Ruiz Stadium update?

Advertisement
I really don't see the need for a new stadium. Miami is a tiny private school so it's not like the student section is taking up a big part of any stadium. Would be better to put that money into making the practice facilities the best in the country and just continue playing at Hard Rock, a stadium that hosts a Super Bowl every couple of years.

Advertisement
The current county mayor does have a UM law degree so she might be slightly receptive to a private citizen offering to pay for a complete overhaul of a currently decrepit eyesore in the heart of the county. A brand new park is in everyone's best interest.

What are the chances of this actually happening?
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Advertisement
Interesting that there are no luxury boxes/suites in the renders. Assuming that's facing east you're looking at most 100 ft of "waterfront" before the beautiful sightlines provided by the 826. The second render has a motorboat in a concrete pool, very strange.

I really don't see the need for a new stadium. Miami is a tiny private school so it's not like the student section is taking up a big part of any stadium. Would be better to put that money into making the practice facilities the best in the country and just continue playing at Hard Rock, a stadium that hosts a Super Bowl every couple of years.
What if the other part is already happening? What if Ruiz says this is where I want my money to go specifically? What if Mario and Rad said they need this and it is a priority? You’re drawing an awful lot of assumptions and conclusions here.

There are things in motion behind the scenes already. I will give you a case in which Baptist Hospital purchased land to build a hospital in Sunrise just off Sawgrass Expressway and Oakland Park Blvd near Fla Panthers arena. The wheels for this were in motion 2 years before they formally announced it was happening which caused Broward Health to speed up a project because they've had land in Sunrise for 20 plus years and did nothing with it.

Also Tropical Park is not City of Miami, its run by the county and yes they could build something there if it is going to benefit the county and community in the long run which is what Ruiz wants to do. He wants this to be not just a stadium but multi purpose facility, shops, restaurants etc.

Are there many hurdles that are going to need to be cleared? Absolutely thanks to the Marlins fiasco, but its not impossible

People can crap on Ruiz if they want but I will say this... at least the guy is trying to attempting to do something for the program.
So he plan to build something similar to The Battery that the Atlanta Braves built for Truist Park. That’s a great idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that there are no luxury boxes/suites in the renders. Assuming that's facing east you're looking at most 100 ft of "waterfront" before the beautiful sightlines provided by the 826. The second render has a motorboat in a concrete pool, very strange.
It's probably just retaining walls. They portray the water as blue because the root beer colored pond water in FL isn't very attractive.

Walt Disney hired Gee and Jensen IIRC to investigate if he could make the lakes more attractive and the tannins that come from the pine trees prevents it.

Advertisement
The current county mayor does have a UM law degree so she might be slightly receptive to a private citizen offering to pay for a complete overhaul of a currently decrepit eyesore in the heart of the county. A brand new park is in everyone's best interest.
Not saying it gets done but this is what is smart about this proposal. He isn't just looking to build a stadium for UM. He was smart enough to include essentially improving the rest of the existing park around it and looking to add businesses, etc.. It ultimately would serve the whole community which likely at least improves the chances from like less than 5% to closer to 5%

this is risible at best. if anything she probably hates football as much as Donna Shalala.

do you know anything else about her? about the commission?

this is risible at best. if anything she probably hates football as much as Donna Shalala.

do you know anything else about her? about the commission?
No sir but I'm envisioning Irma Kostroski and the Santa Monica city council

Advertisement
I absolutely can see how some people fancy themselves as "realists" and would take a pessimistic view on this actually coming to fruition. Understandable.

The thing I can't respect are the clowns in our fanbase that initially came out as suspicious of Ruiz and now are continuously doubling down on that notion about everything he does or is trying to do even after he's proven them wrong on their initial doubts.

The only thing worse than that are the jackasses that are seemingly just trying to get social media attention for THEMSELVES as they religiously claim that Ruiz is just in all of this for the clicks and follows.

Stubbornness and attention whoring obviously are more important to these supposed Canes fans than anything good for the program.

Advertisement
Back