2023 Rueben Bain 5A POY

Advertisement
Never trust high school stats. There’s no official stat keeper. It’s just some random kid that helps with the football team most of the time or one of the coach’s home boys. Also, coaches will tell the stat guy to juice numbers, especially for major prospects. Especially defensive statistics where most people don’t know what constitutes a sack and give out credit for assisted tackles to anyone within 5 yards of the tackles player.
Ok you all in on questioning Bain's skills, measurements and stats. Did you stop to think that this young man has been evaluated and offered by the best teams in the country after they evaluated him in person and watched his film? Not based on what a stat keeper wrote down! Dude is a P5 Stud

Ok you all in on questioning Bain's skills, measurements and stats. Did you stop to think that this young man has been evaluated and offered by the best teams in the country after they evaluated him in person and watched his film? Not based on what a stat keeper wrote down! Dude is a P5 Stud
I made no mention of his skills. I just said not to believe high school stats. Any high school coach will tell you to take statistics with a grain of salt. Did you bother to read my post before quoting it and sprouting off a whole bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with what I posted?

Advertisement

I don’t think anyone argued that. We know he can balled but 30 sacks and 50 tfls seems a bit exaggerated. It’s like a stud hooper, he can be a stud but if we see he avg 60 ppg in a season, we’re going to question the stats (sort of how I feel about Wilt but another topic for another day). That being said, he can still be a stud. I think everyone agree that Bain is a top notch athlete

I don’t think anyone argued that. We know he can balled but 30 sacks and 50 tfls seems a bit exaggerated. It’s like a stud hooper, he can be a stud but if we see he avg 60 ppg in a season, we’re going to question the stats (sort of how I feel about Wilt but another topic for another day). That being said, he can still be a stud. I think everyone agree that Bain is a top notch athlete
Just because "you" find it incredible doesn't make it questionable. The State HSAA didn't, local county didn't dispute and neither did any local coach or school. Do the math and you'll see it's not that unlikely when you have multiple sacks and TFL against several of the lesser opponents and playoffs (not sure).

He is relentless. I watch his film and he is aggressive and violent. If the man said he got 29 sacks, he got 29 sacks. Pretty sure u can find almost all his high school games somewhere online. If it aint 29, its close.

Advertisement
Just because "you" find it incredible doesn't make it questionable. The State HSAA didn't, local county didn't dispute and neither did any local coach or school. Do the math and you'll see it's not that unlikely when you have multiple sacks and TFL against several of the lesser opponents and playoffs (not sure).

Hey it’s not that serious. Plus the FHSAA doesn’t even keep stats and no opposing coaches/schools will do the same. It’s off of what the coaches at his school tells them. I mean they haven’t reported their stats to max Oreos either. With that being said, no one is denying his talent. It’s not a shot against him. He’s a beast.

3BAB52B9-F7B9-4918-A4FF-033B3E0218D6.jpeg

Advertisement
I look forward to the day Mario closes the door here and Bama has to set up shop in Texas or California instead of South Florida.
Unfortunately don’t think that day will ever come. This entire generation from here on out knows nothing other than Bama domination. We can swing the tide and limit the amount of talent that gets away, but it will never be closed out.

Ochiel Swaby likes this.

Advertisement
I didn’t know who he was until I looked him up. They were saying he was avg 50 ppg in high school. How? Haha

Trying to gauge the age of my audience. I was in HS when Swaby was tearing it up. Dude was in the news constantly. His school, IIRC, played nobodies and he averaged 77 ppg his senior year, IIRC. lol

Went on to play at UM. Legend.

Trying to gauge the age of my audience. I was in HS when Swaby was tearing it up. Dude was in the news constantly. His school, IIRC, played nobodies and he averaged 77 ppg his senior year, IIRC. lol

Went on to play at UM. Legend.
I was in elementary back then. My aunt's neighbors played for North Miami when Swaby was scoring a hundred points a game...

Advertisement
Back