Ruiz will try to buy Dolphins and Marlins.

Fvckin!

1651847290055.png

Advertisement
Miami Marlins are worth $990 million.
Miami Dolphins are worth 3.42 Billion.

Buy Marlins stadium and let the Marlins out of their lease and turn into Hurricanes Stadium... Have no clue if it's even possible but ***** it , go for the gusto...lol

So we gonna start the narrative that Ruiz will buy the Marlins, move them to Charlotte, demo LoanDepot Park and rebuild a modern day OB?

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor
Be cheaper to just renovate it to a Football facility... I mean the structure itself is fine . Just needs to be gutted inside and redone...

So we gonna start the narrative that Ruiz will buy the Marlins, move them to Charlotte, demo LoanDepot Park and rebuild a modern day OB?

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

Honestly Im not 100% sure how an MLB team would fare in that market...the Knights are AAA (White Sox), and they are there...but MLB is a different story.

I would definitely attend quite a few games...so I 2nd, lol

Advertisement
Honestly Im not 100% sure how an MLB team would fare in that market...the Knights are AAA (White Sox), and they are there...but MLB is a different story.

I would definitely attend quite a few games...so I 2nd, lol
Thought I heard some whispers of the Carolina's wanting a MLB franchise a few months back, I just assumed Charlotte.

I've admittedly become a fair-weather fan so I'm very much out of the loop when it comes to most things MLB. I'm a Braves fan and when they won the Series last year it was fun watching and gloating at the bar surrounded by a few Astro's fans, but nothing like I'll celebrate when Mario brings us Natty #7.

Advertisement
NFL owners voted Tuesday to lift the longstanding cross-ownership prohibition, meaning they are now free to own a different professional sports team in cities that have an NFL team. That change, approved at the league's annual fall meeting, could have a significant impact on the sports landscape.Oct 16, 2018
Yea I got that rule totally backwards.
Not sure what the exact rule is but I know Terry Pegula owns the sabers and bills.

Dolan owns the rangers and knicks.

Stan Kroenke owns the rams, nuggets, and avalanche.

John Henry and his group own the Red Sox and just purchased the penguins. Different market.
That rule was why Kroenke had to set up the parent holding corp to own the Denver teams. Completely backwards on my part.

1. When MSP go public, are we allowed to invest ASAP? I’m trying to hit on that.

2. In a weird turn of events, & no, I’m trying to have a long argument or debate, but since it was suggested: Ruiz buys the Marlins, hypothetically. As owner, could he feasibly have a stadium for the U built next to it? 👀👀

Advertisement
It has a less than optimal configuration for football and I don't believe the Marlins own it so we'd still be tenants.
I understand the Marlins not owning it.... That's why I said buy and let them out of the lease.... Trust me I know it's all hypothetical talk but if it could work money wise I would prefer to go that route instead of building another venue....
Either way it's interesting if this is really gonna come about with Ruiz making these purchases ... Lotta different ways this can all play out that favor the Canes...

1. When MSP go public, are we allowed to invest ASAP? I’m trying to hit on that.

2. In a weird turn of events, & no, I’m trying to have a long argument or debate, but since it was suggested: Ruiz buys the Marlins, hypothetically. As owner, could he feasibly have a stadium for the U built next to it? 👀👀
I mean yea he could but why??? If anything do some more renovations that make it Canes friendly( and no I have no clue what that would be, just only thing I can come up with).

Advertisement
People are underestimating how much money he will have after they go public. I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again. He’s set to become one of the top 25 wealthiest people in the United States. That kind of money where he won’t be able to spend enough. In about 10-15 years he could easily double his net worth and be around $50B. That’s sooooo much money lol. He can do whatever he wants.

I mean yea he could but why??? If anything do some more renovations that make it Canes friendly( and no I have no clue what that would be, just only thing I can come up with).

I didn’t think, logically, The Dolphins would be as viable of an option like The Marlins, but I forgot Ross may be forced out due to the Flores situation. If he becomes owner of Dolphins, hypothetically, I can see Ruiz working w/ UM to make it a joint stadium by first & foremost, removing those teal seats. Lol.

At the end of the day, I like how he swings for the fences.

Advertisement
Back