Rumor: Multiple UF starters suspended game 0.

Advertisement
Slaton is probably their DT3. They still have Campbell, Shuler, Conliffe and Dunlap. Stewart made their biggest play of 2018 with a late int for a td vs LSU. They still have Taylor, Stiner, Davis. Huggins is battling for their starting nickel/star position along with Trey Dean.

Don't take the cheese and assume that UF has had such a poor offseason that they won't field a good team on 8/24.

Huggins and Stewart are two we wouldn't want to lose. Stewart, for all his inconsistent play, is still the "best" out of our solid bunch of safeties. I don't trust Shawn Davis and Stiner in pass coverage. Huggins is Deans' back up at the STAR and he has worlds of potential but he's messing that up obviously. Slaton? Not sure what to expect from him. He's done a bunch of nothing so far but losing an experienced albiet underachieving DT isn't something that's going to just be replace him and keep it moving.

I think the points are this:

1) you play with who you have available...no excuses
2) Miami NEEDS a quality win over a full strength Gators squad...it could help with that 1/10th of a point needed to edge into top slots for premier bowl or even CFBPO matchup
3) win/lose has zero effect on ACC-specific goals (other than confidence or momentum)
4) Here's to our Canes beating the god **** green off the lizards...

I never said those suspensions won't matter. You sound like a homer Miami fan before we played LSU in 2018.

"Slaton is probably their DT3. They still have Campbell, Shuler, Conliffe and Dunlap. Stewart made their biggest play of 2018 with a late int for a td vs LSU. They still have Taylor, Stiner, Davis. Huggins is battling for their starting nickel/star position along with Trey Dean.

Don't take the cheese and assume that UF has had such a poor offseason that they won't field a good team on 8/24."

Don't blame me for your idiotic posts.

Lol at wanting them at full strength. Why? This idea that they will make excuses if they are not at full strength, is f'ucking hilarious. It's the **** gaytors; they are going to make up excuses regardless! I don't care if everyone of those ma****ers get suspended, and Mullen have to field a team full of former gaytor football players that now call the Department of Corrections home. We can do this s'hit "The Longest Yard" style. I just want to beat the s'hit out of those inbreeding b'itches.

Preach @reg, preach!!! Just cuz those low life scumbags screwed the pooch and are getting suspended should mean that Manolo knows he can run up the score on the hated Gayturd on national TV and thoroughly embarrass their program and fans, just as LSU did to us last season. The only difference being I’m praying Manny doesn’t put the brakes on the carnage.

Advertisement
"Slaton is probably their DT3. They still have Campbell, Shuler, Conliffe and Dunlap. Stewart made their biggest play of 2018 with a late int for a td vs LSU. They still have Taylor, Stiner, Davis. Huggins is battling for their starting nickel/star position along with Trey Dean.

Don't take the cheese and assume that UF has had such a poor offseason that they won't field a good team on 8/24."

Don't blame me for your idiotic posts.

Ok, man.

Regardless of how much we despise them, UF will field a good team in 40 days regardless of what's transpired. They've had a bumpy offseason but are still easily the best team we'll play during the regular season.

Stewart is the starter at strong safety and Huggins his backup I believe.

Turdbarrel is their 3 or 4 DT.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them all play week 0 and then get suspended when UF plays Northeast Florida College of Partially Blind Midgets

If Stewart’s is the starter at SS then let’s pound the rock on them and PA over the top with JT, Osborne, and Pope. Exhaust their available secondary help, then pound it some more. I’m salivating with anticipation that Manolo smells the blood in the water and whips the team into a mad frenzy to crush the Gayturd

I mean we will probably have suspensions too, how often have we played an opener where the squad was just good to go?

Advertisement
Hearing rumblings that Edwards (not Stewart) was among those suspended. Obviously, Edwards is off the team now.

Slaton is probably their DT3. They still have Campbell, Shuler, Conliffe and Dunlap. Stewart made their biggest play of 2018 with a late int for a td vs LSU. They still have Taylor, Stiner, Davis. Huggins is battling for their starting nickel/star position along with Trey Dean.

Don't take the cheese and assume that UF has had such a poor offseason that they won't field a good team on 8/24.

Captain obvious over here.

Honestly don’t want one muthu****a suspended. I wanna go gator hunting when they full strength. I like to know I beat a ***** straight up no excuses !

Couldn't care less if their whole team is suspended. Same as injuries; it's part of the game.

No one is going to remember if any side was at full strength or not; the history books just remember who won.

Honestly don’t want one muthu****a suspended. I wanna go gator hunting when they full strength. I like to know I beat a ***** straight up no excuses !
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Ok, man.

Regardless of how much we despise them, UF will field a good team in 40 days regardless of what's transpired. They've had a bumpy offseason but are still easily the best team we'll play during the regular season.
Objectivity sucks...
:dbc:

Advertisement
Come on, you've heard of Turdbarrel Slaton. The 4-star OL who mistakenly thought his talent-evaluation and star-ratings were equally strong on DL.

Here's the thing, and I know it goes against the whole "I want the Gaytors at full-strength" BS.

I want the Gaytors to have multiple suspensions. ****, I'd be happy with them having 24 suspensions, every starter, plus the kicker and punter. Why? Because it would directly impact their childish "oh, that guy isn't going to impact the Miami game" nonsense. These Gaytor idiots act like depth doesn't matter, that only starters "impact" the game. They blow off every player-loss and STILL predict that they will beat us by double-digits and that their walk-ons will be playing in the second half.

One of the names we call them is U-IF, because they qualify every bad loss to Miami with "if...if...if". I have no problems with them making excuses that they were missing 26 starters. I don't care. When they lose, they will invent excuses about their second-stringers missing the game. I don't care, it's in their very Gaytor nature to make excuses. I'd prefer for them to keep dreaming about "woulda coulda shoulda".

They want to shoot off their mouths about how Miami isn't "relevant"? Fine. I hope they have more suspensions.

I will take pleasure in any victory over UF, any victory that follows the rules. It doesn't make me feel more "manly" to beat them when one of their players accused of sexual assault starts on August 24th.

F the Gaytors. Suspend them all.
We could have 24 starters out, beat them, and those idiots would say, "Our players practiced all summer long to face your starters, not the backups." Yes, they are just that good at excuse making. Well, not good at it, but really, really consistent with them.

Ok, man.

Yes, they are the tallest midget on our schedule. We get it.

And we have no idea what team we are going to see in 40 days. What if Franks blows out his ACL in summer practice? Would THAT change your analysis?

To use a simple example, Miami and the Gaytors had LARGELY the same levels of talent on each of their teams in both 2017 and 2018, with wildly different results in each year, for each team. There are factors that transcend simple talent that go into how a team will perform (or fail to perform).

The Gaytors have suffered several important losses of scholarship players, some disciplinary, some academic, some by choice, and some by injury. All of these losses are impacting the depth and psyche of the team. Maybe the Gaytors will transcend everything and these events will be catalysts for unity and team achievement. Maybe the team will descend into chaos.

But to simply say they are going to be a "good team" because most of their losses are not to starters is just silly.

Yes, they are the tallest midget on our schedule. We get it.

And we have no idea what team we are going to see in 40 days. What if Franks blows out his ACL in summer practice? Would THAT change your analysis?

To use a simple example, Miami and the Gaytors had LARGELY the same levels of talent on each of their teams in both 2017 and 2018, with wildly different results in each year, for each team. There are factors that transcend simple talent that go into how a team will perform (or fail to perform).

The Gaytors have suffered several important losses of scholarship players, some disciplinary, some academic, some by choice, and some by injury. All of these losses are impacting the depth and psyche of the team. Maybe the Gaytors will transcend everything and these events will be catalysts for unity and team achievement. Maybe the team will descend into chaos.

But to simply say they are going to be a "good team" because most of their losses are not to starters is just silly.

Ok cool. I hope I'm wrong and that these losses will contribute to a down year for them:

Injured:
LB Reese
transfers:
CB Edwards
DE Langham
DE Clayton
LB Jackson
LB Johnson
CB Steele
QB Jones

not expected to enroll:
OL Hammond
OL Wilson
WR Marks
WR Henderson

possibly suspended:
DB Stewart
DT Slaton
DB Huggins

That's over a dozen players that UF was counting on. It certainly leaves them a bit short on numbers/depth over the course of 2019. Obviously if their starting QB blows out his knee then we'd have a significant advantage. And if these suspensions occur then it will exacerbate any injuries they incur during camp. As of today, I think the teams are pretty even on paper. Our roster isn't perfect either with under 80 scholarships. I'd give UF a slight advantage despite the defections/suspensions because they've got more stability with a returning HC, OC, DC, QB, DB, special teams, and our S&C is a year behind. Expecting a close game no matter what.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back