pressure to make sure you land the kids you were recruiting for the year.”

At the end of the day the two misses didn’t take the shine off UM’s signing day.

“I’m so happy - as of now we’re just happy, excited to get some quality kids,” Rumph said.

Thoughts??

Nice copy paste.... Hoe$ ain't loyal

internet tough guys, last time i checked i pay for that membership . . . i'm loyal to canes, not sites . . . and the only hoes i know complain about free info

wasnt being tough. I was calling Edwards and Henderson hoes and not being loyal.

Guess my nice copy paste came off aggressive but wasnt trying to be.

I stand by my hoe$ aint loyal

Who did coach Kool land only bc of his own name and reputation??? I dont recall DJ Johnson constantly recognizing Coach Kool as the main reason he committed, he grew up a big UM fan so Coach Richt could've gotten him no matter who he hired as DL coach.

Kool was a huge factor in landing Jeff Thomas.

Forgot about that Missouri connection. Yeah, that blows that crusade out of the water.

Lol y'all make up the dumbest ****... Coach Dugans was the main one recruiting him, and Thomas wasn't even thinking about us until he linked up with some of our commits at the UM game.

Coach Kool is probably the most decorated dline coach in CFB and you're trying to tell me bc he may have had a slight part in Jeff Thomas's recruitment that some how is suppose to validate his recruiting this season when he's had as much "success" as Rumph?? Let's try to make sense if you're going to be bias

I guess that's why they were chanting "koooooool" and were patting him on the back when Thomas committed to Miami live on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZQtK2NBCGQ

When Dugans shouts "Kool baby!", I guess that meant nothing. LOL

Again, if the 10th assistant coach is approved.. Snag an ace recruiter period. He could be a Kicker Coach for all I care.. We need a big time closer.

To be fair, you can't place total blame on Rumph for the Henderson/Edwards miss.

He wasn't the only one recruiting them. Those kids are local. You can bet your a$$ Diaz, Richt and Banda all had a hand in it as well. (especially Diaz)

Advertisement
To be fair, you can't place total blame on Rumph for the Henderson/Edwards miss.

He wasn't the only one recruiting them. Those kids are local. You can bet your a$$ Diaz, Richt and Banda all had a hand in it as well. (especially Diaz)

There's too much evidence against Rump. Every time he stumbles (and he's stumbled a dozen times in a year), there's always an explanation or a "yeah, but ______ sucks too." Biggest problem is Rump was the HC at Heritage. That sort of hire has always translated into getting at least the guys from there. It's just been fail after fail followed by explanations as to why he shouldn't be expected to do this or do that or how he's such an incredible football scientist that his technical wizardry makes up for his recruiting foibles.

He's a liability in recruiting. I don't know if that sort of thing can be fixed. He's certainly not going to fix it calling two lying maggots like Henderson and Edwards and asking them for a Yelp review of his recruiting.

I hope he suddenly turns it around and becomes at least competent as a recruiter, but the last report about Tyson Campbell, who called him his second father figure, practically being on the verge of a Clemson commitment doesn't bode well. The heat will be nuclear if he loses that guy.

Who did coach Kool land only bc of his own name and reputation??? I dont recall DJ Johnson constantly recognizing Coach Kool as the main reason he committed, he grew up a big UM fan so Coach Richt could've gotten him no matter who he hired as DL coach.

Forgot about that Missouri connection. Yeah, that blows that crusade out of the water.

Lol y'all make up the dumbest ****... Coach Dugans was the main one recruiting him, and Thomas wasn't even thinking about us until he linked up with some of our commits at the UM game.

Coach Kool is probably the most decorated dline coach in CFB and you're trying to tell me bc he may have had a slight part in Jeff Thomas's recruitment that some how is suppose to validate his recruiting this season when he's had as much "success" as Rumph?? Let's try to make sense if you're going to be bias

I guess that's why they were chanting "koooooool" and were patting him on the back when Thomas committed to Miami live on TV.

****, Macho. You shot that boy's ish down real quick.

There's too much evidence against Rump. Every time he stumbles (and he's stumbled a dozen times in a year), there's always an explanation or a "yeah, but ______ sucks too." Biggest problem is Rump was the HC at Heritage. That sort of hire has always translated into getting at least the guys from there. It's just been fail after fail followed by explanations as to why he shouldn't be expected to do this or do that or how he's such an incredible football scientist that his technical wizardry makes up for his recruiting foibles.

He's a liability in recruiting. I don't know if that sort of thing can be fixed. He's certainly not going to fix it calling two lying maggots like Henderson and Edwards and asking them for a Yelp review of his recruiting.

I hope he suddenly turns it around and becomes at least competent as a recruiter, but the last report about Tyson Campbell, who called him his second father figure, practically being on the verge of a Clemson commitment doesn't bode well. The heat will be nuclear if he loses that guy.

I hear you, dude.

Being "cut-throat" is a dangerous game. It puts you on edge of doing things you probably shouldn't do - and it's how programs get into trouble.

UF is just a better program than we are right now, and we will lose kids to them until we at least show up in a championship game, like they have done the last two years. There are no program-changing players at our level, so we shouldn't cry if we lose one.
I don't disagree with this. But I think you are kidding yourself if you either believe 1) All of the ultra successful teams aren't doing it, or B) We can be as successful as we want without doing it. It is absolutely necessary if we don't want to be the barry alvarez badgers, or mark richt bulldogs, meaning usually competitive, never truly in the game for the big trophy.

Advertisement
I wonder if rump has learned his lesson only 5-6 months later. Maybe he can sit down with Tyson on the day of NLOI 2018 and ask him what he could have done differently?

thats all u can really ask from a guy... find out the mistakes that were made and correct them before the next chances come around... always look to improve

Advertisement
Rumph needs to get back and take a visit back to his home in Delray Beach and look in the mirror and become that man he was from Delray that made him and went on and played for Miami and then he will be on top again

Didn't learn a **** thing from Byrd doing the exact same thing last year.

So he should be invested in recruiting players acting like total assclowns in high school. Spend 80% of the time on dealing with a couple players with terrible attitudes and disciplinary issues instead of coaching technique. You know what Rumph has proven he was actually very good at? Coaching CBs and turning ok players into good players. Until it's proven otherwise, he should be able to recruit the type of players he believes will be most successful.

Dude this thread is about Rumph learning from mistakes this year and I am simply saying he didn't learn **** from last year and I am willing to bet history will repeat itself. You can be the best **** DB coach in the history of football but if you don't have the dogs you sure af can't hunt.

That's a lie! A good coach especially in college can turn mediocre talent into someone who contributes.

gottem

Advertisement
I love Rumph as a coach. How we get him bodies to coach up, I could care-a-less. It is all about team work. Banda may be a phenomenal recruiter, but, I would surmise he don't have the chops Rumph does...bet he learns quite a bit from Rumph.

Advertisement
Back