Rumph/Banda

pay the **** kids **** boy. thats how your results will improve. Tenn is paying, Ole miss did, Bama, LSU, CLEM, etc. more than just the SEC pays btw. you just saw creigton offer like 30k for basketball recruits and thats creighton

Advertisement
Y’all are dumb as ****... I’d rather have someone who brings in underrated 3 and 4 stars that knows how to teach and develop than a guy bringing in 5 stars only for them to busy because the guy can’t develop.

I guarantee you that Clemson got to where they are today by developing what they could get and NOT by recruiting 5stars and high tier 4stars consistently. So stfu! Until the time comes that we finish a class with 4 total DBs and all are 3stars then you idiots can complain
The thing with this is that they don't correlate. A coach developing 3 and 4* is going to get scooped up by the top schools unless the kids he's coaching aren't getting drafted and 5* DB's aren't going to schools that cant develop talent.

It’s not about the brother/cousin relationship dynamic. Ahmmon Richards brother is currently in Auburn, Gerald Willis and Landon Collins played opposite to each other in the SEC before transferring here. Whether it’s brother/cousin, none matter in recruiting, ofc Family steering a recruit to a school is also Tampering, for that reason no one is saying that he was expected to be a slam dunk or layup recruit because of Corn. But to have Corn Elder a byproduct of our program during its worst state, still be drafted and still be in the league and Rumph who is also 6’2 and former first round pick on our corner and will still cannot beat out a 5-7 Tennessee shows me that’s there’s correlation between lingering problems. Him and his mother situation is unfortunate, but a 4.5 hr drive to Clemson is a drive nonetheless, they’re premier team like you said and for that reason he would never disrespect them or play games with them like with us.
So the familial relationship simultaneously a) can’t matter and b) must help. Makes sense.

I get that your argument is “Rumph can’t recruit” - I don’t completely agree, but I also realize he’s not pulling the top targets (would someone else have kept Stevenson/Campbell? Maybe, but that’s another topic). I just don’t think that this particular kid is the “free throw” that proves how incapable Rumph is.

And, by that same “how could he pick 5-7 Tennessee” logic - how did Couch and Williams sign with us?

This gotta be addressed. I don’t think a 10 win season can save them if they keep whiffing. This unrealistic but Deadass how much will it cost to grab Corey Raymond from L$U.

Keep the unlikes coming. Gotta be a villain if you speaking the truth
Or just a **** with an Opinion

Raymond is not leaving LSU, he's a from Louisiana & played CB at LSU, it's literally his dream job.

Diaz is not getting rid of Banda or Rumph, that's just the reality. The fact is, until we start paying we're going to continue to miss on most high ranked DB's we go after.

What our staff needs to do is hit homeruns on evals & develop the guys we do get. If you payed attention to the 2019 draft, most of the high rated 4/5-star CB's went way lower than they were expected to & a bunch of kids who were not ranked high coming out of HS were all drafted ahead of them. What that means is that those were players who were developed & still played at high level regardless of the school they went to.

The thing that irritates me more than the misses, are the other kids that be available all year long & our staff just flat out doesn't recruit them until late in the year & then get left scrambling & usually don't get any of'em.

I feel we're way too picky with how we recruit DB's, there's so many good CB's/S's in South Fla & TX regardless of their ranking in every class that all end up going to P5 schools & we act like we're too good to take them while chasing after some unrealistic prospect that only ends up laughing at us & signing elsewhere.

Agreed LC but just know that if our staff goes and grabs a SF three star DB that you and I know will end up balling out in college and playing in the league for years, that's not going to prevent CIS from having a meltdown when he commits. LOL.

Advertisement
Blindly defend guys to the death until they’re fired then burn em at the stake after they’re gone. The CIS way

Agreed LC but just know that if our staff goes and grabs a SF three star DB that you and I know will end up balling out in college and playing in the league for years, that's not going to prevent CIS from having a meltdown when he commits. LOL.

they had a meltdown when some 21 kids committed bc of stars

Told y'all months ago not to sleep on Tennessee. They are a bag school and he's the number one player in-state. Plus his mom has breast cancer. He wasn't a "free throw" at all.

I think most fans don’t realize the talent disparity between teams in college football. It would take 2-5 years of great recruiting just to get on the level of teams like PSU, Georgia, Michigan, LSU, etc... This team isn’t catching Clemson or Alabama anytime soon if ever.

Miami should focus on building a team of top 25 talent with top 25 coaching and winning their division consistently. They should be able to win 10 games a year and a bowl game every year if they just play up to their talent level. A few years of this may change the Miami brand to the point where they can then start consistently pulling top 10 and eventually top 5 classes. They aren’t going to consistently recruit better until the results are better.

This is a long, long process and not for the faint of heart. Miami isn’t “back” just because of a bunch of hashtags and transfers. This team has more than enough talent to win the coastal every year and is bringing in more than enough to continue to do that. Talent wise this team shouldn’t get skull ****ed by Wisconsin - they should beat them by 1 or 2 scores. Talent and recruiting stars was never the problem. Miami’s roster from a recruit ranking point of view is a top 15-20 team last time I checked. Until the results meet or exceed that ranking recruits won’t be the difference maker. USC is no different - at some point the coaches have to develop the talent and implement scheme to maximize it to win - this team only had that on defense last year.

*****ing about defensive coaches who have developed talent and put out a defense that is consistently top 10-25 in all of football is weird. A competent offence and special teams makes this program completely different in the eyes of recruits.

Advertisement
They wouldve been fired if Brown came. One of em at least.
Honestly i don’t get all the complaining. Is our recruiting at db elite? No but it’s good enough and our coaches have shown they can get guys with lesser talent to play at a high level. Those results should improve with the dbs we will be currently fielding the next few years

Advertisement
I think most fans don’t realize the talent disparity between teams in college football. It would take 2-5 years of great recruiting just to get on the level of teams like PSU, Georgia, Michigan, LSU, etc... This team isn’t catching Clemson or Alabama anytime soon if ever.

Miami should focus on building a team of top 25 talent with top 25 coaching and winning their division consistently. They should be able to win 10 games a year and a bowl game every year if they just play up to their talent level. A few years of this may change the Miami brand to the point where they can then start consistently pulling top 10 and eventually top 5 classes. They aren’t going to consistently recruit better until the results are better.

This is a long, long process and not for the faint of heart. Miami isn’t “back” just because of a bunch of hashtags and transfers. This team has more than enough talent to win the coastal every year and is bringing in more than enough to continue to do that. Talent wise this team shouldn’t get skull ****ed by Wisconsin - they should beat them by 1 or 2 scores. Talent and recruiting stars was never the problem. Miami’s roster from a recruit ranking point of view is a top 15-20 team last time I checked. Until the results meet or exceed that ranking recruits won’t be the difference maker. USC is no different - at some point the coaches have to develop the talent and implement scheme to maximize it to win - this team only had that on defense last year.

*****ing about defensive coaches who have developed talent and put out a defense that is consistently top 10-25 in all of football is weird. A competent offence and special teams makes this program completely different in the eyes of recruits.

who or what the f8ck is PSU?, Michigan?...Big 10 football is terrible.
This man really said it would take 2-5 years to catch up to PSU, Michigan, or even LSU?.. I didnt read after that because it clearly couldnt get better from there. Miami is in the RECRUITING HOTBED of the country...It wouldnt take that long of competency....let alone to catch the middling programs you named...save UGA who it only took them 1 recruiting class and some competency to have a shot.

Yep.

#1 in pass defense last year.

That includes ALL the D1 schools in the country.

Data are objective - not opinions.

Let's win some games for a few years in a row and see how much more the recruiting picks up across all positional groups.

Honestly i don’t get all the complaining. Is our recruiting at db elite? No but it’s good enough and our coaches have shown they can get guys with lesser talent to play at a high level. Those results should improve with the dbs we will be currently fielding the next few years

This gotta be addressed.
#1 & #2 DB 2018 (Ps2 & TC) OV- whiff
#3 & #4 DB 2019 (TS & Kaiir Elam) OV- whiff
#3 & #20 Safties (Lawrence, Lejond) OV/UOV-whiff

Bag game real but to go 0/6 on every top DB on our board.
Keep the unlikes coming. Gotta be a villain if you speaking the truth
Actually it’s not crazy to lose everyone of those if we can’t offer money as well

Advertisement
Our QB room last year was one of the messiest out of all P5 schools. Yet we have a stud QB committed to us, and a 2021 5 ⭐️ seriously considering us.
Our last RB coach was kicked to the curb. Yet even he himself snatched a 5 ⭐️ And despite changes we have a 5 ⭐️ RB currently committed.
TE and WR recruiting hasn’t missed a **** beat despite Manny cutting loose w Hartley and Dugans.
Point being that there’s a disparity between offensive and defensive recruiting. Our offense was the sole reason why we were held back last year yet the new offensive coaches are kicking a** in recruiting this year. None of those positional groups had to wait until players developed into 1st rd talent to start attracting elite recruits Brock and that’s the problem.

You know me. I'm one of Rumphs biggest defenders on the board. That doesn't mean we cant upgrade tho.

**** I look like waiting for T’cory couch and Christian Williams to be drafted 1st round in the 2023 draft, just for us to start landing 5 ⭐️ corners and safeties Lmao.

Advertisement
Back