Rumblings from the locker room

Nope... Harley for example prefers nkosi because hes dumb enough to use Harley & Wiggins (two recievers who run lazy routes and refuse to fight for the ball)as his safety blanket. I'm certainly no malik fan and yes the locker room is very divided but what you're discussing is the least of the problems. As I said weeks ago those transfer papers are coming regardless unless something drastic happens. Dont really get a feel of too many players liking either of these dudes as qb. Most that are at my house say how they cant wait till jarren gets in.

Just so we're all clear, define something drastic happening. At one point, swapping quarterbacks would have been drastic considering what we were fed in the preseason about Malik's lead in the position race.

Advertisement
I cant fam. If u look through my comments it's pretty clear though

I am okay with letting Williams continue to progress behind the scenes this season as long as he is given a fair shot next year. The fact that Perry was pulled this fast tells me CMR and Jr. are not high on Perry at the moment. I believe it was Mike Ryan who tweeted Perry has looked like **** in practice. At the end, CMR and JR. failed this Offense and are possibly in over their heads.

If the rumors are true, the transfers will set this program back. Next year, we won't have a Defense like this to bail Richt out. Lose to Florida, and it will get ugly as **** around here. Planes with banners will be flying over the BOT's houses.

i always thought jarren is the truth. i wonder if richt is trying to keep perry from transferring by not making him starter now but who knows

Advertisement
Richt himself said the 2nd INT was the fault of the WR cause Perry was anticipating him cutting towards the sideline, and he never did. What happens if the WR and he were on the same page there and it was a completion? What happens if that big 3rd down throw he made on the 2nd drive didn't get called back due to holding?

If you actually ******* watched the game the only really BAD pass he made was the first pick because he didn't see the safety. Thats a typical frosh mistake, not something you pull him for. Especially when the senior is ******* throwing into double/triple coverage the rest of the game and almost picks himself but he was lucky the DBs couldn't catch. Seriously His one true mistake is because his wr was open and he didn't see the safety in the middle of the field, and he gets pulled for that after barely more than one quarter! Only 4 ******* drives. Seriously go rewatch the first quarter. Perry was not the ******* problem.

No matter who's fault it was perry doesnt have enuff credibilty built up to justify leaving him in the game, its the 2nd quarter, you 3 of 6 for 20yrds and 2 picks, all im saying is, at that point when he got yanked, it could be justified. The sense of urgency he normally plays with, he didnt bring it to this game. Gotta lead the men no matter who the opponent. He'll have another opportunity, this will test his mental toughness.

Just so we're all clear, define something drastic happening. At one point, swapping quarterbacks would have been drastic considering what we were fed in the preseason about Malik's lead in the position race.
One thing that should be apparent at this point to all is the preference seems to be towards athletic unevolved quarterback play. We seem to trend towards qbs who have zero to little qualification as to why they should be playing the qb position at a p5 school LOADED with skill position studs hed not capable of involving due to his own limitations as a qb. Yes he has a cannon for an arm and malik is a tough kid. But they both have less of a skill set to play the position than deejay dallas basically(seriously for malik & only exaggerating a lil for nkosi.)wouldnt be surprised to see us try deejay at this point. Drastic would be finally understanding what the **** is going on when this kid gets on the field cause it's like a rig coming straight for him & he just freezes. He can play alot better but it requires a complete 180 of the way we call our plays. It would involve quick reads and short drops. We already run a **** ton of draws & bubble screens so what the ****. Drastic would be finally admitting football is football & winning matters more than lil petty **** or more than understanding the entirety of a playbook when the qbs ur playing only utilize 6-8 plays per game and struggle at that... if you need to manage a lil fine but than you gotta go with a qb who can take advantage of the oppurtunities presented. I've said since nkosi Jr year in high school I just dont see all this hype... I'm not gonna bash him cause I think his failures are Jon richts not his own. But the only qbs on the roster we can actually excel with are Cade or jarren. Jarren is far more advanced throwing the ball and making reads than anyone else on the roster. One thing I'll say about this transfer stuff is no one was hesitant about having these kids come here... these were kids the country wanted and we sweated our *** off over. If we dont talk sense into a decent number of kids RIGHT NOW trust its gonna hurt moving forward not only with what's currently on the roster but recruits wanting to come as well...

One thing that should be apparent at this point to all is the preference seems to be towards athletic unevolved quarterback play. We seem to trend towards qbs who have zero to little qualification as to why they should be playing the qb position at a p5 school LOADED with skill position studs hed not capable of involving due to his own limitations as a qb. Yes he has a cannon for an arm and malik is a tough kid. But they both have less of a skill set to play the position than deejay dallas basically(seriously for malik & only exaggerating a lil for nkosi.)wouldnt be surprised to see us try deejay at this point. Drastic would be finally understanding what the **** is going on when this kid gets on the field cause it's like a rig coming straight for him & he just freezes. He can play alot better but it requires a complete 180 of the way we call our plays. It would involve quick reads and short drops. We already run a **** ton of draws & bubble screens so what the ****. Drastic would be finally admitting football is football & winning matters more than lil petty **** or more than understanding the entirety of a playbook when the qbs ur playing only utilize 6-8 plays per game and struggle at that... if you need to manage a lil fine but than you gotta go with a qb who can take advantage of the oppurtunities presented. I've said since nkosi Jr year in high school I just dont see all this hype... I'm not gonna bash him cause I think his failures are Jon richts not his own. But the only qbs on the roster we can actually excel with are Cade or jarren. Jarren is far more advanced throwing the ball and making reads than anyone else on the roster. One thing I'll say about this transfer stuff is no one was hesitant about having these kids come here... these were kids the country wanted and we sweated our *** off over. If we dont talk sense into a decent number of kids RIGHT NOW trust its gonna hurt moving forward not only with what's currently on the roster but recruits wanting to come as well...
Part of us trending towards an athletic QB is because our oline is awful and if we have a statue back there like Brad, we would probably have a worse record. I'm done with Malik and obviously Perry either isn't smart enough or doesn't love football enough to be the man. I would love Cade or Jarren but what are the chances either of them start a game for us this year?

Dee I'd just like a little insight if you don't mind. Perry and Weldon were in Richt's 1st class, correct? Being it was his 1st class and he obviously had some catching up to do, were there any other viable QB options?

Obviously, Williams kind of fell into our hands. He was an EE, right? Is he just behind a bit because it's the QB position and takes time to learn or is there another reason he's not ready.

I' don't know if you noticed, but when our games have been on ESPN, they show a graphic that shows Perry was the #3 DT in his class behind Tua and the kid at T A & M Mond. Was this a fair evaluation? I, for one, appreciate your insight and info.

Advertisement
I prefer not to bring politics to the board.

However, I do approve of this post. Strongly.
Yes because Hitlery was such a wise and intelligent choice...
1539820937342.gif

Anyone on t
To start, no I won't reveal who I speak to for this information but I can tell you it's a player who I’m close with at school.

The player knows how involved I am with talking Canes and he gave me a vibe/said today that things aren't right in the locker room. Direct quote "it hasn't been a fun week for us." Players are down and pointing fingers.

To me, there seems to be a clear rift between players behind N'Kosi and the players behind Malik.

I don't think Richt understands the ramifications this decision could potentially have.

Using the Mike Harley tweets as an example, he was clearly upset with Richt's comments about the interception and he himself has never really had good chemistry with Rosier. Harley, like many on the team, need some help to get from CFB to the NFL. Rosier is inaccurate and is usually relying on certain receivers each and every play (last year: Ahmmon and Berrios. This year: Thomas).

Players wanted N'Kosi, beat FSU with N'Kosi, and are now stuck with Malik. Richt better figure this out before some players start submitting transfer requests.

Anyone on this board can come with some made up crap about someone said this but I cant say who, just like the scoop that Ahmon was benched because of what he said and not sitting out because he was injured.

I talked to a player 45 minutes ago that is a current Cane from Ga who said you are full of crap.

To start, no I won't reveal who I speak to for this information but I can tell you it's a player who I’m close with at school.

The player knows how involved I am with talking Canes and he gave me a vibe/said today that things aren't right in the locker room. Direct quote "it hasn't been a fun week for us." Players are down and pointing fingers.

To me, there seems to be a clear rift between players behind N'Kosi and the players behind Malik.

I don't think Richt understands the ramifications this decision could potentially have.

Using the Mike Harley tweets as an example, he was clearly upset with Richt's comments about the interception and he himself has never really had good chemistry with Rosier. Harley, like many on the team, need some help to get from CFB to the NFL. Rosier is inaccurate and is usually relying on certain receivers each and every play (last year: Ahmmon and Berrios. This year: Thomas).

Players wanted N'Kosi, beat FSU with N'Kosi, and are now stuck with Malik. Richt better figure this out before some players start submitting transfer requests.
Harley and NFL in the same sentence. Lmao

Advertisement
Lol. Well, that's as doom and gloom as it gets. This really, really sucks.

Part of us trending towards an athletic QB is because our oline is awful and if we have a statue back there like Brad, we would probably have a worse record. I'm done with Malik and obviously Perry either isn't smart enough or doesn't love football enough to be the man. I would love Cade or Jarren but what are the chances either of them start a game for us this year?

If we can hang in there until the last four games (not sure it includes bowl games) Williams can start and still maintain his redshirt based on the new rule. That’s my hope at this point as it seems that Perry is a bust.

Advertisement
A bunch of transfer request, although painful, might be the wake up call for this coach. With that said he seems as stubborn as Golden and doesn't seem to see leaves for the trees.
Thinking the depressing news might deserve a bit of levity, I would point out that Richt will definitely "see leaves" if there are "transfer requests". (Can I self-negg as "dumb"?)

This is what my reading comprehension and identifying of context clues has led me to believe after reading this thread since people speak in generalities and don’t put names or specifics behind much of anything:

Kendall Boy Cane has a friend on the team who shares info and then Kendall forms his own judgement and opinion based on what he’s told but then starts walking back stuff when he gets pressed for more specifics. Then exits stage left with the ol “I’ll tell you guys more later” line. The board can’t handle all your scoops all at once you gotta piecemeal this info?

Dee shares some inside info based on the relationships we know he has but holds back for his own personal reasons which at the end of the day who are we to question. No one seems to trust or believe in either Malik or Perry and Jarren seems to be the guy in the eyes of the skill position people.

Tweed reads this crap and says to himself what a bunch of morons some of the posters are with their bullcrap specilation and theories cause he knows it ain’t what people like the OP make it seem based on his relationship with Lo.

Our fan base is toxic man and at times despicable.

I stand firmly behind Coach Richt. This fanbase is spoiled rotten to the core!! He` s 23 and 9 and most schools would be good with that, but not here. I`m not crazy about Rosier starting either, but you people sound as if we won`t win again this year. SMDH

Dudes brainwashed

A bunch of transfer request, although painful, might be the wake up call for this coach. With that said he seems as stubborn as Golden and doesn't seem to see leaves for the trees. Any OC or DC who thinks 30 year old tactics are solid football, is really delusional. I really wonder if this is a case of not being able to teach an old dog new tricks. Time will tell.

So, 15 years of coming close or failing at UGA and the complete abortion at UVA weren’t a wake up call but a few transfer requests will be? Yeah, no.

Advertisement
Back