Rumph Learning from Mistakes?

We had them kids in the bag and they flaked out. Can't fault him or the staff for that. Very candid interview. Rumph kept it 1000 about the situation. It is what it is

I don't think kids that have already shown you that they are flaky should ever be considered in the bag.

telling a staff your going to sign with them 3 days before NSD can generally be considered locked up.

Advertisement
Supposedly he almost lost Dean as well. Richt is quoted as saying Dean told them he was choosing ASU Tuesday night but then changed his mind on NSD. What the **** is Rumph saying to these kids? Dean should have been a slam dunk.

WOW!!!!! I had no fcking idea we almost lost Dean to fcking Arizona State. That's absolute insanity right there.

If he's nearly losing a Miami kid, who calls himself Florida Boy to a moribund nothing program like ASU, then what makes people think he's going to lock down all these 2018 kids with offers from top 5 programs? We better hope to **** that they just want to stay home.

The fact that Mr. Hurricane, Al Blades's, son isn't even a commit yet should scare the **** out of UM fans.

Don't forget the power move guy is deans cousin as well

I could see Cooney calling Dean and saying man I just landed this nice paying gig and how would it look if I can't land my own nephew who was dropped by Bama and now wants to go to ASU.

I don't expect him to instantly become a recruiting beast because he hasn't been doing this for years. The fact that he's acknowledging his mistakes and working to improve helps me to believe that he will eventually be a great recruiter. His coaching is on point so cut the man some slack.

Rumph won't get or deserve much credit for landing absolute layups with UM ties like Blades and Frierson. But if he actually lands the one stud from Heritage that he has no business losing (Tyson Campbell) and can help keep Jobe/Ivey in the class, then he'll go from being criticized to heavily praised very quickly.

Have no confidence that he'll actually win a contested battle for a player the caliber of Campbell, but it's what he needs to do.

No people wont. Everyone was B*tching about how he can't pull Heritage gusy. Then We got a Heritage guy this year in Herbert. And people gave him credit for about a minute. Then immediately forgot about it. Go look at any of the 10 threads talking about DB recruiting and not a single person talks about how he got a Heritage guy. And Herbert is also more important than Henderson and Edwards.

If Rumph gets 3-5 top CBs this year, everyone will give all the credit to Banda, Diaz, and Richt.
What I don't get is howcome no one criticized Banda for not getting Edwards. Everything points to Banda being the main recruiter of Edwards, and the coach with the best relationship with Edwards. So If Banda clearly isn't as good as Rumph at teaching technique, then why is he not being talked about while Rumph is about his recruiting?

Personally I'm more dissatisfied with Banda than I am Rumph. But I think we pull 7-8 top DBs this next class and they will get praise for a full 5mins before everyone starts B*thching again and calling for Rumphs head.

fact is it seems to me lot of you guys like Banda's recruiting because of what he posts on Twitter. Nothing more.

You're right that Banda isn't blameless either. They both deserve to be scrutinized and have a lot to prove with the 2018 class.

No staff member is going to get credit for landing Frierson or Blades because of their clear family ties to this program. Not Rumph, Richt, or anyone else. But the criticism of our DB recruiting would've eased up a bit had we not just gone 0-for-4 in head-to-head battles against UF. And it absolutely will die down if we actually win contested battles for premier targets like Campbell and Hall in '18.

But if it's more of the same and Rumph can't close on a player to whom he's been a "second father figure" like Campbell, then the bashing will only intensify. No one wants him to fail. But with the results he's gotten on the trail thus far, he needs to produce far better results.

I definitely don't think it's a bashing to be rightfully concerned about both Rumph's and Brown's recruiting abilities. They may be great coaches, I don't know because I'm not there with them. All we can look at are the recruiting results right now. And so far, they're wanting.

We need need to lock entire coaching staff in the room with the Alec Baldwin character from Glengarry Glen Ross and tell these ****ers it's about closing and getting results going forward. No more woe-is-me excuses

[video=youtube_share;Q4PE2hSqVnk]https://youtu.be/Q4PE2hSqVnk[/video]

Advertisement
We had them kids in the bag and they flaked out. Can't fault him or the staff for that. Very candid interview. Rumph kept it 1000 about the situation. It is what it is

I don't think kids that have already shown you that they are flaky should ever be considered in the bag.

telling a staff your going to sign with them 3 days before NSD can generally be considered locked up.

It's the recruiters job to evaluate the individual, and try to determine their reliability. You can't count on somebody - you should be able to tell that. It's called reading people and reading the situation

Fake mfs man smh, bash one of our former canes so much yet I don't remember hearing this amount of bashing when Paul Williams was here... yeah he got kids at the end of the day but he didn't have to compete against kids from 4 kids being drafted 1st round at db at uf in the last 2 years. These kids eating that sh*t up right now... and he surely can't coach as good as rumph. Chill

Are you kidding me!! You didn't hear Paul Williams bashing !!!

Fake mfs man smh, bash one of our former canes so much yet I don't remember hearing this amount of bashing when Paul Williams was here... yeah he got kids at the end of the day but he didn't have to compete against kids from 4 kids being drafted 1st round at db at uf in the last 2 years. These kids eating that sh*t up right now... and he surely can't coach as good as rumph. Chill

The criticism is justified. Stop white knighting dudes just because they played at Miami.

Why? Most on here want Ed Reed, Ray Lewis on the staff because they played here and think every 5* would want to come to Miami.

Environment at American heritage is not good lol. And y'all wonder why we couldn't get kids from there. Fake a55 chad Wilson and his son are pro Florida and probably bash Miami every chance they get

Kai Leon Herbert on Pete podcast
Said Miami's dorms and a couple of other facilities weren't as nice as other schools but he's cool with it. More importantly, "I wasn't even really considering Miami before my OV because of how everyone was talking down Miami" .

Good things are facilities are being upgraded( as well as the dorms soon)

Advertisement

It's the recruiters job to evaluate the individual, and try to determine their reliability. You can't count on somebody - you should be able to tell that. It's called reading people and reading the situation

But they didn't stop recruiting those guys, they didn't get complacent or anything. They didn't misjudge them. I'm just commentating on how it is that you commit somewhere 3 days before NSD then end up going somewhere else. Anyone that doesn't think these kids are G.ay is someone whose opinion I don't care at all about.

This **** is just ridiculous, and its why I don't get all this hate for Rumph. I mean at worst Henderson was literally a 50/50 guy. Had NSD been 2 days earlier or 2 days later he might be a Hurricane. Edwards very clearly always wanted to be a Gayturd, and the only reason he was considering us so heavily was because of how well we recruited him and his mom.

And also why Im not getting too upset with Thomas Brown. McFarland was probably the clearest case of being payed off possible. So I mean how upset can I be where we won his recruitment, and was all set to sign, but we lose out because another school drops bags. I just can't be too ****ed about losing him. I don't think we can compete when it comes to paying players, and I fully expect to lose out on some players (like Jobe) this year because of that.

Supposedly he almost lost Dean as well. Richt is quoted as saying Dean told them he was choosing ASU Tuesday night but then changed his mind on NSD. What the **** is Rumph saying to these kids? Dean should have been a slam dunk.

WOW!!!!! I had no fcking idea we almost lost Dean to fcking Arizona State. That's absolute insanity right there.

If he's nearly losing a Miami kid, who calls himself Florida Boy to a moribund nothing program like ASU, then what makes people think he's going to lock down all these 2018 kids with offers from top 5 programs? We better hope to **** that they just want to stay home.

The fact that Mr. Hurricane, Al Blades's, son isn't even a commit yet should scare the **** out of UM fans.

I could see Cooney calling Dean and saying man I just landed this nice paying gig and how would it look if I can't land my own nephew who was dropped by Bama and now wants to go to ASU.

Exactly how it must have played out. Dean would have made Cooney an absolute laughingstock if he picked ASU.

Makes it that much scarier. Holy ****. Arizona State.

CHise, you're the baddest **** on this site but I'm going to say this anyway even though I know you already know this. There's no way in **** we should be sending a black man that uses the phrase "flake out" to the shark infested battle ground of South Florida to recruit. No **** way.

WTF are you talking about? Can't fault him? Jesus Christ you're a ******.

Advertisement
There are some serious red flags in that article. We'll know all we need to know this time next year about Rumph's recruiting abilities. Can't afford to f*ck that '18 DB class up.

Environment at American heritage is not good lol. And y'all wonder why we couldn't get kids from there. Fake a55 chad Wilson and his son are pro Florida and probably bash Miami every chance they get

Said Miami's dorms and a couple of other facilities weren't as nice as other schools but he's cool with it. More importantly, "I wasn't even really considering Miami before my OV because of how everyone was talking down Miami" .

You realize when Rumph was at AH, he bashed Miami. Now he's attempting to recruit for Miami.

He might be a good corner coach, but he sucks at recruiting.

Advertisement

Makes it that much scarier. Holy ****. Arizona State.

CHise, you're the baddest **** on this site but I'm going to say this anyway even though I know you already know this. There's no way in **** we should be sending a black man that uses the phrase "flake out" to the shark infested battle ground of South Florida to recruit. No **** way.

LOL. Rumph was standing there in a tucked in golf shirt into pleated chinos and a belt in one of his photos with a recruit. Dude looked like Carlton from Fresh Prince. I knew we was in trouble right then and there. I could almost hear the 1970s Jim Croce Easy Listening music in the background looking at that pic.

Then, we got Brown in pleated chinos with a bright orange blouse-like puffy shirt and church shoes that my mom made we wear in 1980. Every other word out of his mouth is a bible verse. I'm down with God, but holy **** give it a break, cutty.

You realize when Rumph was at AH, he bashed Miami. Now he's attempting to recruit for Miami.

He might be a good corner coach, but he sucks at recruiting.

So saying a school doesn't recruit his kids is bashing Miami? He even said Miami needs to come around more. Come on now... golden created the problem to begin with. Why in the **** would you not recruit Isaiah McKenzie but go to North Carolina and recruit Braxton berrrios? Why not recruit Tavarus McFadden who is turning to one of the best ballhawking corners in the country.

Advertisement
Back