Rumph/Banda

Advertisement
You dont need a Corey Raymond. You just need a competent guy....we have 2 secondary coaches that dont equal to 1 honestly. They both are guys learning on the job. We will see some growth if they continue to put guys in the league though.

Recruiting wise Banda has more of a shot than Rumph. But crooting aint for everybody.
I have more faith in Banda than Rumph and I agree with getting 1 competent guy but at this stage, I’m not sure 1 competent guy will compete against bags, need a savage or someone to stoop to their level.

That’s great and all except this ain’t a post to trip over a decommit. This a post to blow off steam because we missed what should’ve been a FT commit for us.

lol dude wanted to stay home and the ones that know him stated that much going into the weekend. his family wanted him home the entire time and they won out

How long have u followed recruiting?
I’ve been on this site Since 2011 w 2 different accounts, I’ve watched this board meltdown over Cook, Juedy, Hasselwood, PS2, TC and Stevenson and have kept my cool throughout, now is not the time my g

Lol at people thinking that most coaches are great at both recruiting and developing.

You're either one or the other, rarely both.

Advertisement
If the season starts and winning improves our recruiting. I’ll gladly eat my crow on the words said on this thread but its frustration missing out on every DB we go after.
Dude its already proven winning helps. 2017 was first 10 win season in 15 years and miami got its best class in years. Only had 4 decommits and 2 of those were drops and 2 came back in perry and blades. They still didn't get campbell, jobe, or surtain but we know what the deal was on those 3.

That’s great and all except this ain’t a post to trip over a decommit. This a post to blow off steam because we missed what should’ve been a FT commit for us.
Genuinely curious here - what made Lawrence a free throw commit?

That he had a cousin play here two head coaches ago doesn't seem like much of a connect - but I could be missing something.

lol dude wanted to stay home and the ones that know him stated that much going into the weekend. his family wanted him home the entire time and they won out
Dude wanted to stay home but had no issue with going to Clemson, had Clemson not been full? If we were operating like Clemson I suppose we’d be too much to pass up on

Once we start putting DB’s in day TWO of the NFL draft, and win more, they will come more frequently.

But no recruit is impressed by Redwine going in round 4 and MJ, Rayshawn, Colbert, Jaquan, Delaney going in rounds 5-7.

While I say that, DB recruiting has definitely been better than some ppl on this board make it out to be.

Advertisement
I’ve been on this site Since 2011 w 2 different accounts, I’ve watched this board meltdown over Cook, Juedy, Hasselwood, PS2, TC and Stevenson and have kept my cool throughout, now is not the time my g
I get it bro. Everyone is frustrated. But there is no such thing as a free throw elite recruit, especially one not in the state of Florida.

Majority of the DB's on the roster now will get drafted by a NFL franchise bc of a mixture of good recruiting and great developing.

Dude wanted to stay home but had no issue with going to Clemson, had Clemson not been full? If we were operating like Clemson I suppose we’d be too much to pass up on

well never operate like clemson. the moment we start dropping bags like clemson, well get the NCAA all over us.

Genuinely curious here - what made Lawrence a free throw commit?

That he had a cousin play here two head coaches ago doesn't seem like much of a connect - but I could be missing something.
For the same reason why Kaiir Elam was a FT commit to the gaytors. Not saying that a family member should land us every top prospect but Lawrence wouldn’t mind committing to Clemson if given the chance. The situation w his mother sucks but if him rather playing for a 5-7 UT next year than us should tell you the full story.

Raymond is not leaving LSU, he's a from Louisiana & played CB at LSU, it's literally his dream job.

Diaz is not getting rid of Banda or Rumph, that's just the reality. The fact is, until we start paying we're going to continue to miss on most high ranked DB's we go after.

What our staff needs to do is hit homeruns on evals & develop the guys we do get. If you payed attention to the 2019 draft, most of the high rated 4/5-star CB's went way lower than they were expected to & a bunch of kids who were not ranked high coming out of HS were all drafted ahead of them. What that means is that those were players who were developed & still played at high level regardless of the school they went to.

The thing that irritates me more than the misses, are the other kids that be available all year long & our staff just flat out doesn't recruit them until late in the year & then get left scrambling & usually don't get any of'em.

I feel we're way too picky with how we recruit DB's, there's so many good CB's/S's in South Fla & TX regardless of their ranking in every class that all end up going to P5 schools & we act like we're too good to take them while chasing after some unrealistic prospect that only ends up laughing at us & signing elsewhere.

Advertisement
For the same reason why Kaiir Elam was a FT commit to the gaytors. Not saying that a family member should land us every top prospect but Lawrence wouldn’t mind committing to Clemson if given the chance. The situation w his mother sucks but if him rather playing for a 5-7 UT next year than us should tell you the full story.

being a cousin and being a brother are very different imo. also, how involved was corn? i know ahmmon has said a bunch of times that he wasnt involved w his brothers recruiting in terms of pushing him one way or the other. could be the same here w corn. ****, DJax said he wont steer a single kid to UM or anywhere else while he was at booker t. corn prolly just wanted him to make the best decision for him bc at the end of the day, he likely cares more about his family than he does anything else

Raymond is not leaving LSU, he's a from Louisiana & played CB at LSU, it's literally his dream job.

Diaz is not getting rid of Banda or Rumph, that's just the reality. The fact is, until we start paying,we're going to continue to miss on most high ranked DB's we go after.

What our staff needs to do is hit homeruns on evals & develop the guys we do get. If you payed attention to the 2019 draft, most of the high rated 4/5-star CB's went way lower than they were expected to & a bunch of kids who were not ranked high coming out of HS were all drafted ahead of them. What that means is that those were players who were developed & still played at high level regardless of the school they went to.

The thing that irritates me more than the misses, are the other kids that be available all year long & our staff just flat out doesn't recruit them until late in the year & then get left scrambling & usually don't get any of'em.

I feel we're way too picky with how we recruit DB's, there's so many good CB's/S's in South Fla & TX regardless of their ranking in every class that all end up going to P5 schools & we act like we're too good to take them while chasing after some unrealistic prospect that only ends up laughing at us & signing elsewhere.

say it again so the whiners listen. no amount of winning will get you the guys you want. the bags combined w the winning will. i know D money proclaimed that winning will get you back. it wont. we could literally win 11 next year and James Williams still wont come here w Clemson, Bama, etc on his tail

I get it bro. Everyone is frustrated. But there is no such thing as a free throw elite recruit, especially one not in the state of Florida.

Majority of the DB's on the roster now will get drafted by a NFL franchise bc of a mixture of good recruiting and great developing.
It’s the frustration talking I know that, but when you missed out on Elias Ricks, Keshawn Lawrence and Lejond Cavazos 3 of who we were connected to their recruitment and will most likely miss out on Kelee Ringo. You tend to question things, I can only imagine CIS had we not have had Francois committed,

Advertisement

Diaz is not getting rid of Banda or Rumph, that's just the reality. The fact is, until we start paying we're going to continue to miss on most high ranked DB's we go after.

That’s why I fcks with you and your info big bro, I posed my questions out of curiosity and you answered them and ain’t call me or my fandom out, I know you know how frustrating it is whiff out on quality SFL DBs each year, I get missing on the big 5 ⭐️ dawgs cause of $$ but missing out on dawgs like Jaden Davis who go to Oklahoma and other examples like him. Unacceptable, I agree on the Evals but it ain’t like Rumph and Banda turning 3 ⭐️ DBs into 1st round picks. Ima see how different it is with 90% of Golden recruits gone.

Ahem may I need to say again jarrold pough needs to be a take.

That’s why I fcks with you and your info big bro, I posed my questions out of curiosity and you answered them and ain’t call me or my fandom out, I know you know how frustrating it is whiff out on quality SFL DBs each year, I get missing on the big 5 ⭐ dawgs cause of $$ but missing out on dawgs like Jaden Davis who go to Oklahoma and other examples like him. Unacceptable, I agree on the Evals but it ain’t like Rumph and Banda turning 3 ⭐ DBs into 1st round picks. Ima see how different it is with 90% of Golden recruits gone.
Tecoury couch is 10 times the player is and will be. Davis was not a take for any of the big 3 for a reason

That’s why I fcks with you and your info big bro, I posed my questions out of curiosity and you answered them and ain’t call me or my fandom out, I know you know how frustrating it is whiff out on quality SFL DBs each year, I get missing on the big 5 ⭐ dawgs cause of $$ but missing out on dawgs like Jaden Davis who go to Oklahoma and other examples like him. Unacceptable, I agree on the Evals but it ain’t like Rumph and Banda turning 3 ⭐ DBs into 1st round picks. Ima see how different it is with 90% of Golden recruits gone.
And please tell me the dbs we lost to none bag schools

Advertisement
Back