Rumor

Susan Miller Degnan chimes in

"A briefing for those of you wondering about the status of University of Miami senior safety Ray-Ray Armstrong and junior offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson:

I had originally heard rumors that Seantrel and Ray-Ray were dismissed from the football team. When I called UM to ask about those rumors, I was told by Chris Freet, the UM associate athletic director for communications and marketing, that UM declined to comment on anything regarding that subject and Al Golden was on vacation and could not be reached.

I also reached Ray-Ray Armstrong's dad, Albert, by phone a little while ago, and he told me he knew nothing about any Ray-Ray news."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...smissed-from-football-team.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
If it it's true about RRA, so be it, kid seemed entitled and never performed to expectations.

Henderson would hurt, but that could mean Bunche moving to RT and E. Flowers starting earlier than originally planned.

I don't know if I agree with this. I have never been a big fan of him, but unlike the others in his class, he stayed even though he probably would have been drafted as one of the highest (why I do not know, but a bunch of draft 'experts' seem to think so). I remember him and his dad saying good things about coming back. He isn't a very good safety and I could be totally wrong, but he doesnt give off the entitled vibe to me.

Not only that but it wasn't that long ago when everyone was patting Ray Ray on the back for having that youth football camp for some underprivileged kids. Ray Ray hasn't lived up to potential but I don't think entitled is how I would describe him. JMO.

If it it's true about RRA, so be it, kid seemed entitled and never performed to expectations.

Henderson would hurt, but that could mean Bunche moving to RT and E. Flowers starting earlier than originally planned.

I don't know if I agree with this. I have never been a big fan of him, but unlike the others in his class, he stayed even though he probably would have been drafted as one of the highest (why I do not know, but a bunch of draft 'experts' seem to think so). I remember him and his dad saying good things about coming back. He isn't a very good safety and I could be totally wrong, but he doesnt give off the entitled vibe to me.

Not only that but it wasn't that long ago when everyone was patting Ray Ray on the back for having that youth football camp for some underprivileged kids. Ray Ray hasn't lived up to potential but I don't think entitled is how I would describe him. JMO.

And you could be right Jhall, he just comes across as selfish and entitled, again I could be way off because I don't personally know the kid, just the perception I have got from his time here.

Advertisement
[h=3]UM Canes Ray-Ray Armstrong and Seantrel Henderson are the subject of rumors -- againA briefing for those of you wondering about the status of University of Miami senior safety Ray-Ray Armstrong and junior offensive tackleSeantrel Henderson:
I had originally heard rumors that Seantrel and Ray-Ray were dismissed from the football team, but those are apparently false. When I called UM to ask about those rumors, I was told by Chris Freet, the UM associate athletic director for communications and marketing, that UM declined to comment on anything regarding that subject and Al Golden was on vacation and could not be reached.
I also reached Ray-Ray Armstrong's dad, Albert, by phone a little while ago, and he told me he knew nothing about any Ray-Ray news.
Here's what InsidetheU is reporting:
"Armstrong discussed interaction with a booster via Twitter and the coaches have suspended him indefinitely, but as of today he has not been removed from the team. However, this situation should be closely monitored as there is current discussion within the coaching staff about his future with the team.
"In regards to Henderson, the players were given time off in between first and second summer sessions, but were expected to be back by Tuesday. Henderson arrived a day later on Wednesday and is currently serving a punishment, but is expected to return to the team in the near future."
Those last two graphs were reported by InsidetheU.com.
After speaking with various sources, and reading the report, it's obvious something is going on with these guys -- the exact extent of which is yet to be revealed by Al Golden (if, indeed, Golden reveals it).
Henderson, listed on the latest roster as 6-8 and 350 pounds, started nine of the 12 games he played in for the Hurricanes as a freshman in 2010. He played in eight games – two of which he started – after recovering from offseason back surgery as a sophomore in 2011.

Henderson, who played in high school at Cretin-Derham Hall in St. Paul, Minn., was the 2009 USA Today High School Offensive Player of the Year, the only lineman to ever win the award. He was ranked as the No.2 recruit in the nation by Rivals.com.
Henderson was suspended for the first weekend of spring practice in early March, 2012 for violating an undisclosed team policy. He also was the subject of rumors more than a year ago that referred to him getting in trouble and contemplating transferring.

Armstrong, who ended spring as the top free safety on the final depth chart, played in seven games as a junior in 2011, earning a start against Duke. He finished the season with 34 tackles, an interception and fumble recovery.
Armstrong was a 2011 candidate for several national preseason awards before being suspended by the NCAA for the first four games of 2011. He was suspended for accepting impermissible benefits from former UM booster Nevin Shapiro, whose relationship with the University of Miami is the subject of an ongoing NCAA investigation.
Armstrong also was suspended in November after going to dinner at Prime 112 steakhouse in Miami Beach with a friend who owns a public relations company that works with professional athletes, then tweeting about the dinner. He was later cleared of any wrongdoing in that situation.
In the spring game in April, Armstrong had an interception and a fumble recovery. Many believed he would enter the NFL Draft, but he chose to remain with the Hurricanes.
Rivals.com ranked Armstrong as the nation’s No. 13 player, regardless of position, as a senior in 2008.
I am on vacation and will be back for the ACC Kickoff in North Carolina.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...smissed-from-football-team.html#storylink=cpy

[/h]

And you could be right Jhall, he just comes across as selfish and entitled, again I could be way off because I don't personally know the kid, just the perception I have got from his time here.

Right, just saying since I have never met Ray Ray you can only go by what you know. I remember him coming across as very mature and very respectful when that video came out of his camp. He seemed to genuinely care about what he was doing. Just putting it out there.

has Ray Ray underperformed here yes.. But this same kid had 80 tackles and 3 int and made 2nd team all acc as a soph so let's not act like he hasn't done anything. Ray Ray missed 6 games last year due to suspension so last year was basically a wash for him.. Henderson was freshman all american and was hurt most of last year. Both players will be missed if there were gone stop convincing yourself that they wouldn't...

Advertisement
Has anyone seen Ray Ray's twitter?? It's obvious the dude is up to no good.. I hope he's off the team because he was crapon the field and he may be a negative influence on our young guys.

Has anyone seen Ray Ray's twitter?? It's obvious the dude is up to no good.. I hope he's off the team because he was crapon the field and he may be a negative influence on our young guys.

Post excerpts for those of us who don't do the twats and twits.

Word. I'm not reading that indecipherable bull****. I demand cliffs notes NOW.

Advertisement

He hasn't tweeted anything since Sunday. And that wasn't anything outlandish. But I'm still gonna
21.gif

has Ray Ray underperformed here yes.. But this same kid had 80 tackles and 3 int and made 2nd team all acc as a soph so let's not act like he hasn't done anything. Ray Ray missed 6 games last year due to suspension so last year was basically a wash for him.. Henderson was freshman all american and was hurt most of last year. Both players will be missed if there were gone stop convincing yourself that they wouldn't...

Ray Ray armstrong has been awful, just plain awful at safety for the Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement

Post excerpts for those of us who don't do the ****s and twits.

He hasn't tweeted anything since Sunday. And that wasn't anything outlandish. But I'm still gonna
21.gif

I've seen his twitter a couple of times before, I'm not a "follower" of his. I didn't say I saw anything related to what he's being suspended for; I've just seen things that suggest he's smoking weed (not a big deal to me, but you shouldn't even be hinting to that on a place like twitter) and he likes to flash material things. I don't know if he grew up rich but after all the **** that fell on us with boosters, players shouldn't be flashing anything or posting to everyone that they just finished a meal at a restaurant that 95% of us can't afford.

Advertisement
Back