Ruben Hyppolite Note

Advertisement
Can someone tell me what Patke or even Blake Baker do that warrants getting paid like a Power 5 coach?

I mean, what do they do? Serious question.

Two more dudes that can get lost.

Replacement level coaches everywhere on this staff.

Baker was a rising name at Louisiana Tech and on his way to a big payday somewhere.

Jury is still out but we are 19th in yards per play and should be climbing higher the next few weeks.

Can someone tell me what Patke or even Blake Baker do that warrants getting paid like a Power 5 coach?

I mean, what do they do? Serious question.

Two more dudes that can get lost.

Replacement level coaches everywhere on this staff.
Have to do something different, Diaz is not a good recruiter in his own right so it’s imperative that he hires guys around him that can recruit at a high enough level. We didn’t do that when he filled out his staff imo

Baker was a rising name at Louisiana Tech and on his way to a big payday somewhere.

Jury is still out but we are 19th in yards per play and should be climbing higher the next few weeks.
Yeah but our schedule has sucked. I hate looking at stats as opposed to actually watching games. Tired of being an aggressive bend don't break. So infuriating

Advertisement
But what was it before Diaz got directly involved again?... Changes on that side need to happen because we are having issues recruiting.

I'm not that worried on defense. Manny knows what he wants and will recruit a Manny defense. If the team gets better, he can get a few more of those big-time Ohio State/Alabama type defenders.

The key will be his ability to land the right QB and OL. Time will tell on that front.

Advertisement
I'm not that worried on defense. Manny knows what he wants and will recruit a Manny defense. If the team gets better, he can get a few more of those big-time Ohio State/Alabama type defenders.

The key will be his ability to land the right QB and OL. Time will tell on that front.
I'll agree with that, winning cures most recruiting woes which means the offense need to do its job as well. Just weird having recruiting issues for his honeymoon class

D, what exactly is a "Manny" defense? When playing Power 5 teams we've been giving up, on avg., 21 ppg through 39 games since he's been here.

Advertisement
What is an "aggressive bend don't break" defense?

We are, I believe, #1 in TFL against power 5 teams.

We're a high risk, high reward defense. Problem is, if we don't hit on that risk, we get punched in the mouth.

Advertisement
Have to do something different, Diaz is not a good recruiter in his own right so it’s imperative that he hires guys around him that can recruit at a high enough level. We didn’t do that when he filled out his staff imo

Diaz hired teachers and developers. The product will recruit for you when you have an oline coach who can take a two star lineman and make him a decent left tackle his 1st year, strength and conditioning coach took him from 240 to 288 and he's competing his *** off, Jarren William's just broke the td's per game record, Rousseau is kicking as etc etc

If I was Diaz I would seriously consider hiring Devin Bush Sr as our LB's coach, he's an analyst at Michigan & has been apart of recruiting a bunch of the LB's from South Fla that go up there.

He helped them land Devin Jr, Josh Metellus, Josh Uche, Devin Gil, Anthony Solomon & Mike Morris.

He's a well respected coach in South Fla & even though he's a Nole I think he would be great on this staff that really needs a great LB recruiter.
Facts

Advertisement
Back