Ruiz Stadium update?

Advertisement
Advertisement
First off. Dope. For real. I think the concept is great.

But I have nothing better to do so some comments knowing full well this is a beggers can't be choosers situation:

-Love the horseshoe design like the OB. Needs to be that way.
-Trying to figure out the retractable roof but not a fan of playing on a field that has shadows like that, curved and random. My first thought was that the roof opens and closes like a shutter but can't really understand. Interested to see that aspect
-I think they can make that view real special out the East end zone onto the lake. Love that
-I don't see any luxury boxes rendered in, found that interesting
-Big fan of the palm tree aesthetic. I'm very much behind making a stadium feel like you're in Miami in a natural way. I always loved the palm trees in the East end zone at the OB. Rarely can you see a stadium and instantly know, "Oh, that's (insert city or location)".
-This would probably be the most cutting edge stadium in all of college football

Either way, if this stadium gets built the rest of CFB can shut up about "BuT tHeir StaDiuM!!!". Ruiz is doing an incredible thing here.

Advertisement
Question; w/ all the stadium talk, can anyone remember it getting to this point, b4?
The half-assed renovation proposal for the OB had some renderings iirc. Otherwise, no.

1661244901882.png

Does Ruiz get a statue outside if he builds it? I can hear opposing fans now, *insert SpongeBob meme* “but their stadium isn’t even on campus”.

Advertisement
Looks insane. Would put a staple on what is already the biggest entertainment destination in the country… by a mile

From an approval standpoint and such… what is quickest way this big of a Project could get approved? We looking years out for just the approval?

Advertisement
Renderings don't really show much but the little it does show, looks awfully good. One can only dream and hope.
I don't know the hurdles, city vs county, but I do know this stadium is aesthetically beautiful and state of the art. Without adding a bunch of jibberish I know nothing about or have any insights, I will say this stadium would be a HUGE benefit to The U Football. Like nothing seen anywhere in College Football.

Looks insane. Would put a staple on what is already the biggest entertainment destination in the country… by a mile

From an approval standpoint and such… what is quickest way this big of a Project could get approved? We looking years out for just the approval?
Approval can go pretty quickly if impact studies, traffic, noise and environmental etc., have already been completed and little or no public funding required. The biggest hurdle may come from nearby residents, park users and the general public, but the stadium and how it fits and maintains park use and facilities remain available and, in some ways, enhanced.

Advertisement
Back