Ruiz will try to buy Dolphins and Marlins.

Advertisement
Mickey has been one of the best owners in sports.

He stays back, hires the right people that know what they’re doing and doesn’t get involved. Supports the team with what they need
Yup. Wayne was willing to do what it took, but I suppose one could argue he didn't hire the right people..

Miami Marlins are worth $990 million.
Miami Dolphins are worth 3.42 Billion.

I wish Ruiz the best, but unless Ross is forced out by the league due to the Flores suit, I don't see him selling. Within 10 years, he has personally financed a $400M refurbishment to the stadium, built a brand new training facility for the team on stadium property, built a tennis facility, and will be running a Formula One race there. Plus, I think he loves the prestige of being an NFL owner. He has no problem spending money on the team. Unfortunately, he can't hire a GM or coach to save his soul. Finally, he already has an "owner in waiting", but then again, if Ruiz throws enough $$$$ his way who knows?

The Marlins could be bought, but he'd have to really overpay for them. The current group bought the Marlins for $1.2B. Hard to see them taking a $300M hit within 5 years of buying the team, especially when they are finding you can be profitable by being the recipient of luxury tax funds from MLB and continue to keep payroll low. Just ask Loria. lol

Advertisement
He did. He got an exemption. Then he sold the Marlins after Blockbuster Park was cancelled.

Ive wondered what would have become of Blockbuster Park now had it been built.
It would be closed by now..LOL

Advertisement
I rather he spend all that money he wants to spend on the dolphins And marlins on the canes. I kid I kid

Money or no money, owning one sports franchise is a full-time job, most can't moonlight at it with a high likelihood of success. Trying it with two is an almost certain fail.

Now that I say that, I’m trying to see successful dual sports owners in my head, & I can’t find one. Reinsdorf won titles w/ the Bulls & a title w/ the White Sox, but both have been a life time ago. Maybe some marginal success here & there, but pretty rare.

Advertisement
Wayne Huizenga, now deceased, was part was at one time an owner of the Phins, Panthers, and Florida Marlins. Besides locally, he was best known for Blockbuster.

I never met Wayne, but his sister Bonnie was as nice as they come and down to Earth for the 1 percent crowd. They had a **** of a place in the Bahamas, Harbour Island. Some know it as Pink Sands, a place that's been the shooting location for several Sport's Illustrated swimsuit editions. Quaint Island and her son, no clue what he's doing now was an absolute party animal.

The cross ownership thing, I'm not sure how that once worked, but 2018 was well after Huizenga.

Advertisement
To exact specifications, may I add.

And unlike Doak, it will have abundant, functioning restrooms.

Advertisement
Back