Ruiz addresses Shalala

Advertisement
Advertisement
If CG highschool isnt game, Ruiz should knock down the Dadeland mall. F- it. Buy your stuff on Amazon like you do anyway!
Nah but mall of the Americas is 100 game to knock down but not enough land on either site

Hard rock is built on a 160 acre site. Tropical park has 264 acres and used to be a Horse Track built by liquor bootleggers. It wasn’t until 1979 that it became a dade county park.

You can access the park from both bird road and Miller drive. Miller drive actually takes you directly to the campus about 3 miles away. It’s right next to the palmetto that has exits on both of the streets I mentioned. It also has access to the Don Shula that can take you to the turnpike south.

That area of Miami is hard core Cane fan territory as well. Its about as Miami as Miami can get. La carreta, the first Sergio’s, bird bowl, tropical Chinese , Southwest, coral park, south Miami, and Columbus high schools are all less than 10 minutes away.
There is so much space you can create a small restaurant and shopping village in it as well.
View attachment 166215
Look how small tropical stadium is. That’s a 100 yard football field it looks tiny. You can have a parking garage and still have plenty of tailgating space.
The tax revenue and employment opportunities are huge. You can even build a **** satellite building for the university on it.
not enough parking plus they have filled in two of the parcels on the north boundary next to bird road with two new buildings.

That's a misunderstanding of how we got here. Miami has never supported it's football team, but in the past coaches were able to get past that. Today they can't. Sure, Donna failed to modernize and change with the times, but she's not the reason we're here. We're here because past Miami leaders never prioritized football so it never became a central part of the university culture. At OSU or bama, most people think the university exists to serve the football team, and Miami's never felt that way. Football never became a thing you just don't f**k with at Miami. ****, Tad never gave a sh*t about football, and it didn't start with him either.
She was, using your words, a “past Miami leader”

I agree with this. The "arms race" that is college athletics went up several notches in the mid 2000's. We've never tried to keep up and it coincided with the program falling off. She still sucks though because she went along with Manny, Sr. to rid us of the OB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Neg away, but Ruiz needs to put the money to get the university's academics at least to where Donna had them until right before the Nevin story broke and Miami's reputation was sullied. Tied with FSU? UF 27 spots higher? Ruiz needs to take that SPAC coin and get UM to a place where demanding the tuition it does is worth it.

To be honest, I wouuld rather have Hard Rock with roof and mosterous noise (I was at the ND game) then some UCF Bouncy House erector set staduim that will probably collapse (hopefully with no one in it).
Now check where academics were when Dahhhhna arrived in Coral Gables. She did nothing on that front aside from tank the law school and preside over fluctuations in arts & sciences that ended up averaging us being right around 50th....where we were when she arrived.

Advertisement
Neg away, but Ruiz needs to put the money to get the university's academics at least to where Donna had them until right before the Nevin story broke and Miami's reputation was sullied. Tied with FSU? UF 27 spots higher? Ruiz needs to take that SPAC coin and get UM to a place where demanding the tuition it does is worth it.

To be honest, I wouuld rather have Hard Rock with roof and mosterous noise (I was at the ND game) then some UCF Bouncy House erector set staduim that will probably collapse (hopefully with no one in it).
Not worth negging that comment as I understand the purpose but that's half the reason we're in the situation we were in. Because we tried to tell donors they had zero say so in where there money went and they knew it was going to be allocated to education first and foremost regardless of their desires. Most schools when you donate, it's towards something in particular that a vast majority of your money goes and the university disperses the remaining 35% or so. That way there is balance throughout. She decided to put us in the acc knowing full well that meant tearing down the ob even though the city and various donors were willing to give significant funds towards a renovation. Fvck shalalalala.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back