Ruben Hyppolite Note

Advertisement
LB Ruben Hyppolite II (Maryland commit) – The local Top247 linebacker out of nearby Hollywood McArthur has turned into a fan favorite of sorts and is a prospect that many Miami supporters want to see the Hurricanes flip from the Terripans. We're not completely ruling that out, but right now the defensive staff appears to be trying to figure out what is going to happen with some of the other targets in play.
I kind of hate the defensive staff sometimes

Nothing wrong in the abstract with quality depth, but when that becomes your rationale for taking a kid, you’re prolly doing it wrong, imo. Not all kids work put. Depth is mostly what you get from younger guys still working their way in and older guys who underperformed expectations. When you start justifying taking a kid based on his being a future backup, you’re headed towards bad talent.

oh, and we actually need starting LBs in a big way.

All of this x1,000,000

Every year we hear the coaches are waiting on some elite recruit and slow playing on a quality local Plan 1a kid like Hyppolite or maybe a Plan b kid like they did with Rashad Fenton a while back. Maybe this year is different and they get the guy(s) at the top of their list. Hope so. Personally, I see a couple names on the commit list I would have no trouble nudging out for this kid.

Advertisement
Does Hyypolite project as an end? He’s already 225 and I’m wondering if he can cover. Because if he can’t and he continues to grow he’s a DE all the way. And at 6’0 he’d have to go full Deebo to be a take at DE in my eyes. At DE everyone we have committed and on the roster are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than what I see Ruben offering at DE.
For those saying this is dumb give an educated rebuttal or ***** off.

For those saying this is dumb give an educated rebuttal or ***** off.
No.

He's a LB all the way, he's played only as a Stand up backer his entire time in HS, he's 6'0 225-230+, it would be retarded to put him at DE. Even in a 3-4 scheme he wouldn't be used as an outside Rusher, he's a Will/Mike Backer all day in college.

With his 4.51 speed you could utilize him best at at Weakside Backer & use that sideline to sideline speed in the run game & Blitzing the pocket. He's a stocky built physical freak, after an offseason in the S&C he will be a legit 240lbs with great Body mass index.

He plays fast & has good instincts, you teach him the Defense he's supposed to play & if he picks up the playbook he's a kid I wouldn't be shocked one bit if he started or as least was a rotational LB as a TF.

No.

He's a LB all the way, he's played only as a Stand up backer his entire time in HS, he's 6'0 225-230+, it would be retarded to put him at DE. Even in a 3-4 scheme he wouldn't be used as an outside Rusher, he's a Will/Mike Backer all day in college.

With his 4.51 speed you could utilize him best at at Weakside Backer & use that sideline to sideline speed in the run game & Blitzing the pocket. He's a stocky built physical freak, after an offseason in the S&C he will be a legit 240lbs with great Body mass index.

He plays fast & has good instincts, you teach him the Defense he's supposed to play & if he picks up the playbook he's a kid I wouldn't be shocked one bit if he started or as least was a rotational LB as a TF.
Thats my thing. Im really not seeing how he is not a take for anyone in the big 3 with how physically imposing he is as a pure athlete. And yea at 5'11 no way he can rush the passer.

Advertisement
waiting on other targets higher on the board. Y’all would complain if we didn’t go after the top targets so it’s a lose lose in some of your eyes either way for the staff.
I get what you're saying and agree usually but who is higher on the board than Hyppolite AND somewhat realistic? Maybe Flowe and that's it. They need to get Hyppolite, then if Flowe miraculously comes you let him in and figure it out. Really not that hard.

No.

This. Thank you. I can get with this. TBH I hadn’t seen film of his coverage ability so I didn’t know. Too easy to go off siE alone to say Perryman but with what you said sounds like an Antonio Pierce (NYG) in the making.

I get what you're saying and agree usually but who is higher on the board than Hyppolite AND somewhat realistic? Maybe Flowe and that's it. They need to get Hyppolite, then if Flowe miraculously comes you let him in and figure it out. Really not that hard.

they must not have him as high as people on this board. We have no idea what the staffs board looks like.

Advertisement
29.3 PPG - 68th
25.5 PPG if you take BCC out

Yea man, real offensive genius

New Coord, New offense, 1st year starter(hurt for a few games) back up comes in, freshman left tackle, freshman right guard. Dont leave these things out. Chiefs lost Mahomes for a few weeks Andy Reid didn't look too smart eiether.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back