Ruiz was on WQAM talking Potential New NIL Guidelines

Screenshot_20220506-163032_Chrome.jpg

Lmao!!!! Danny Kanell don't want this smoke!!
Fvckin bytch..GTFOH

Advertisement
#7 is a concern. I get an uneasy feeling they might not be best equipped for this new era.

Craig Anderson is our compliance guy, He was the one that outed Grace & AQM in the exotic car thing. Plus we were one of the only schools in the Country to hire an exclusive compliance person during the Shapiro scandal. And we were one of the 1st schools in the Country to start implementing NILs with the gym owner & College Hunks. We were very prepared.

Advertisement
Craig Anderson is our compliance guy, He was the one that outed Grace & AQM in the exotic car thing. Plus we were one of the only schools in the Country to hire an exclusive compliance person during the Shapiro scandal. And we were one of the 1st schools in the Country to start implementing NILs with the gym owner & College Hunks. We were very prepared.
This. He was also involved in the Dewan Huell fiasco. If he is involved in approving our NIL deals, you can bet they are compliant.

Summary:
1. 503c that are opened for NIL and have 100% marketing budget are going to get burned.
2. He has legitimate business that he is trying to market. Has spent $5million and he estimates has received $200 million in branding.
3. He only Tweets after they have committed
4. He doesn’t get into bidding wars. He assigns a marketing value to player and sticks with it
5. Has tried educating families not to chase the money but seek best playing opportunity to succeed to increase their worth. Believes families are being taken advantage of.
6. wants players to be interviewed by Joe to understand his process.
7. He does everything through UM compliance dept. He’s proposed ideas that were rejected by UM compliances.
Good advise to families and good avoidance of bidding wars.

Is he competent?

Advertisement
This. He was also involved in the Dewan Huell fiasco. If he is involved in approving our NIL deals, you can bet they are compliant.

I don't think the deals being compliant is an issue. The issue is if Ruiz was meeting with and offering recruits and transfers prior to their enrollment.

What's funny is Mims might have gotten fsu in trouble since he met with them and supposedly signed an NIL contract. If he did that prior to enrollment it would be a violation if these new rules hold up. At least thats my understanding

Advertisement
I don't think the deals being compliant is an issue. The issue is if Ruiz was meeting with and offering recruits and transfers prior to their enrollment.

What's funny is Mims might have gotten fsu in trouble since he met with them and supposedly signed an NIL contract. If he did that prior to enrollment it would be a violation if these new rules hold up. At least thats my understanding
I would just say, with what I know about UM Compliance, everything going on would be compliant. They would shut everything down if anything wasn’t being done right.

Man we told you guys that Ruiz is literally the smartest person in the room on this issue. He has so far ahead of other programs and the NCAA. And he is working with his lawyers and UM lawyers.
And the 2nd smartest person in the room is Mario. We have very good people on top of this.

Now that that is out of the way...I hope the NCAA destroys those schools that are cheating with NIL to help recruit athletes. How dare they. Thankfully the good people at the NCAA will take care of this (insert as many laughing emojis as possible).
Exactly. The NCAA isn't going to move forward on anything that can hurt the blue bloods and SEC. The moment the NCAA ****heads realize they can't hammer UM this **** will fade into the background and it'll be a free for all.

Was Mims was still enrolled at UGA when he met with Fsu?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back