Ruiz vs Corben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This is the problem, people like yourself think anyone asking legitimate questions about this guy are "Anti Ruiz", when in reality, we want to have a **** program. If you think Ruiz hasn't raised some red flags, you have some serious blinders on. Dude is wealthy, but it's obvious that he talks despite not having a clue of what he speaks, he makes promises that anyone with an IQ above 70 knows are unlikely AT BEST. That's not a good thing, especially knowing that the NCAA(run by the SEC) is desperate for anything that can limit us on the national scene.

Shut up.

Problem is that Heitner didn't do that work. That brief reads like trash, that's the kind of brief that gets drawn up by a 2L for mock, and it's made fun of.

Where did I say a word about Heitner? I did not. Ruiz owns a prominent and very successful law firm.

You guys all realize that if he breaks the law he could get disbarred, right? There are 100 reasons why this is legit, but sorry, some of you have decided who can and can't tweet.

Also,

Again,

NIL IS ****1NG LEGAL!!!

This is the problem, people like yourself think anyone asking legitimate questions about this guy are "Anti Ruiz", when in reality, we want to have a **** program. If you think Ruiz hasn't raised some red flags, you have some serious blinders on. Dude is wealthy, but it's obvious that he talks despite not having a clue of what he speaks, he makes promises that anyone with an IQ above 70 knows are unlikely AT BEST. That's not a good thing, especially knowing that the NCAA(run by the SEC) is desperate for anything that can limit us on the national scene.
Actually I think the difference is there are Canes fans that if the NCAA was inquiring about Ruiz would try to beat the NCAA to his office to burn anything that looked like evidence and then there are those here trying to provide the NCAA evidence by playing nervous detective, are jealous for some reason, or seem to care a little too much that they keep looking for the negative.

I’ll bring the lighter.

Even if there are fans that have their head in the sand about Ruiz, who cares, they aren’t bringing risk to the U vs those acting like forensic accountants against him…

Advertisement
Where did I say a word about Heitner? I did not. Ruiz owns a prominent and very successful law firm.

You guys all realize that if he breaks the law he could get disbarred, right? There are 100 reasons why this is legit, but sorry, some of you have decided who can and can't tweet.

Also,

Again,

NIL IS ****1NG LEGAL!!!
That brief is bad, really, really bad. It's almost like the brief was written as an afterthought, like they know full well that this case is iffy at best but someone wanted the headlines.

NIL may be legal, but there are parameters in place. The school doesn't want even the hint of impropriety, because we won't be given the benefit of the doubt.

That brief is bad, really, really bad. It's almost like the brief was written as an afterthought, like they know full well that this case is iffy at best but someone wanted the headlines.

NIL may be legal, but there are parameters in place. The school doesn't want even the hint of impropriety, because we won't be given the benefit of the doubt.

Correct me I am wrong, they are suing so that HS kids can get NIL, right? I haven't said a word about it, cause I'm not really interested in it quote yet.

I have exclusively commented on Ruiz' donations and support of LEGAL NIL for UM ATHLETES. Separate topic.

We have a wealthy donor, who is an ATTORNEY, that has has clearly been setting up shells/LLC's to do things the right way. You really think an attorney with an incredibly lucrative and large practice is going to make small stupid mistakes when it's just as easily to do everything LEGALLY cause NIL's are LEGAL... and risk DISBARMENT?

These aren't corner boys, y'all. Chill.

I'm absolutely a condescending jerk. I just try to refrain from ***-for-tats directly with actual individuals on here because it's almost always pointless and boring for everyone else and I actually like or at least tolerate most people on here.

No big deal. We just differ greatly on Corben and I have very strong opinions on guys I view as frauds around this program.
No worries my bad also…. I have similar strong opinions even if differing. But we do agree on wanting canes to do well.

Correct me I am wrong, they are suing so that HS kids can get NIL, right? I haven't said a word about it, cause I'm not really interested in it quote yet.

I have exclusively commented on Ruiz' donations and support of LEGAL NIL for UM ATHLETES. Separate topic.

We have a wealthy donor, who is an ATTORNEY, that has has clearly been setting up shells/LLC's to do things the right way. You really think an attorney with an incredibly lucrative and large practice is going to make small stupid mistakes when it's just as easily to do everything LEGALLY cause NIL's are LEGAL... and risk DISBARMENT?

These aren't corner boys, y'all. Chill.
He's an attorney, yet signed off on this poorly conceived, poorly executed brief. His firm is successful, but it's obvious that like Ruiz, attention to detail may be an issue. It seems as if headlines matter more than substance.

Ruiz is a very high risk, high reward guy. If this SPAC deal goes through, dude will have a ton of money, and is willing to spend. As long as the checks clear, then I think many are willing to put up with his quirks.

Advertisement
He's an attorney, yet signed off on this poorly conceived, poorly executed brief. His firm is successful, but it's obvious that like Ruiz, attention to detail may be an issue. It seems as if headlines matter more than substance.

Ruiz is a very high risk, high reward guy. If this SPAC deal goes through, dude will have a ton of money, and is willing to spend. As long as the checks clear, then I think many are willing to put up with his quirks.

Sigh. And if the SPAC deal falls though, dude still will still have a ton of money. So weird how so many people can't see to process that.

Also,

Again,

NIL IS ****1NG LEGAL!!!
no one is arguing NIL isn't legal.

for the NIL deals, as long as the kids that are promised the money get it, im good. also, it has to be structured in. a way where it doesn't harm their NCAA eligibility. ive read the contract that the kids signed with American top team. it was done by heitner. as long as its structured similarly, it'll be legal. if not, then issues will come.

Advertisement
I know. Just curious if their money guys are all over Twitter talking about it??
I really haven't seen their boosters. look Ruiz is miami. he was a relatively unknown rich dude before this. he now has pub and likes it. like I said, if the pledges are fulfilled, I am absolutely fine with it. idc bout the social media talking. the only thing I wanna know is what is behind the curtain as it relates the stuff being discussed internally that mike Ryan pointed to in a tweet. hes a rich dude without the merger so **** be fine. I just want those kids who are signing deals iwht him to get their money as long as they fulfill what they're supposed to. I assume the deal with life wallet if LTs agent let him sign it.

Sigh. And if the SPAC deal falls though, dude still will still have a ton of money. So weird how so many people can't see to process that.
Agreed. People seem very worried about someone else’s wallet. It’s like they want it to fail… when out of the other side of their mouth they are claiming to only worried about the U…

Agreed. People seem very worried about someone else’s wallet. It’s like they want it to fail… when out of the other side of their mouth they are claiming to only worried about the U…
I think people just want to make sure the money is there. hes rich no matter what but pledging the money and actually fulfilling the pledge are two different things. as long as the money hes promised to the kids and the school is actually sent, no one gives a flying **** about him and his talking. he screams shady miami w his talking esp since all we know bout him is his law firm. The Soffers run a huge real estate group and own a quite famous hotel that was can point to as money being tangibly there. also, idk if you talked about his law firm or someone else, but just bc someone runs a successful law firm doesn't mean its on the up and up. see Strems Law Firm.

Advertisement
I would hope no real Canes fans would want to see Ruiz family fail. I am just curious if they have the money right now without their deal for all this stadium talk.

I would hope no real Canes fans would want to see Ruiz family fail. I am just curious if they have the money right now without their deal for all this stadium talk.
they have money. they don't have the Merger billionaire money right now. that's dependent on the merger. I hope they're doing these deals and donations with the money they currently have and not what they hope to have following the merger.

I think people just want to make sure the money is there. hes rich no matter what but pledging the money and actually fulfilling the pledge are two different things. as long as the money hes promised to the kids and the school is actually sent, no one gives a flying **** about him and his talking. he screams shady miami w his talking esp since all we know bout him is his law firm. also, idk if you talked about his law firm or someone else, but just bc someone runs a successful law firm doesn't mean its on the up and up. see Strems Law Firm.

Yeah, so it's not your job to "make sure" the money is there. You have nothing to do with this. You're a dude on a message board. At best you just get to enjoy the fruits of other's labors here. Say thank you. The U has professionals in place that handle earmarked philanthropy. You have no idea what kind of contractual paperwork has been executed between the Ruiz' and the U and his pledges.

Basically you are completely ignorant to literally every single transitional detail. So why baselessly speculate and defame a family that has not only ALREADY given millions to the U (that has to sting) but is publicly committing to support a myriad of projects at the U, helping to bring us back to where you claim you want us to be?

Some people are incredibly good at finding create ways to be miserable. Or maybe hating on people they are innately jealous of is what actually makes them happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back