Ruiz will try to buy Dolphins and Marlins.

Advertisement
By the end of this month MSP will make him worth over 30 billion.
I propose we create the CIS spac, where we put a blank check org on the market to fund a fictional business. Then, we all get rich. Just need to write the prospectus for the SEC

Advertisement
At $23 Billion he’s the richest guy in the state by a mile. However, considering the other types of commitments he’s already made, even this would put a stretch on him. More likely than not, if he was actually interested, he’d buy one of them only.
1/4 of his worth to get 2 franchises and 2 stadiums?

Thought I heard some whispers of the Carolina's wanting a MLB franchise a few months back, I just assumed Charlotte.

I've admittedly become a fair-weather fan so I'm very much out of the loop when it comes to most things MLB. I'm a Braves fan and when they won the Series last year it was fun watching and gloating at the bar surrounded by a few Astro's fans, but nothing like I'll celebrate when Mario brings us Natty #7.
Yeah I think there was some smoke about a team in Raleigh actually

Advertisement
If I became a billionaire during the pandemic, this is pretty much what I'd do, too.

one-of-us.gif

Henrys group also owns Liverpool FC
Yup and now he treats my Red Sox like a small market team. I appreciate what he’s done with Fenway and the World Series rings, but I’m sick of this guy letting homegrown talent walk because he won’t pay them while making it almost impossible to afford to go to Fenway.

Advertisement
Yup and now he treats my Red Sox like a small market team. I appreciate what he’s done with Fenway and the World Series rings, but I’m sick of this guy letting homegrown talent walk because he won’t pay them while making it almost impossible to afford to go to Fenway.
sorry, I care way more for Liverpool than I do the Red Sox or any MLB franchise..

Advertisement
So we gonna start the narrative that Ruiz will buy the Marlins, move them to Charlotte, demo LoanDepot Park and rebuild a modern day OB?

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor
no demo needed. Just reconfigure the seating layout.

Furthermore, the Ruiz family is a baseball family. I can't see them moving the team.

Last edited:
He could do it easily if the value of his spac is realized and proves sustainable. Would obvi use financing similar to Musk against his equity wealth most likely, that means he would have to sell relatively little to have the cash on hand. Also I’m sure he’ll rope in partners like Mas etc.

The obvious move is to start with the Marlins and then restore the Orange Bowl as the most sophisticated CFB stadium in the nation, event venue, etc.

Just do it.

1. When MSP go public, are we allowed to invest ASAP? I’m trying to hit on that.

2. In a weird turn of events, & no, I’m trying to have a long argument or debate, but since it was suggested: Ruiz buys the Marlins, hypothetically. As owner, could he feasibly have a stadium for the U built next to it? 👀👀
There's already support for a new OB next to Marlins Park. Shalala suggested that as a location a few months ago, the city commission is trying to create options for us at Melreese and they also own the 6 surrounding parking lots down there.

"I never wanted to leave the Orange Bowl and...I think the possibility of building a stadium; there's still space down at the Orange Bowl...to build a stadium large enough for UM." - Donna Shalala

I like that she still calls it the Orange Bowl, because that's what it is and forever will be. If Ruiz wanted a stadium next to LDP it would have a ton of support right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back