Ruben Hyppolite

No lol they are definitely not more wanted. Mccluster maybe only because he was recruited early but the other 3 guys werent offered till later. Dix got offered 2 weeks ago. Dont get mad at me because you made a poo poo *** list

Yep. We only want the guys we get. Got it. Bury your head in the sand some more. You sound like a **** gator fan.

"This guy is better cause he wants to be a gator. You're either a gator or you're gator bait".

The LB recruiting has been and continues to be awful. Period.

Advertisement
Bingo was his name-o.

A snake oil salesman recruiter gets AT LEAST one blue-chip LB prospect in this class. At a minimum. You have a proven system where your LBs get to play fast, play downhill, play in space, rush the passer, and make plays. They get to play in a proven system that has ranked in the top 10% of the country every year Manny has been here. LBs here are high-profile players with the potential to make a ton of plays and put their athleticism on tape. AND....you get to come in right away and compete for a starting spot, playing for a coach who has PROVEN he will play freshmen (He started 3 of them at one time his first year). Again, I've said it on this site for 6 months, you literally cannot have a better sell as a recruiter for LBs in this class. Lincoln Riley can't sell playing QB for him more than Miami can sell playing LB in this system when you consider all the selling points. Yet, we're talking about low 3-star kids from Jersey who we're battling Syracuse for LMAO.

Long way to go. Signing day isn't tomorrow. But 2 things are concrete facts at this very moment:

1. LB recruiting has been sub-par since Manny arrived. It cannot be disputed
2. 2020 *looks* to be headed the same way at this moment.
They've only missed on one year (2018) and they hit on one year (2019) with Brooks and Huff. No one expected them to sign stud LB's the year that we started 3 true freshman. If they sign just one stud this year then the LB recruiting has been above sub-par compared to the last decade and considering our W-L record.

What has Zach done at Miami vs Pick? Exactly stop with the high regards crap. Who can play football is the goal.
You missing the point. Those guys wasn't the 100th ranked LB coming out. Even pickney who was a 3 star was ranked top 20 at his position. Flagg is 47th at his position and mathis is 54th. So to say those dudes would be a good haul is crazy.

HAhahhahaah. They're not more wanted? Or they can't get them?

Give me a break. The staff recruited the **** out of Jayion McCluster. And he went elsewhere. So because he did, they want Austin-Cave more? FOH. Don't be that homer fan. There's a lot to like about what Manny is doing. But we can have an intelligent discussion here and not be blind homers.
Jayion is slower than Flagg with less production but ok.

You missing the point. Those guys wasn't the 100th ranked LB coming out. Even pickney who was a 3 star was ranked top 20 at his position. Flagg is 47th at his position and mathis is 54th. So to say those dudes would be a good haul is crazy.
No you’re missing the point. Production vs rating.

Advertisement
They've only missed on one year (2018) and they hit on one year (2019) with Brooks and Huff. No one expected them to sign stud LB's the year that we started 3 true freshman. If they sign just one stud this year then the LB recruiting has been above sub-par compared to the last decade and considering our W-L record.

The excuse has been (and apparently continues to be) we can’t be expected to sign great LB classes because of the current depth chart. Although that’s complete horse****, for the purposes of this discussion, ok. So what’s the excuse in 2020? Again...it’s only June and we’re shooting the **** in the off-season. This can be made right. But if they can’t sign a single blue-chip kid in 2020, can we admit there’s a problem here? Or will it continue to be “we didn’t want the kids we didn’t get” like it’s been for 15 years?

The staff did not want Mathis over Jayion. They wanted both. They only got 1. And that's OK....I think AJ is a solid prospect. But they brought both kids in and recruited both equally. If McCluster wanted in, Manny would've been tweeting gifs all **** day.

And I didn't say I want a class of Flowe, Stampah, Simpson and Hyppolite. But is 1 of those 4 too much to ask? We all talk on here like we should just run through the Coastal and challenge Clemson every year. I would like to think a program that could just steamroll through a P5 division should be able to recruit 1 blue-chip kid at the biggest position of need to play in a system that has been proven to showcase their abilities. But maybe I'm asking for too much.
We still have a shot at 2 of those 4 tho. With Cave and Mathis. Flagg is a football player. Texas is a needed recruiting area, especially Houston. I just think the guys we’re on are good for our system.

The excuse has been (and apparently continues to be) we can’t be expected to sign great LB classes because of the current depth chart. Although that’s complete horse****, for the purposes of this discussion, ok. So what’s the excuse in 2020? Again...it’s only June and we’re shooting the **** in the off-season. This can be made right. But if they can’t sign a single blue-chip kid in 2020, can we admit there’s a problem here? Or will it continue to be “we didn’t want the kids we didn’t get” like it’s been for 15 years?
No, I agree that if we don't sign at least one blue chip this year then there are some changes that need to be made. This is the year Patke needs to prove himself. I honestly think it will be Baker that lands the blue chip this year.

Advertisement
We still have a shot at 2 of those 4 tho. With Cave and Mathis. Flagg is a football player. Texas is a needed recruiting area, especially Houston. I just think the guys we’re on are good for our system.

Fair enough. We can revisit this in a couple years. The blue-chip ratio has been proven to a literal science, but it’s not everything. Of course there’s a chance the lower ranked kids can be stud performers and/or the highly ranked kids can underperform. But the staff is going after and wants these blue-chip kids. The people who play Monday morning QB after the kids sign and say oh we wanted this kid who signed here more than the blue-chip who didn’t are embarrassing.

I think our de-emphasis of LBs on the field may have something to do with it. You can’t tout 4-2-5 flexibility, the striker position, and take hybrid DEs every cycle and it not have a residual effect on the position group that gets smaller as a consequence.

That's what fans tell themselves when they can't get the good players. Ratings do matter.
I’m not saying they don’t but I’m saying production is the bottom line no? Everybody wanted McCloud and Finley has out performed him in one season at Striker. Who’s to say the guys we’re on won’t be rated higher at seasons end? We have a few guys that didn’t get rated higher until the last season.. Nesta was a 3 star at this time in his career.

I think our de-emphasis of LBs on the field may have something to do with it. You can’t tout 4-2-5 flexibility, the striker position, and take hybrid DEs every cycle and it not have a residual effect on the position group that gets smaller as a consequence.
Hmmm, thank you.

Advertisement
In terms of tools to work with, potential and athletic ability, LBs like Cave, hyppolite, flagg, and Mathis are already better than shaq, pickney, and McCloud coming out of highschool. At first I had questions about there height at the position, but considering we play a 4-3 and not a 3-4 that won't be a big factor. If they were 4 stars, people would be drooling over them, but despite their rankings, I think the staff made some great evaluations at the LB position.

Take off the Canes shade. This rhetoric has been on going for several cycles now. There is zero excuse for us not to land blue chip LBs and LBs r hella important. They are ur 2nd line of defense, responsible for any gap integrity up front, making life difficult for RBs in the back field and flat, calling out defensive alignment. U can’t continue to have a bunch of 3 star guys, especially ones who’s best offer is TT and SMU.

Every kid we offer is considered a “great evaluation” and a stud. Lol. That’s the pacification.

I’m not saying they don’t but I’m saying production is the bottom line no? Everybody wanted McCloud and Finley has out performed him in one season at Striker. Who’s to say the guys we’re on won’t be rated higher at seasons end? We have a few guys that didn’t get rated higher until the last season.. Nesta was a 3 star at this time in his career.
Finley didn't out perform mccloud. Finley was basically used as the coverage guy while zach played the early downs. Finley 28 tackles, 5tfls, and 2 picks. Zach 44 tackles, 4.5 tfls, 1.5 sacks.

Take off the Canes shade. This rhetoric has been on going for several cycles now. There is zero excuse for us not to land blue chip LBs and LBs r hella important. They are ur 2nd line of defense, responsible for any gap integrity up front, making life difficult for RBs in the back field and flat, calling out defensive alignment. U can’t continue to have a bunch of 3 star guys, especially ones who’s best offer is TT and SMU.

Every kid we offer is considered a “great evaluation” and a stud. Lol. That’s the pacification.
Bro if Flagg was Shaq’s height, he wouldn’t even be available for us. I mean, everybody recruiting service and most fans, even coaches love measurables. I mean we got in trouble with Central and missed out on two of the best RBs out of there to come out of Florida bc of it. It’s not always about how good a kid is.

Advertisement
Finley didn't out perform mccloud. Finley was basically used as the coverage guy while zach played the early downs. Finley 28 tackles, 5tfls, and 2 picks. Zach 44 tackles, 4.5 tfls, 1.5 sacks.
Who made a bigger impact? Bc those numbers right there are splitting hairs.

But Finley was a 4 star per rivals and ESPN. Not sure if he was a composite, but he was on that border 3/4 ranking like Zach was.

However, u’re right. Sometimes our players do getting rating bumps. I believe Nesta became the 3 DT in the nation by seasons end

This guy listed slow linebackers and edge guys and said why ain't land 4star LBs. Has Lber recruiting been perfect absolutely not, i liked the guys we identified, guys always emerge late because it is only June, and you have to account for how many kids are wait and see with us because we do not drop bags.

Advertisement
Back