Ruiz was on WQAM talking Potential New NIL Guidelines

Technically bud, anyone providing NIL benefits to any athlete at any school qualifies as a booster for said school under the current NCAA guidelines. The definition is that loose.

What trips me out, is a big chunk of coaching salaries comes from boosters, too, but the NCAA clutches their pearls over alleged boosters breakin' off student-athletes. And the nerve of these b!tches wasting Congress's time over something they gave schools the green light to do.

Advertisement
I don't think the deals being compliant is an issue. The issue is if Ruiz was meeting with and offering recruits and transfers prior to their enrollment.

What's funny is Mims might have gotten fsu in trouble since he met with them and supposedly signed an NIL contract. If he did that prior to enrollment it would be a violation if these new rules hold up. At least thats my understanding
Im not sure, but i don't think signing an nil ahead would be a violation IF it is a deal that says they will show when needed-- at a moments notice--- or the deal is off.

There’s two different Miami’s. Pre cocaine it was a sleepy retirement/vacation beach town. After cocaine it’s a metropolitan city full of commerce and residences. Obviously today, the city is mostly legit but it owes it’s development to the boatloads of cocaine money that came through.
I respectfully disagree that cocaine built this town. It was huge pre-cocaine and only miami beach was retirees.

The weather, tourism, and beaches--- coupled with our taxes, made S. Florida what it is and what it would have always become.

Advertisement
Understood, but all we about know Ruiz right now is that He's a student-athlete benefactor, and a very generous one at that. Until the words "I am a booster" come out of His mouth, I don't think He is. As I previously stated, I didn't hear about Ruiz until this year, where were His major contributions until then? ****, it took us a century to build an IPF, Ruiz could've bankrolled the entire project then with as much fervor as He has.
No offense, but this is a ridiculous take. Does a murderer have to say 'I am a murderer'? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Does a murderer have to say 'I am a murderer'?

Some do, so yes. Look Bruh, Craig Anderson is as strict as it gets, He turned several of our former players in. Anderson wouldn't have let Ruiz do what He's doing if Ruiz was a booster. And until I see legitimate evidence that Ruiz is a booster, He's not a booster, period.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some do, so yes. Look Bruh, Craig Anderson is as strict as it gets, He turned several of our former players in. Anderson wouldn't have let Ruiz do what He's doing if Ruiz was a booster. And until I see legitimate evidence that Ruiz is a booster, He's not a booster, period.
Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive though; Ruiz can be a booster AND he can still be doing things within the NCAA rules. It's clear to anyone with commonsense that he is a Miami fan that is paying primarily Miami players (he has some not Miami players too) to advertise for his companies. What he (and I assume Miami compliance) is betting on is that b/c he is doing this through companies as opposed to collectives that were setup for the entire purpose of giving money to players, that what he is doing is ok by the NCAA rules.

Honestly, I don't think it matters as I don't think the NCAA is going to be able to do anything about even the ones that aren't following their rules. Are they really going to start pulling kids' eligibilities? The courts would crush them again. Penalize the schools? For boosters doing something that is allowed legally and (supposedly) not talking to schools about it (Tennessee just passed a state law making it legal for the collectives to talk to the schools about players). Even if they did, then the collective's just take the step of making sham companies or overpaying for services for existing companies that their boosters own. Who at the NCAA is going to decide what a sham company is or what the fair market value for different activities in different markets for different players? Even if they did, how are they going to enforce it? The NCAA couldn't even do anything to a school/coach where the FBI obtained evidence for them and that team just won the NCAA basketball tournament.

I am not sure if you’re serious or not ..
I absolutely am as that is more along the lines of what they thought/hoped was going to happen.

Of course anyone that even thought about this a little should have realized it was going to end up like it is now, although I do think that it got there a lot faster than most were expecting.

I absolutely am as that is more along the lines of what they thought/hoped was going to happen.

Of course anyone that even thought about this a little should have realized it was going to end up like it is now, although I do think that it got there a lot faster than most were expecting.
I’m pretty certain they didn’t expect major company’s to be the only ones interested in possible NIL deals to college athletes..

Even in those major company’s, you’ll find boosters. You don’t think Chick Fil A doesn’t have boosters from GT or UGA?

Dude...the FAQs published by the NCAA clarified that boosters can provide NIL money to athletes. Again, by definition, anyone providing NIL is a booster. The NCAA could never prevent boosters from providing NIL, the courts would kill them.

The issue isn't the fact boosters are providing NIL. The issue in this is long standing rules that boosters cannot directly contact athletes before they've enrolled in efforts to entice them to attend a school. Additionally, the NCAA wants to protect amateurism (which is a joke) and doesn't want NIL to be pay for play or attendance; see: collectives.

If you follow Ruiz at all, he claims lifewallet and cig racing has not done that, but even if they did, restricting when and how athletes can obtain NIL (especially when they're already in college; e.g. the transfer portal) flys in the face of the supreme court ruling and any judge would tell the NCAA to **** their own face.

The man had two kids go to school here, is remodeling baseball facilities, is helping build us a stadium, and you're questioning his booster status? Lol. Him buying season tickets to his son's games while they were at UM made him a booster. And under NCAA rule, once you're a booster, there's nothing you can do to get rid of that title

Last edited:
Advertisement
Watch...what will keep these schools from getting in trouble is 4 things.

1. Just as we cant entice someone with money to come here, their current school/booster cannot entice them with money to stay. Athletes will quickly realize they may get their current program screwed if they talk.

2. Some of these guys are fishing for better opportunities in hopes to drive up the price of the home team. They will incriminate theirselves.

3. Most of these boosters aren't reaching out directly to the athlete. Just watch the Zay interview. It's people casually talking with people in inner circles. The NCAA will have trouble getting everyone to talk. Zay said on his interview that he never talked to any booster/company directly.

4. Lawsuits.

Let's be clear here. These ADs just want some of these boosters to get alienated by the NCAA where they can no longer support a university. That in it's self will help level their playing field and keep the status quo. If they can get the NCAA to go after Ruiz and tell him he can no longer support the school, the other universities then have YEARS to get their NIL up and running before lawsuits settle

View attachment 185165
Lmao!!!! Danny Kanell don't want this smoke!!
Fvckin bytch..GTFOH
1652028010726.gif

Watch...what will keep these schools from getting in trouble is 4 things.

1. Just as we cant entice someone with money to come here, their current school/booster cannot entice them with money to stay. Athletes will quickly realize they may get their current program screwed if they talk.

2. Some of these guys are fishing for better opportunities in hopes to drive up the price of the home team. They will incriminate theirselves.

3. Most of these boosters aren't reaching out directly to the athlete. Just watch the Zay interview. It's people casually talking with people in inner circles. The NCAA will have trouble getting everyone to talk. Zay said on his interview that he never talked to any booster/company directly.

4. Lawsuits.

Let's be clear here. These ADs just want some of these boosters to get alienated by the NCAA where they can no longer support a university. That in it's self will help level their playing field and keep the status quo. If they can get the NCAA to go after Ruiz and tell him he can no longer support the school, the other universities then have YEARS to get their NIL up and running before lawsuits settle
What might blow it up is a highly ranked player who while a great college player is not necessarily an NFL prospect. Think a quarterback in the mold of Ken Dorsey, Major Harris or Eric Crouch. So his primary money making opportunity is in the here and now - in college football. Either the NIL collective doesn't up their pay when the next hot recruit comes in....or the NIL decides not to pay them 100% of what was agreed upon verbally. The kid decides to go nuclear with texts and destroys the college program in the process. Basically a player-driven version of the Shapiro scandal.

Advertisement
What might blow it up is a highly ranked player who while a great college player is not necessarily an NFL prospect. Think a quarterback in the mold of Ken Dorsey, Major Harris or Eric Crouch. So his primary money making opportunity is in the here and now - in college football. Either the NIL collective doesn't up their pay when the next hot recruit comes in....or the NIL decides not to pay them 100% of what was agreed upon verbally. The kid decides to go nuclear with texts and destroys the college program in the process. Basically a player-driven version of the Shapiro scandal.
Players opening their mouths have always been a concern.... If you're playing dirty ( Player and Booster/school) then there's always risk of blowback...
And by no means am I saying you're wrong...

Major Harris, now there's a blast from the past LOL. But real talk, Harris could've played in today's NFL game, He was the late 80's version of Kyler Murray.

I respectfully disagree that cocaine built this town. It was huge pre-cocaine and only miami beach was retirees.

The weather, tourism, and beaches--- coupled with our taxes, made S. Florida what it is and what it would have always become.

I’m pretty certain they didn’t expect major company’s to be the only ones interested in possible NIL deals to college athletes..

Even in those major company’s, you’ll find boosters. You don’t think Chick Fil A doesn’t have boosters from GT or UGA?
Of course I realize those companies have fans/boosters, but major corporations generally aren't going to let their employees spend money that wouldn't result in some type of positive financial return on investment.

The same thing to a lessor extent with local businesses; the NCAA's intent that was even if it was a local company that was owned by a fan/booster that was paying the kids for doing commercials, signings, etc that they would be paying them amounts that made sense financially (i.e. the publicity be worth the investment).

In reality, although there have been some of those (what the NCAA would call) "legitimate" deals, we have now gotten the collectives and similar who are clearly buying the kids and the return on investment is that fan's enjoyment in seeing his/her team potentially win.

I am not saying that I agree with the NCAA and think they were incredibly short-sighted if they really believed that it wasn't going to play out exactly how it has, but that is the differentiation the NCAA is trying to make.

Advertisement
Back