Ruben Hyppolite Note

Advertisement
If true, it's par for the course with Diaz. Chase the long shot, ignore the local talent only to be left with his dyck in his hand come signing day.
LB recruiting has been abysmal under Diaz.

I agree it hasn't been completely up to par but also a few bad breaks.... When Diaz came in and we started the 3 true freshman, I did not expect a big signee the next cycle as we had everyone returning. I think Steed, Jennings, and Joyner were coming along and would have gotten great burn this year before injuries (I want to say Steed's dad even said he was getting first team reps over Pickney) then couple that with us basically going to a 4-2-5, its hard to keep 10 true lb's on roster. Next year we are projected to have Mccloud, Brooks, Huff, Jennings, Joyner, Steed, and 3-4 true freshman for essentially 2 spots at LB.

I agree it hasn't been completely up to par but also a few bad breaks.... When Diaz came in and we started the 3 true freshman, I did not expect a big signee the next cycle as we had everyone returning. I think Steed, Jennings, and Joyner were coming along and would have gotten great burn this year before injuries (I want to say Steed's dad even said he was getting first team reps over Pickney) then couple that with us basically going to a 4-2-5, its hard to keep 10 true lb's on roster. Next year we are projected to have Mccloud, Brooks, Huff, Jennings, Joyner, Steed, and 3-4 true freshman for essentially 2 spots at LB.
I think main rotation will be Joyner, Huff and Brooks. Steed and Jennings will have to play their azzes off for reps.

If I was Diaz I would seriously consider hiring Devin Bush Sr as our LB's coach, he's an analyst at Michigan & has been apart of recruiting a bunch of the LB's from South Fla that go up there.

He helped them land Devin Jr, Josh Metellus, Josh Uche, Devin Gil, Anthony Solomon & Mike Morris.

He's a well respected coach in South Fla & even though he's a Nole I think he would be great on this staff that really needs a great LB recruiter.

Advertisement
While of course we don't know what the coaches are saying to Mathis, from the outside we have a built in excuse as Mathis I think was supposed to EE but not will be a regular enrollee. Drop him and go for Hyppolite since he is a early graduate. Then Mathis and McCluster can go back to being a package deal again.

Does Hyypolite project as an end? He’s already 225 and I’m wondering if he can cover. Because if he can’t and he continues to grow he’s a DE all the way. And at 6’0 he’d have to go full Deebo to be a take at DE in my eyes. At DE everyone we have committed and on the roster are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than what I see Ruben offering at DE.

If I was Diaz I would seriously consider hiring Devin Bush Sr as our LB's coach, he's an analyst at Michigan & has been apart of recruiting a bunch of the LB's from South Fla that go up there.

He helped them land Devin Jr, Josh Metellus, Josh Uche, Devin Gil, Anthony Solomon & Mike Morris.

He's a well respected coach in South Fla & even though he's a Nole I think he would be great on this staff that really needs a great LB recruiter.
Chess for a couple of years.

Far fetch seeing as baker is our lb coach and I doubt he fires baker maybe if Bush would take a off the field role but we shall see

Advertisement

Sounds like someone who would end up on f$u's next staff.

Advertisement

I agree with you.

Outside of Solomon...Miami didn't even really recruit these guys. They were gunshy on Devin Bush, too.

Maybe we just suck at evaluating talent.

*whispers* we really do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back