Rousseau Weaknesses

Advertisement
Ppl on here act like Rousseau is a guaranteed Pro Bowler after a half season career playing cfb at Miami... I don’t see 1st rounder especially being a quitter but I wouldn’t mind the Falcons drafting him in the 2nd round.

Rousseau falling out of the 1st round and Phillips getting drafted in the 1st round would send a good message to cfb players that think they can try to skip over the process and be rewarded for it.

So, you had to find another place to post your Rousseau-hatred, because you got thread-banned elsewhere.

Pathetic.

So, you had to find another place to post your Rousseau-hatred, because you got thread-banned elsewhere.

Pathetic.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

I saw Rousseau a couple of times up close, and although we have Phillips, Nesta and others with some size on defense, Rousseau just looks very different with his height and length. I haven’t seen many DEs (college or NFL) who look physically comparable him. Rousseau is the toughest DL to block, and it looks effortless to him. I would be very surprised if he isn’t an All Pro by year 2 in the NFL.

Somebody needs to explain Kwity Paye over Rousseau. He’s short and too stiff to finish sacks.

We knock Rousseau for getting sacks over interior linemen, but we don’t knock Paye for failing to get sacks over interior linemen. They line him up all over and he’s still an “almost” guy.

There is a clear gap between Phillips/Rousseau and the rest of the class in terms of size, athleticism and production.

Advertisement
Somebody needs to explain Kwity Paye over Rousseau. He’s short and too stiff to finish sacks.

We knock Rousseau for getting sacks over interior linemen, but we don’t knock Paye for failing to get sacks over interior linemen. They line him up all over and he’s still an “almost” guy.

There is a clear gap between Phillips/Rousseau and the rest of the class in terms of size, athleticism and production.

Absolutely agree. But somehow people like "Krazy Kane" will tell us how Rousseau is a "quitter" and that Kwity Paye should be drafted higher because he played in more games.

Sheeee-it, Greg had more sacks in one year than Kwity had in 4 years. But, yeah, Greg should drop to a lower round because he opted out...

Absolutely agree. But somehow people like "Krazy Kane" will tell us how Rousseau is a "quitter" and that Kwity Paye should be drafted higher because he played in more games.

Sheeee-it, Greg had more sacks in one year than Kwity had in 4 years. But, yeah, Greg should drop to a lower round because he opted out...

72E60682-64D1-452B-9E10-FB4E90A78330.png

:backyard-pool:

Rousseau and phillips both do a very good job of setting the edge, which has become a lost art

Advertisement
My only question is his opting out , I’m not questioning his game or his effort but it just is that little small ? mark of ME first that holds me back of no weaknesses.

Tremendous athletic stud , any hint of ME first tells there’s pride in ME first no mater how small it will grow an fester as it’s fed with NFL $$$

I think it will show it’s face down the road pride always shows never once has it not no matter how small it starts pride will feed till it consumes you completely.

He is the BEST player in the draft though period 👍

Advertisement
Told y'all Greg's get off would make him fall when they started studying film.

The allure of it all is that Greg makes up for it w/ his length, size and soon to be strength and move toolkit. I think that’s the point. He can get away w/ things that others can’t because of his very rare physical gifts. Others without those attributes BETTER have an insane get off. We all know the pundits go crazy for the workout warriors though. Give me Greg, w/ his 15 “coverage” sacks and his better football years ahead of him over Paye or the other dude from Penn State who are “almost” proven.

The allure of it all is that Greg makes up for it w/ his length, size and soon to be strength and move toolkit. I think that’s the point. He can get away w/ things that others can’t because of his very rare physical gifts. Others without those attributes BETTER have an insane get off. We all know the pundits go crazy for the workout warriors though. Give me Greg, w/ his 15 “coverage” sacks and his better football years ahead of him over Paye or the other dude from Penn State who are “almost” proven.
He's going to the league where there is a ton of talent weekly not that ACC trashness. I think he improve alot but right now if I had to choose I would go Phillips without a doubt.

I saw Rousseau a couple of times up close, and although we have Phillips, Nesta and others with some size on defense, Rousseau just looks very different with his height and length. I haven’t seen many DEs (college or NFL) who look physically comparable him. Rousseau is the toughest DL to block, and it looks effortless to him. I would be very surprised if he isn’t an All Pro by year 2 in the NFL.
Yes sir! He will be the best DE taken this year IMO. Haters gonna hate

Advertisement

I don't think anyone takes "Crazy" seriously.

I’m more of a Phillips fan. Better motor, better athlete. Greg has the advantage of a little more height and length, but Phillips is no small human himself.

I think Greg will be more reliant on matchups to be successful in the NFL. Luckily he does have versatility which can put him in those matchups.

Greg is the best edge rusher in the draft. His size and coach ability will make him he first edge rusher taken. He will be perennial prow bowler.

My only question is his opting out , I’m not questioning his game or his effort but it just is that little small ? mark of ME first that holds me back of no weaknesses.

Tremendous athletic stud , any hint of ME first tells there’s pride in ME first no mater how small it will grow an fester as it’s fed with NFL $$$

I think it will show it’s face down the road pride always shows never once has it not no matter how small it starts pride will feed till it consumes you completely.

He is the BEST player in the draft though period 👍

If he had stayed and played, no doubt he'd be a guaranteed top 5-10 pick this year.

Advertisement
Back