Rumours about Chip Kelly to UF

Advertisement
[TWEET]932445253629554689[/TWEET]

HAHAHAHAHA

https://giphy.com/gifs/SDogLD4FOZMM8/html5[video]https://giphy.com/gifs/SDogLD4FOZMM8/html5[/video] giphy.gif

[MENTION=13137]Jaromir Jagr[/MENTION] with a giant egg on his face again.

The story made zero sense. If Kelly does go to UF (which he might), the local news guys will confirm it, then the national guys will, THEN he will sign the contract, and then he will be introduced. Coaches agree to terms in principle and then it leaks. They don’t have some secret meeting to sign a contract.

Money isn’t an issue for Kelly. He’s making $7m a year from 49ers and Eagles for the next 3 years. Anything he makes from a school will simply be offset. He’s going where he wants to be.

If Kelly wants UCLA they will probably come to terms tomorrow. Similar to UT hiring Tom herman last year. Makes me think that that is what he wants and that’s why UCLA fired Mora already.

Advertisement
If Kelly wants UCLA they will probably come to terms tomorrow. Similar to UT hiring Tom herman last year. Makes me think that that is what he wants and that’s why UCLA fired Mora already.

That and they didn't want Mora dragging around the program for another month bleeding recruits while waiting to get ready for a meaningless bowl game.

Advertisement

That and they didn't want Mora dragging around the program for another month bleeding recruits while waiting to get ready for a meaningless bowl game.
Exactly. UCLA is in this.

If Florida wants to spend big money on a coach why don't they try to woo David Shaw away from Stanford?

I think that job has finally run it's course and it doesn't seem like he was ever interested in the NFL. Would probably kill it getting to recruit kids without needing a Stanford level GPA.

Wonder if this is, just formal gesture for his agent.
Seems like a lot of AAU (whatever that is) verified Twitter accounts have all said
The deal is done..
I’m guessing the AAU stuff is upper folks at UFAG

Advertisement
What's a better fit for an eccentric, older, wealthy, likely ghey man. Gainesville or West Hollywood. Tough choice

Advertisement
why would anyone choose to coach at UF over UCLA? Beverly Hills or some redneck hillbilly town with insufferable fans?

why would anyone choose to coach at UF over UCLA? Beverly Hills or some redneck hillbilly town with insufferable fans?

The only reason why I could see him passing on UCLA is his preexisting relationship with Nike and Phil Knight and not wanting to coach an Under Armour school.

No income tax is nice too.

I guess it's not that strange that some of our posters don't understand the way college football works. Ok, let me break this down: whatever head coach picks UF has to be a part time politician. It requires big time schmoozing with boosters and *** kissing. It's an SEC pressure cooker, where if you don't win immediately, you are out. Oh, and you have to recruit in an area that some of the best recruiters in college football call home. Kelly hates recruiting, hates playing the game with boosters, would be playing in a conference that has shut down his offense every single time, hates the college football schedule grind, and has zero recruiting ties in Florida. He's a smart dude. He's not picking UF, unfortunately for us because he would be Larry Coker without the personality and lead UF straight down the toilet for the next decade.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back