Ruben Hyppolite

It is subpar considering the need (which was exacerbated by under-recruiting the position for 3 cycles) and the ability to sell playing time. Three starters are leaving. The guys left after next season are either unproven or have injury concerns, or both. The staff should be able to go out and land at least one blue chip LB who can step in and play significant minutes next season. I especially like Cave, and I am high on Mathis's athleticism and potential, but I'm not particularly confident in any of then stepping in and starting.
They won’t be needed as starters immediately.

Advertisement
Striker is a safety that's playing in the box. Vt calls there position the whip. It's the same as striker. Vt's whip is listed as a 6'0 185 pound safety. Tcu calls there position the weak safety. Blake baker ran a 4-2-5 at la tech and they just listed 3 starting safties without the special name.

So its just basically a safety with hybrid duties. They have some nickel stuff and some LB stuff at times.
So explain why McCloud comes off the field but the two safeties stay on the field?

Betty ain’t better than Cave or Mathis. Flagg has more production a lot of those guys. Flowe and Stampah cmon bro lol. Wingo is a project, Mathis better than Jayion. The list compared to the guys were after only has probably 3 guys maybe and we’re still in it for two.

Pretty solid cop-out here.

And I thought we always wanted the south florida dogs? Except in this case, right?

All else considered equal, don't we want the florida kids? Didn't Al Golden the loser recruit NJ? Funny how the narrative changes to defend what is indefensible.

They won’t be needed as starters immediately.

Ideally, you are right. But with so many guys with prior injuries in one unit, it would be nice to have someone capable. Either way these guys will be asked to contribute.

Advertisement
It is subpar considering the need (which was exacerbated by under-recruiting the position for 3 cycles) and the ability to sell playing time. Three starters are leaving. The guys left after next season are either unproven or have injury concerns, or both. The staff should be able to go out and land at least one blue chip LB who can step in and play significant minutes next season. I especially like Cave, and I am high on Mathis's athleticism and potential, but I'm not particularly confident in any of then stepping in and starting.

Bingo was his name-o.

A snake oil salesman recruiter gets AT LEAST one blue-chip LB prospect in this class. At a minimum. You have a proven system where your LBs get to play fast, play downhill, play in space, rush the passer, and make plays. They get to play in a proven system that has ranked in the top 10% of the country every year Manny has been here. LBs here are high-profile players with the potential to make a ton of plays and put their athleticism on tape. AND....you get to come in right away and compete for a starting spot, playing for a coach who has PROVEN he will play freshmen (He started 3 of them at one time his first year). Again, I've said it on this site for 6 months, you literally cannot have a better sell as a recruiter for LBs in this class. Lincoln Riley can't sell playing QB for him more than Miami can sell playing LB in this system when you consider all the selling points. Yet, we're talking about low 3-star kids from Jersey who we're battling Syracuse for LMAO.

Long way to go. Signing day isn't tomorrow. But 2 things are concrete facts at this very moment:

1. LB recruiting has been sub-par since Manny arrived. It cannot be disputed
2. 2020 *looks* to be headed the same way at this moment.

And I thought we always wanted the south florida dogs? Except in this case, right?

All else considered equal, don't we want the florida kids? Didn't Al Golden the loser recruit NJ? Funny how the narrative changes to defend what is indefensible.
Cmon bro, it’s a difference in Quan and Njoku vs the LB that never played here. Even Kiy Hester was a stud in high school.

My point is just bc Cave isn’t from Florida doesn’t mean Betty is better. ****, we wanted Mathis over slow *** Jayion but now it’s a problem to have him?

I think everyone wants Hyppolite and it’s still an opportunity for that to happen being that it’s only June. Simpson is still time there as well. Wingo is rated high bc he’s athletic but has no LB instincts that you can’t teach.

Jesse is from Flaggs neck of the woods. I think if we were able to get Flowe, Stampah, Simpson, and Hyppolite, we would be Alabama or Clemson.. even they won’t have that class at LB.

I will say it’s no time to panic b/c the season hasn’t started, but there’s been a continued theme in this dept. We literally was LBU. I’m not sure after all the success we’ve had w the trio, especially as Freshmen, why we r still struggling to land Blue Chip LBs to play here.

Bc our LBers coach couldn’t recruit very well, and now he’s our head coach. Now I’m hoping kids are just waiting Manny out and seeing if he’s the real deal, bc of not I don’t see us ever getting into the elite category with how he recruits

Advertisement
Justin Flowe
Antoine Stampah
Derek Wingo
Trenton Simpson
Jayion McCluster
Stephen Dix, Jr
Ruben Hyppolite
Jaylen Harrell
Devon Betty

Shall I go on?
Mccluster, Dix, Hyppolite and Betty arent more wanted than those three guys by this staff. Jaylen Harrell is a defensive end. So basically you have Flowe, Smapah, Wingo and Simpson and all but one is from Florida

Yet 3 out of the first 4 players on that little list of yours arent even from Florida...

Mccluster, Dix, Hyppolite and Betty arent more wanted than those three guys by this staff. Jaylen Harrell is a defensive end. So basically you have Flowe, Smapah, Wingo and Simpson and all but one is from Florida

HAhahhahaah. They're not more wanted? Or they can't get them?

Give me a break. The staff recruited the **** out of Jayion McCluster. And he went elsewhere. So because he did, they want Austin-Cave more? FOH. Don't be that homer fan. There's a lot to like about what Manny is doing. But we can have an intelligent discussion here and not be blind homers.

Advertisement
LB recruiting is a issue. Yall can try to hype those other dudes up but shaq was highly ranked coming out of hs. Zach was a 4 star and 247 really liked him and had him at a 94. Mike was a 3 star but espn and 247 had him right there as almost a 4 star.

Ideally, you are right. But with so many guys with prior injuries in one unit, it would be nice to have someone capable. Either way these guys will be asked to contribute.
These guys haven’t played their Sr seasons yet. All 3 will get bumps and we still have a chance at Simpson and Hypoolite. Flowe just a pipe dream for everybody except for Bama, Clemson, or SC.

Advertisement
LB recruiting is a issue. Yall can try to hype those other dudes up but shaq was highly ranked coming out of hs. Zach was a 4 star and 247 really liked him and had him at a 94. Mike was a 3 star but espn and 247 had him right there as almost a 4 star.
What has Zach done at Miami vs Pick? Exactly stop with the high regards crap. Who can play football is the goal.

HAhahhahaah. They're not more wanted? Or they can't get them?

Give me a break. The staff recruited the **** out of Jayion McCluster. And he went elsewhere. So because he did, they want Austin-Cave more? FOH. Don't be that homer fan. There's a lot to like about what Manny is doing. But we can have an intelligent discussion here and not be blind homers.
No lol they are definitely not more wanted. Mccluster maybe only because he was recruited early but the other 3 guys werent offered till later. Dix got offered 2 weeks ago. Dont get mad at me because you made a poo poo *** list

Cmon bro, it’s a difference in Quan and Njoku vs the LB that never played here. Even Kiy Hester was a stud in high school.

My point is just bc Cave isn’t from Florida doesn’t mean Betty is better. ****, we wanted Mathis over slow *** Jayion but now it’s a problem to have him?

I think everyone wants Hyppolite and it’s still an opportunity for that to happen being that it’s only June. Simpson is still time there as well. Wingo is rated high bc he’s athletic but has no LB instincts that you can’t teach.

Jesse is from Flaggs neck of the woods. I think if we were able to get Flowe, Stampah, Simpson, and Hyppolite, we would be Alabama or Clemson.. even they won’t have that class at LB.

The staff did not want Mathis over Jayion. They wanted both. They only got 1. And that's OK....I think AJ is a solid prospect. But they brought both kids in and recruited both equally. If McCluster wanted in, Manny would've been tweeting gifs all **** day.

And I didn't say I want a class of Flowe, Stampah, Simpson and Hyppolite. But is 1 of those 4 too much to ask? We all talk on here like we should just run through the Coastal and challenge Clemson every year. I would like to think a program that could just steamroll through a P5 division should be able to recruit 1 blue-chip kid at the biggest position of need to play in a system that has been proven to showcase their abilities. But maybe I'm asking for too much.

Advertisement
Back