Ruiz (y Mas) vs Corben

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
PLEASE let them actually drag Lil Billy into court. I'm sure the retort from Billy will be a faux one fawning over the opportunity for discovery but he'd probably actually instantly **** his Star Wars themed Fruit of the Loom. He'd then go crying to Lebatard and Samson. Does Meadowlark have in-house counsel?!! I can't afford this!!

Advertisement
May not be popular, but everything Corben has been saying about Mas and the stadium recently has been spot on.
Except the part where he just conveniently poo-poos the fact that the public actually DID vote on it. Not to mention that he seemingly doesn't care that IF his efforts are even successful to save a crappy golf course of all things (and one that LOSES money) that it'll just equal gentrification in Overtown as the team already owns a parcel of land there.

And I say this as someone that obviously isn't a fan of Corben but also has almost zero interest in soccer too and thinks Mayor Suarez is a legit moron.

Advertisement
Except the part where he just conveniently poo-poos the fact that the public actually DID vote on it. Not to mention that he seemingly doesn't care that IF his efforts are even successful to save a crappy golf course of all things (and one that LOSES money) that it'll just equal gentrification in Overtown as the team already owns a parcel of land there.

And I say this as someone that obviously isn't a fan of Corben but also has almost zero interest in soccer too and thinks Mayor Suarez is a legit moron.
I'm talking the overall sentiment. Mas could care less about soccer; This is yet another real estate hustle; The public will be getting fleeced.

Advertisement
Awkward George Costanza GIF

People hate on Billy Corbem a lot. A lot of times, it's deserved. A lot of times, I think people just don't agree. He's spot on here. The Inter Miami stadium deal is a trash deal for the city/county. This is all about getting a massive real estate deal. They can build the stadium in the Overtown site Beckham owns and previously approved by MLS.

I obviously love what Ruiz is doing for the Canes, but what's he doing here? That's a stupid legal threat. I've never seem Billy say or so anything that is warrants a legal threat. Especially not here.

Advertisement
Advertisement

And this ignores that they‘ll never build in over town cause this has always been a land grab to build a mall and hotels and office space.

People hate on Billy Corbem a lot. A lot of times, it's deserved. A lot of times, I think people just don't agree. He's spot on here. The Inter Miami stadium deal is a trash deal for the city/county. This is all about getting a massive real estate deal. They can build the stadium in the Overtown site Beckham owns and previously approved by MLS.

I obviously love what Ruiz is doing for the Canes, but what's he doing here? That's a stupid legal threat. I've never seem Billy say or so anything that is warrants a legal threat. Especially not here.
Corben came at Ruiz a while back questioning his $ and attacking his credibility. This just two people who don't like each other

The overtown stadium idea always sounded awkward and absolutely terrible. This spot looks much more ideal, right next to the airport means Miami congestion proper would be lessened by events there as people who are flying in go straight into that complex etc.

If Mas wants to argue that the stadium can’t happen/doesn’t make sense without mixed use, that sounds logical. At the very least the price should def be revised to reflect the bat**** market the last few years.

But other than that don’t see how this is so terrible or dramatic. The Marlins stadium destroyed the orange bowl by comparison, this is some random golf course next to the airport.

Advertisement
Back