Ruben Hyppolite

Advertisement
I like Cave a lot. Mathis is an athletic LB with potential. And Flagg plays the position with intellect and instinct. But if we end up with a LB class of Cave, Mathis, and Flagg, especially in a year where we have our top 3 LBs leaving and the back-ups are unproven or freshmen, that's a subpar recruiting effort.

There's still plenty of time so no need to panic, and the more we use the striker the less we need to rely on a conventional will. But this staff needs a better recruiting effort at LB, all things considered.
How is a class of Mathis, Cave, and Flagg subpar? Is it becuase they are not 4 stars.

I can’t blame people for being concerned that Huff could be the only 4* lb we’ve signed in four cycles. Additionally, those lbs have very little game experience and troubling injury histories
In terms of tools to work with, potential and athletic ability, LBs like Cave, hyppolite, flagg, and Mathis are already better than shaq, pickney, and McCloud coming out of highschool. At first I had questions about there height at the position, but considering we play a 4-3 and not a 3-4 that won't be a big factor. If they were 4 stars, people would be drooling over them, but despite their rankings, I think the staff made some great evaluations at the LB position.

How is a class of Mathis, Cave, and Flagg subpar? Is it becuase they are not 4 stars.

They’re a good not elite class. Compare them to when Shaq, Pick and Mccloud came in. The latter miles better. That’s the concern. We need at least 1 true freshman to start next year and right now neither of the 3 mentioned look like they will.

Advertisement
We only need one elite (4⭐) LB this class to be set for the foreseeable future. Since we run a 4 - 2 - 5 as our base defense LB depth doesn't have to be as deep as usual bc the striker position will almost always be a converted DB. Brooks and Huff starting and then Austin-Cave, one elite LB (4⭐) and maybe Mathis as the rotation. Fill up the rest of the depth with projects with high ceilings.

This is the worst case scenario which would still leave us in better position than everyone in the coastal. Brooks and Huff are both NFL talents with Huff probably going in the first 3 rounds.

Would be an absolute embarrassment considering the position Miami is in and what they have to sell right now. Flat embarrassing.
Why is it an embarrassment, ur just complaining because they are not 4 stars. They are very good D1 players who can always rise up in the rankings.

Advertisement
I'm complaining because an elite recruiting staff would be signing much more highly regarded kids, and they'd be doing it in their sleep.
When is the last time Miami, had an elite recruiting staff 😂😂😂. Like wat did u expect, it's more realistic for them to do a thorough evaluation of prospects that they think can be stars on the next level, and there are plenty of then out there.

I'm complaining because an elite recruiting staff would be signing much more highly regarded kids, and they'd be doing it in their sleep.
Shows how little you actually know. South Florida market is actually one of the more difficult areas recruit because everyone comes to it to recruit. Furthermore, you have had the big 3 bag schools Bama, Clemson, and UGAy that are basically poaching most of the top players in the entire state.

Advertisement
Shows how little you actually know. South Florida market is actually one of the more difficult areas recruit because everyone comes to it to recruit. Furthermore, you have had the big 3 bag schools Bama, Clemson, and UGAy that are basically poaching most of the top players in the entire state.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It's only 8:17am, and I can't imagine I'll hear more of a loser comment all day. Really well done.

Advertisement
Justin Flowe
Antoine Stampah
Derek Wingo
Trenton Simpson
Jayion McCluster
Stephen Dix, Jr
Ruben Hyppolite
Jaylen Harrell
Devon Betty

Shall I go on?
Betty ain’t better than Cave or Mathis. Flagg has more production a lot of those guys. Flowe and Stampah cmon bro lol. Wingo is a project, Mathis better than Jayion. The list compared to the guys were after only has probably 3 guys maybe and we’re still in it for two.

It is subpar considering the need (which was exacerbated by under-recruiting the position for 3 cycles) and the ability to sell playing time. Three starters are leaving. The guys left after next season are either unproven or have injury concerns, or both. The staff should be able to go out and land at least one blue chip LB who can step in and play significant minutes next season. I especially like Cave, and I am high on Mathis's athleticism and potential, but I'm not particularly confident in any of then stepping in and starting.

But Gil came in about 190-195, so did Finley. They won’t play from day 1. Even if Smith plays Striker, he’s about 190 too. That’s basically a Will backer that needs maybe 10-15 pounds. That will be the recruiting model obviously. While the Striker isn’t called LB, his assignments are closer to LB than DB.
Striker is a safety that's playing in the box. Vt calls there position the whip. It's the same as striker. Vt's whip is listed as a 6'0 185 pound safety. Tcu calls there position the weak safety. Blake baker ran a 4-2-5 at la tech and they just listed 3 starting safties without the special name.

So its just basically a safety with hybrid duties. They have some nickel stuff and some LB stuff at times depending on the offense.

Advertisement
Back