Rumph Learning from Mistakes?

Advertisement
The only hope we have for Rumph is that he is a phenomenal coach and his skills in that area sells itself. He's is obviously not going to turn into a salesman so this may take some time. Kool by his own admission doesn't care for recruiting much but with his resume, when he speaks kids listen. Or kids actively seek his attention for an evaluation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dude dont be doggin my dowg. Rumph.
All kiddin aside his recruiting is still in the air. Coaching i have confidence. We shall see. Im not feelin it on Campbell tbh

The only hope we have for Rumph is that he is a phenomenal coach and his skills in that area sells itself. He's is obviously not going to turn into a salesman so this may take some time. Kool by his own admission doesn't care for recruiting much but with his resume, when he speaks kids listen. Or kids actively seek his attention for an evaluation.

Kool doesn't get a free pass either he's not lighting it up @ landing DT.

Advertisement
Didn't learn a **** thing from Byrd doing the exact same thing last year.

So he should be invested in recruiting players acting like total assclowns in high school. Spend 80% of the time on dealing with a couple players with terrible attitudes and disciplinary issues instead of coaching technique. You know what Rumph has proven he was actually very good at? Coaching CBs and turning ok players into good players. Until it's proven otherwise, he should be able to recruit the type of players he believes will be most successful.

Dude this thread is about Rumph learning from mistakes this year and I am simply saying he didn't learn **** from last year and I am willing to bet history will repeat itself. You can be the best **** DB coach in the history of football but if you don't have the dogs you sure af can't hunt.

That's a lie! A good coach especially in college can turn mediocre talent into someone who contributes.

What do you mean contribute? If a guy sucks he sucks. This statement is similar to the statement made by a poster here claiming that if Khalil Jones, Charlie Jones, Reggie young blood, Deleon Farr etch had gone to USC they'd be all Americans or at least all conference. One of the dumbest comments I've seen on here.

Agreed. But, his resume >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Rumph and when kids like DJ Johnson contact us himself to play for Kool it speaks volumes. Also, Kool isn't very vocal with crootin, he works more behind the scene.

D

Agreed. But, his resume >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Rumph and when kids like DJ Johnson contact us himself to play for Kool it speaks volumes. Also, Kool isn't very vocal with crootin, he works more behind the scene.

Just think he should be landing elite DTs by now . We only took one last class I don't care who's call that was it was stupid .

It's worth noting that the "Mike Rumph: DB coaching savant" narrative really got going right around the same time his DB's had a beastly front seven to work behind. And I'm not sure why we're being asked to accept the notion that Miami can have a guy on the staff who is a good coach or a good recruiter but it's unfair to expect both. I've said it before but it bears repeating, unless you think Rumph is some sort of transcendent coaching talent unlike any other in the country, you can replace with him with someone who is markedly better at recruiting and comparable when it comes to coaching his guys up.

Advertisement

D

Just think he should be landing elite DTs by now . We only took one last class I don't care who's call that was it was stupid .
Everyone's been saying one last cycle was idiotic. Nobody knows whose call it was...if anyone. It's only a bad call if both Norton and McIntosh leave (which is unlikely). If one stays we can manage but we need multiple DTs this cycle.

He has a much longer leash than Rumph.

If he strikes out at DT this year he deserves our rumblings.

/I'm still not convinced DJ doesn't end up at DT

Rumpth reminds me of another ex Cane Mike Barrow. Both decent coaches but something missing on the recruiting front.Remember the girl in high school that your best buddy asked you to fix him up with? She tells you "Oh he's so sweet I wouldn't want to hurt him for the world but you know... He' just too nice". The better recruiters won't take no for an answer no matter how many times they get rejected. I thought Hendersons problem was he talked too much to his parents. I don't agree with Rumpth on that point. He just got out recruited
Plain and simple. Just get tougher Mike.

D

Everyone's been saying one last cycle was idiotic. Nobody knows whose call it was...if anyone. It's only a bad call if both Norton and McIntosh leave (which is unlikely). If one stays we can manage but we need multiple DTs this cycle.

He has a much longer leash than Rumph.

If he strikes out at DT this year he deserves our rumblings.

/I'm still not convinced DJ doesn't end up at DT

One last year was a major f up. Ford may not even make it in. Hopefully bethel and Martin become successful DTs bc we are gonna need them if Norton and RJ skip. Both of them leaving early is very likely.

Advertisement

D

How dumb is this statement? Its July and we have one of the top DTs in the nation in Nesta Silvera. He is proving it at The Opening.

Dude dont be doggin my dowg. Rumph.
All kiddin aside his recruiting is still in the air. Coaching i have confidence. We shall see. Im not feelin it on Campbell tbh

I feel the same re Campbell because outside of him stating we are in his top 5 nothing else gives confidence, even the relationship with Rumph. With that said, I like we are recruiting Stanley Garner and Bethel hard as well. Garner IMO is not a drop off. Haven't seen Bethel, but he is long and fast as well. I know Campbell is our favorite, but does having Campbell make us remarkably better with him than say Garner?

I really believe Rumph and Campbell have a good relationship BUT at the end of the day, I think Campbell have a "dream school" not named Miami!! BUT Rumph is the main reason UM is still in it, I think if our 2017 Canes do their part on the field, that might be the piece of the puzzle that be missing and we might be able to steal Campbell from his "DS".. At this point, I think Campbell is still considering UM because of Rumph and if Miami's 2017 season exceeds expectation, then with the family in his ear "Miami is back" then we could pull him BUT if Miami finishes with a regular 8 or 9 win season and nothing major happens and a school like Clemson or OSU wins the title, I think he is a goner!!

**LIKE IT OR NOT, RUMPH CAN'T MAKE THIS KID COME TO UM.. SO ALL THE PPL THAT SAY RUMPH THIS AND RUMPH THAT, THIS MAN CAN'T MAKE THIS KID COME TO UM IF HE REALLY DOESN'T WANT TO.. IF THAT WAS THE CASE WE WOULD HAVE TO RECRUIT, THE COACH'S WOULD JUST CALL THE PLAYERS THEY WANT AND SAY "HEY YOU COMING TO MIAMI"... THIS IS TYSON'S DECISION, IF HE DOESN'T COME TO MIAMI IT'S NOT ON RUMPH, RUMPH IS RECRUITING HIM HARD BUT AS WE CAN SEE THE KID ISN'T VERY INTERESTED IN MIAMI.. AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, HE MIGHT JUST BE USING THE SUMMER TO TAKE VISITS AND ONCE THE SEASON STARTS WE MIGHT START SEEING HIM COME TO MIAMI, WHO KNOWS!!

Our fan base expect everything to go Miami's way, just because a kid is born and raise in SoFla DOESN'T MEAN he is coming to Miami, DOESN'T MEAN the kid loves Miami.. We been watching SoFla studs bounce out of here since the 80s, I look at it like this Out of 10 SoFla top studs, long as Miami get 5-7 of them we good!! Because we won't get them all, we will lose at least 3-5 or them to different schools..

**Storm18' is no different**

Advertisement
Didn't learn a **** thing from Byrd doing the exact same thing last year.

So he should be invested in recruiting players acting like total assclowns in high school. Spend 80% of the time on dealing with a couple players with terrible attitudes and disciplinary issues instead of coaching technique. You know what Rumph has proven he was actually very good at? Coaching CBs and turning ok players into good players. Until it's proven otherwise, he should be able to recruit the type of players he believes will be most successful.

Dude this thread is about Rumph learning from mistakes this year and I am simply saying he didn't learn **** from last year and I am willing to bet history will repeat itself. You can be the best **** DB coach in the history of football but if you don't have the dogs you sure af can't hunt.

That's a lie! A good coach especially in college can turn mediocre talent into someone who contributes.

What do you mean contribute? If a guy sucks he sucks. This statement is similar to the statement made by a poster here claiming that if Khalil Jones, Charlie Jones, Reggie young blood, Deleon Farr etch had gone to USC they'd be all Americans or at least all conference. One of the dumbest comments I've seen on here.

It's not similar and you are one of the corniest posters on here you soft a s s track star.. Every guy isn't going to be a star.. They maybe guys like a Berrios or a guy like a Jared Payton... those guys contributed..Darnelll Jenkins contributed... you mentioned the names you did because you're a b I t c h. Stick to sucking off track times before you comment on anything I do.

I guarantee if Campbell commits to Miami, Rumph won't even get credit for going the kid to commit.. Somebody on here will go dig up a old interview or something, and show where the kid said he talk to Richt and make it like Rumph had nothing to do with his recruitment.. So this is why it matters, because once the player commits the man won't get credit for recruiting him anyway!! All the talented DBs UM have committed, I don't think Rumph gets credit for any of them..

Let's see how good Miami's CB play is after this season, then we judge Rumph!!

I guarantee if Campbell commits to Miami, Rumph won't even get credit for going the kid to commit.. Somebody on here will go dig up a old interview or something, and show where the kid said he talk to Richt and make it like Rumph had nothing to do with his recruitment.. So this is why it matters, because once the player commits the man won't get credit for recruiting him anyway!! All the talented DBs UM have committed, I don't think Rumph gets credit for any of them..

Let's see how good Miami's CB play is after this season, then we judge Rumph!!

Why? I get the impression that even if Miami finishes DFL in pass defense you'll blame the DL for not getting enough pressure and continue to use Rumph's crank as a toothbrush.

quote-recruiting-is-the-one-thing-i-hate-i-won-t-do-it-unless-my-coaches-tell-me-i-ve-just-bear-.jpg

Advertisement
Back