Ruiz (y Mas) vs Corben

Home to the First Tee Miami? Really? Yeah, that program is held at FOUR different golf courses in Dade, of which Melreese is but one.

I'm sure we could find another golf course in Dade. There are PLENTY of golf courses in Dade. There's no need to argue to keep a "public country club" open that loses millions of taxpayer dollars, simply because a youth program uses the course as one of its four locations.

People need to stop it with the nonsense. Costa Del Sol is what, six miles from Melreese? Pick a new location in north Dade. Let's just be honest.

First Tee Miami​

Open chapter link in a new window:www.thefirstteemiami.org

International Links Miami Melreese Golf Club
1802 Northwest 37th Ave Miami FL 33125

Costa Del Sol
100 Costa Del Sol Blvd Miami FL 33178

Redlands Golf Club
24451 SW 177 Ave Homestead FL 33031

Killian Greens Golf Course
9980 SW 104 ST miami fl 33176
my point here actually wasn’t to keep Melreese but merely pointing out it isn’t a cow pasture. The 3 courses you have listed are absolute trash. Miami springs would be a better option.

When it does go, I hope they focus on making the remaining county courses better because Dade public courses are pretty bad.

Advertisement
Melreese

Billy wasn't spot on. Matter of fact, he's really off on a lot of what he's saying.

Melreese does very little for the city of Miami aside from the kid's program you mentionad. That land sits in a prime location and could be put to much better use. Matter of fact, if the right deal is made it could generate millions of dollars for the city. The way it sits now it's only used by a select few. The voters of the city have spoken as well. Let's get this deal done. City should maximize what it can from the deal, but no reason to drag this thing out another year or two. First Tee can move their program to any of the multiple golf courses that sit within a 10-15 minute drive from their current location. There's no reason to hold this deal hostage over a children's program that not many people had ever heard of until the Inter Miami deal came along.
Never said they should. Just pointing out that it isn’t a dump like the country club of Miami or many other courses in dade.

I don’t live in the area, visit family in Fort Lauderdale often so I’m not fully in the loop but why are they trying to build another soccer stadium in Miami when they just built one in FLL that opened less then 2 years ago?

I don’t live in the area, visit family in Fort Lauderdale often so I’m not fully in the loop but why are they trying to build another soccer stadium in Miami when they just built one in FLL that opened less then 2 years ago?
Cause they need more buildings that no one will go watch stuff at....... Only thing I could come up with... LOL!!!

the facility in Fort Lauderdale is the practice facility/academy. Not uncommon. The dolphins just recently moved their practice facility onsite at Hard rock from Davie.

Advertisement
the facility in Fort Lauderdale is the practice facility/academy. Not uncommon. The dolphins just recently moved their practice facility onsite at Hard rock from Davie.

I know but the stadium is not really a practice facility or doesn’t have to be. Just change the name to Inter Fort Lauderdale and move on. Nobody will give a **** down here anyway about the team in the long run and if the hope is just to bring a 48 year old Messi here lol

I know but the stadium is not really a practice facility or doesn’t have to be. Just change the name to Inter Fort Lauderdale and move on. Nobody will give a **** down here anyway about the team in the long run and if the hope is just to bring a 48 year old Messi here lol
Because they brought a team to Miami not Fort Lauderdale...

Such a moronic take all around. Wow.

The Fort Lauderdale stadium was not "built". It's the old Lockhart stadium, just renovated.

Advertisement
This is a bit if a segue, and I'm fully aware that it's COMPLETELY unrealistic. However, as a soccer fan, fan of Inter Miami, and a fan who wants a soccer only stadium in Miami, I wish the Melreese site was turned into a public green space like Central Park. I love the concept of those old fashioned pu lic squares, etc and we could continue to build around it. Again, I know this is complete fantasy.

This is a bit if a segue, and I'm fully aware that it's COMPLETELY unrealistic. However, as a soccer fan, fan of Inter Miami, and a fan who wants a soccer only stadium in Miami, I wish the Melreese site was turned into a public green space like Central Park. I love the concept of those old fashioned pu lic squares, etc and we could continue to build around it. Again, I know this is complete fantasy.

a good portion of the park is slated to be an open green space

inter miami.png

I'm ALL for green spaces and and in the camp that Dade County doesn't have nearly enough that are actually able to be utilized by the masses but I don't think Melreese even fits that criteria based on its actual geography.

I mean who is getting there on foot?- which I think is a key component to urban greenspaces. Essentially only the neighborhood that abuts it to the east (Grapeland Heights?) could utilize it that way as it's surrounded by airport and highway on the other 3 sides.

Soooo it means people are essentially only going to get there by car....and that (like it or not) is always going to be more suitable for a mixed use development- that supposedly/hopefully WILL have a lot of green space.

Advertisement
i think the old stadium was demolished and what is there now is an entirely new stadium

"Demolished" is a bit much. Speaking from my NASCAR days, metal/wooden bleachers are easy to take down and/or reassemble. Seatbacks are easy to install. But the buildings underneath (bathrooms, snack bars, etc.) do not appear to have changed. It definitely is NOT a concrete soccer stadium comparable to what was built in Orlando or other MLS cities. Nashville just opened an amazing soccer-only stadium. St. Louis is building an amazing soccer-only stadium.

Lockhart is NOT in the same (no pun intended) ballpark as these other facilties.

Advertisement
“I think over the course of the next 60 to 90 days we’ll get a green light and go ahead there. I’m very confident, it’s a beautiful project, I think it will also transform the city of Miami,” he said.

Article was from 2019.

I support the new soccer stadium, but sometimes the words that are said are not as true as some would hope them to be.

Because it's for the reserve squad.

Advertisement
Back