Ruben Hyppolite Note

I'm not that worried on defense. Manny knows what he wants and will recruit a Manny defense. If the team gets better, he can get a few more of those big-time Ohio State/Alabama type defenders.

The key will be his ability to land the right QB and OL. Time will tell on that front.

We have a great qb coach and offensive coordinator. Barry has done a **** good job with what he is working with. Two freshman olinemen playing alot better the last three games. Clark and Nelson to me are going to be four starters

Advertisement
Advertisement
Have you seen enos numbers in his career? Has done nothing but produce shìtty offenses. Good qb coach tho.

Tell that to the guys in this offense. Jarren just threw 6 td's, Dallas YPC, Jordan is ballin, receivers are eating, Mallory caught a td Saturday

Good for them. The offense still is 80th and one of the worst in the cfb in yards per play and 3rd down.

Keep in mind this offensive just started turning things around recently. Let's let the last three games say what's what. I see progress across the board. Especially with Jarren and the oline.

Advertisement
Keep in mind this offensive just started turning things around recently. Let's let the last three games say what's what. I see progress across the board. Especially with Jarren and the oline.
Keep in mind they just played the 2 worse defenses they have played all year. Fsu 102nd and louisville 105th.

Keep in mind they just played the 2 worse defenses they have played all year. Fsu 102nd and louisville 105th.

Keep in mind Jarren threw for 6 td's last game. We just getting started. Jarren is going to have plenty days like that. Regardless of it was a game in Alaska against the 1000 worse defense they're games in our conference and they matter. Just ask the players. They look totally different from game 1 to Louisville. They believe in thereself. I can see it

Last edited:
Advertisement
Keep in mind Jarren threw for 6 td's last game. We just get started. Jarren is going to have plenty days like that. Regardless of it was a game in Alaska against the 1000 worse defense they're games in our conference and they matter. Just ask the players. They look totally different from game 1 to Louisville. They believe in thereself. I can see it
We will see

I agree with you.

Outside of Solomon...Miami didn't even really recruit these guys. They were gunshy on Devin Bush, too.

Maybe we just suck at evaluating talent.

*whispers* we really do.

If we have good LB play again next year, will you continue to say this?

Will you maintain your opinion that despite 5 consecutive years of All-Conference caliber play at the position, we cannot evaluate talent?

I'm not interested in arguing about our LBs right now. It strikes me as bizarre that people complain about one of our most consistent strengths, but fine.

I'm just wondering how many straight years of good LB play do we need for this complaint to die? 4? Guess not, it's still going strong today. 5 then? Does this die next year?

It can't be 6, can it? If McCloud is a borderline All-Conference guy and Brooks/Huff/whoever have solid years, you wouldn't really continue to die on this hill going into 2021, after more than half a decade of very good production at the position?

Advertisement
If we have good LB play again next year, will you continue to say this?

Will you maintain your opinion that despite 5 consecutive years of All-Conference caliber play at the position, we cannot evaluate talent?

I'm not interested in arguing about our LBs right now. It strikes me as bizarre that people complain about one of our most consistent strengths, but fine.

I'm just wondering how many straight years of good LB play do we need for this complaint to die? 4? Guess not, it's still going strong today. 5 then? Does this die next year?

It can't be 6, can it? If McCloud is a borderline All-Conference guy and Brooks/Huff/whoever have solid years, you wouldn't really continue to die on this hill going into 2021, after more than half a decade of very good production at the position?
5 years? The LB core in 2015 wasn't good.

LB Ruben Hyppolite II (Maryland commit) – The local Top247 linebacker out of nearby Hollywood McArthur has turned into a fan favorite of sorts and is a prospect that many Miami supporters want to see the Hurricanes flip from the Terripans. We're not completely ruling that out, but right now the defensive staff appears to be trying to figure out what is going to happen with some of the other targets in play.

Advertisement
Back